Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

under what circumstances will you verify a preowned at RSC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• under what circumstances will you verify a preowned at RSC?

for me, as long as its bought online from an individual, i definitely will verify its authenticity proper.
    if bought from ADs then confirm no need...

but what abt preowned shops??? how leh? WA? PK? koh watches? bronze age? would you bring the watch down to verify? or will you request them to open for you to view??

preowned shops - only certain ones.
    online from individual - always.
    "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
    three times is enemy action and
    over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
    ."

Comment

Originally posted by buaysaikum View Post
      for me, as long as its bought online from an individual, i definitely will verify its authenticity proper.

but what abt preowned shops??? how leh? WA? PK? koh watches? bronze age? would you bring the watch down to verify? or will you request them to open for you to view??
      if preowned, will just bring it to verify sinceonly 75 as compared to the amount i paid. sometimes the parts changes is inside and ouside looks perfectly gen.

btw, they open let me view i oso wont know how to see
      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Personally, I will authenticate no matter wat. If I get 1 at a bargin I might consider have tech check the seal, also at the same time get a quote for cleaning and re lube the inside, just to make sure I am getting the real stuff.
        Every Rolex tells a story

Comment

preowned, depends on your comfort level, for face to face private deals, always agree to meet at RSC and transact
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by buaysaikum View Post

HAHAHA...BSK kor kor where have you been!

Preowned shops confirmed no need...

Individual buyers...well I verify myself...but prefer to deal at RSC there...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Free verification

I'd verify it if I'm buying it as a gift (as I did recently last year) or if eventually I want to sell it. So, that means almost every time.

You can bring it down to RSC and ask them for a service quote. They will take it into the fish tank and the techie will go through it. If > 15 years old watch, they will almost always tell you that there is corrosion...blah blah blah.

If there is fake parts used, they won't even tell you the things that need fixing. If they tell you a list of things to fix, just give a hard and puzzled look and say, "Hmm....OK, I think I'll come back another day for that, no service today, please". Then they will put back the caseback (with the right amount of torque, clean the crystal, adjust the time and give it back to you. FOC.

Oh yes, always look out for that old aunty (the oldest you can find....about 108 years old ) to get her to send the watch in for check. She will naturally dissuade you from even trying. I do it because it's fun making her do it (esp even more so when she's darn determinded not give you the time of the day, so as to speak) and she will tell you to get a new watch since your watch is so 'old'. To which, I sometimes say, 'you are right, AUNTY, I think I do not want to repair this junk....please put it back. I'm trading it in for a Patek later'.

I think she gets extra peeved whenever someone my age I call her aunty and go to RSC in my polo T, berms and crocs.

Comment

if thats you in your avatar, the lady might have the hots for you
                I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                  if thats you in your avatar, the lady might have the hots for you
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                    oops sorry about that. but his avatar really quite funny. How do i delete my post?

Comment

in all circumstances when the watch is preown, irregardless whether preown shop or individual. this is because first i dont know if current seller is the first owner or not. if not first owner, you dont know what has been done to the watch. secondly even if first owner, does the owner bring it to RSC to service ONLY. there are too many ifs. as such, i will always ask to transact @ RSC whether it is a preown piece. if it is from shop, i will tell them i will authenticate it @ RSC. if any parts found not to be original, i will want a full refund and i make sure this clause is included in the receipt.

if the shop has nothing to hide, the shop will have no problems writing this clause. if the shop does not want to do it, then i dont deal. i once bought a 6694 bracelet from a shop in PPC and i told the shop that i will authenticate the bracelet @ RSC, if RSC says got problem i will want full refund. the shop owner brough it to another 'shop' to get the guy who is supposedly ex-rolex technician to check. that guy say no problem. the owner return to the shop and wrote the clause. i authenticate the bracelet and it turns out well.

to me, if you paying like more than 5k for a watch, the last thing u want is a non-original rolex watch and/or watch parts. so for 75 vs 5k, it is like 1.5% of the cost. for 1% of the price of the watch, i get a peace of mind.

no disrespect to any preown shops and any watch sellers. for me the risk is there, so in order to eliminate all doubts, i choose to verify
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                      1. subject heading indicating your issue
                      2. your nick
                      3. your corresponding email address
                      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

its $75... but if can try my luck by asking for a service quote(and save $75), why not?

hehehe...

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                          HAHAHA...BSK kor kor where have you been!

Preowned shops confirmed no need...

Individual buyers...well I verify myself...but prefer to deal at RSC there...
                          haha DA boss, nowadays i spend most of my time at the sales section camping for nice watches.. :P

the smaller preowned shops i abit no confidence leh.... only the reputable ones like PK(chop chop carrot ), WA then i got confidence...

self-verify? haha i not that level yet

thinking of getting an explorer for the missus... maybe F series and older will do, coz she might just get tired of it soon :P

Comment

Just bought a DJ watch from AK, is it neccesary to do a verification in RSC? Any advise? Thanks.....

Comment

Originally posted by jtws0904 View Post
                              Just bought a DJ watch from AK, is it neccesary to do a verification in RSC? Any advise? Thanks.....
                              Since you asked, I feel that means you are not sure, if you are not sure, have it verified.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X