Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Regarding an Overhauled Submariner 16800

Hi All,

I recently chanced upon someone selling a submariner 16800 no box and papers going for $5200. The seller claims that the watch has been serviced in 2003 at the rolex service center. The seller is willing to authenticate at the rolex service center. I have attached the list of items that was overhauled. Can the bros here advice if it is a good deal? Any comments?
    Attached Files

personally i feel that every 3-5 years, the watch needs to be serviced depends on usage. although some will feel that only service when broken, however, by the time it is broken, the price to pay for service might be high. so i prefer to service a watch @ regular intervals.

since the last service was done in 03 and it is 08 now, it is about time for service if i have the watch.

whether or not it is a good deal, depends on what u looking for. i would prefer box and papers.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Thanks for your prompt reply bro.
      I was just wondering if the price is ok for a preowned submariner with no box and papers. Not really planning to sell. Its probably a keeper for me.

Comment

If its a 16800 with a matte dial...i.e. no WG rings on the dots.....wif service papers......to me its a good deal.If its the latter gloss dial [but Tritium dial T<25]......then its about market value.If its been replaced with a service gloss LUMINOVA dial.....i would not buy it.

Jus my 2 cents.Peter.

Comment

Seeing item 9....it seems to have been replaced with a LUMI black dial.Gotta see the watch to confirm.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X