• Show
Clear All

• need an ID

http://sunnyday.fotopic.net/p47945387.html

which model is this?
    estimated cost?
    how do i identify which year?
    very new to rolex
    Last edited by sunnyday; 21-01-08, 04:26 PM.

Originally posted by sunnyday View Post

which model is this?
    estimated cost?
    how do i identify which year?
    very new to rolex
    Hmm...the pic isn't really working but I manage to get copy the link and see the pic.

It's the Rolex Day-Date,in WG or Plat,unable to tell coz these 2 looks almost the same la..but chances are it's WG.

Estimated cost for brand new I am not sure,but as far as I know a YG model costs like 30k,plat model costs like 60k...so work out from there I believe it's 40k. This I m not sure. Preowned would set you back at 20k.

To identify which year we need the serial number which is engrave on the watch but u hav to remove the bracelet first.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

fix your image link
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

If this is too expensive,an alternative is the Rolex Datejust 116234 with diamond dial. It is exactly the same,just made of SS,YG,Mix SS and YG,WG,or plat whichever you prefer...only diff is the DAY function that is not there. But seriously,if you want a WG/Plat model might as well get the Daydate la.

I believe you are looking for this la..but ended up seeing the Daydate that's all.

Comment

i assume WG is white gold and YG is yellow gold??
          there's a 18K engraved on the bracelet so i can assume that this is a WG model

with regards to the serial numbers..
          there's a 750..there's a 83859..there's a G233..and there's a DE3..not sure which numbers represent the serial number..please advise..

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
          Hmm...the pic isn't really working but I manage to get copy the link and see the pic.

It's the Rolex Day-Date,in WG or Plat,unable to tell coz these 2 looks almost the same la..but chances are it's WG.

Estimated cost for brand new I am not sure,but as far as I know a YG model costs like 30k,plat model costs like 60k...so work out from there I believe it's 40k. This I m not sure. Preowned would set you back at 20k.

To identify which year we need the serial number which is engrave on the watch but u hav to remove the bracelet first.

Comment

i have seen these 6 digits model numbers all around this forum and i have read the sticky threads but i still am confused abt these numbers..how does these 6 numbers differentiate rolex models??

the model that you have mentioned..does it have the 3 links bracelet (not sure what to call it) in my photo instead of the 5 links bracelet shown on yr photo?

is there a difference between the datejust model and the date model??seems to have read abt a date model somewhere before..

how much would the SS, WG and platinium version cost estimated? i prefer silver watches i assume there should be different choices for the colour of the watch face??

If this is too expensive,an alternative is the Rolex Datejust 116234 with diamond dial. It is exactly the same,just made of SS,YG,Mix SS and YG,WG,or plat whichever you prefer...only diff is the DAY function that is not there. But seriously,if you want a WG/Plat model might as well get the Daydate la.

I believe you are looking for this la..but ended up seeing the Daydate that's all.

Comment

i assume WG is white gold and YG is yellow gold??
              there's a 18K engraved on the bracelet so i can assume that this is a WG model

with regards to the serial numbers..
              there's a 750..there's a 83859..there's a G233..and there's a DE3..not sure which numbers represent the serial number..please advise..
              Yeah...correct.

750 is the gold....the rest i m not sure,

Anyway...wads ur budget for a watch...maybe I can advise

Comment

i have seen these 6 digits model numbers all around this forum and i have read the sticky threads but i still am confused abt these numbers..how does these 6 numbers differentiate rolex models??

the model that you have mentioned..does it have the 3 links bracelet (not sure what to call it) in my photo instead of the 5 links bracelet shown on yr photo?

is there a difference between the datejust model and the date model??seems to have read abt a date model somewhere before..

how much would the SS, WG and platinium version cost estimated? i prefer silver watches i assume there should be different choices for the colour of the watch face??
                the 6 digits are the model numbers not serial numbers.

Datejust models are 36mm,Date models are smaller 34mm.

I already stated the prices I wont mind repeating though.

SS-6k for no diamond and 8k for diamond. It's estimate take note
                WG- Not sure but I estimate more than 30k maybe 40k
                Plat is 60k

Comment

No worries about the pictures of the watch shown.

Ok,it's better for me to advise you on wad u need.

1)Budget?
                  2) Diamond dial?
                  3) Material,SS or WG?

I think it's better to take on these 3 questions first.

Comment

don't think will be getting a watch in the near future for now..just reading up and understanding more abt rolex for the time being

this watch is actually my father's..just helping him to wear it sometimes to keep the hands moving..and want to find out more abt the watch

Yeah...correct.

750 is the gold....the rest i m not sure,

Anyway...wads ur budget for a watch...maybe I can advise

Comment

i meant the datejust models actually..sorry for the misunderstanding

SS-6k for no diamond and 8k for diamond. It's estimate take note
                      WG- Not sure but I estimate more than 30k maybe 40k
                      Plat is 60k

Comment

would 10k be enough for a datejust?say SS or WG model with diamond dial??platinium seems very expensive

No worries about the pictures of the watch shown.

Ok,it's better for me to advise you on wad u need.

1)Budget?
                        2) Diamond dial?
                        3) Material,SS or WG?

I think it's better to take on these 3 questions first.

Comment

would 10k be enough for a datejust?say SS or WG model with diamond dial??platinium seems very expensive
                          That's of course...plat is crazy la unless u got damn alot of money

10k would be more than enought for a SS datejust with diamond dial.

WG is totally out of budget. LOL

Comment

don't think will be getting a watch in the near future for now..just reading up and understanding more abt rolex for the time being

this watch is actually my father's..just helping him to wear it sometimes to keep the hands moving..and want to find out more abt the watch
                            Ok I see. For the serial number thing,did you remove the bracelet? remove as in take it OUT OF THE WATCH. Like you take a tool to remove it.

Comment

oh..need to remove the bracelet out of the watch??i thought the serial number can be seen..didn't remove it..don't think i have the tools either..i guess i just leave it as it is..at least i know which model it is now..thanks a lot

Ok I see. For the serial number thing,did you remove the bracelet? remove as in take it OUT OF THE WATCH. Like you take a tool to remove it.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X