Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which is the best band to go with rolex watch (sports mode only)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which is the best band to go with rolex watch (sports mode only)

just like to find out which type of band you like to wear your rolex watch (sports model only)

• original bracelet/leather
    • third party leather straps from strap makers
    • nato/zulu straps
    • rubber straps

like to hear opinions which type(s) you prefer and why.
    original bracelet/strap
    72.92%
    third party straps
    2.08%
    nato/zulu
    12.50%
    rubber
    12.50%
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

personally i like the original ss bracelet with the watch. it always gives a classic look.

sometimes i like to change with zulu straps. i prefer zulu straps compared to nato because it is thicker. initially i use normal zulu but lately i prefer leather zulu and i got ten10 to custom make some of them.

here is one with black leather nato with pvd ring

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
    2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

So far I like sports models on their stock bracelet...very comfortable and good for office or out. However I am itching to try distressed leather or Zulu/nato. But not confident of removing the bracelet without marring the lugs..

Comment

try using a bergeon 6825 tool with better quality tape on the lugs.

Originally posted by watchnut66 View Post
        So far I like sports models on their stock bracelet...very comfortable and good for office or out. However I am itching to try distressed leather or Zulu/nato. But not confident of removing the bracelet without marring the lugs..

kindly email with
        2. your nick

Comment

I will prefer it to be "at it is".

Comment

would like to hear reasons for using orignal bracelet and strap

kindly email with
            2. your nick

Comment

for the purposes of my reply, i am restricting the watches to the oyster cased watches.

most aftermarket straps are 20x18 or 20x20. the slimmer shape of the lugs for most older rolex watches don't look good on those straps.

they pair best with 20x16 straps, which are quite difficult to find (well made/value for money). other straps just look out of place, unless they have vertical designs (eg, bond nato, or contrast stitching) that make the strap appear thinner than they really are.

rolex straps are 20x16 but i think overpriced, and works best on a rolex deployment which is also very expensive and usually found in precious metals only.

as i own more older generation rolex watches, i think those look best on rolex bracelets. vintage tropic goes well in thickness and shape for both dress and sport models.

the newer versions with thicker lugs look good on 20x20 or 20x18 straps BUT... most straps are too thin, causing the watch to be top heavy, especially the full gold models.

the perfect strap are vintage isofrane (thinner than modern isofrane) and seems to match the lug's thickness/side profile very well. the new isofranes are a bit too thick when viewed from the side.

hirsch rubber straps lose their shape, especially at the extreme area of the curve/bulges, after a few years (and are not cheap to buy, to begin with). BC pure rubber straps are cheaper than hirsch but are thinner.

i think the best is to leave the current generation of watches on bracelet, because there is no "perfect" strap (if there is, it is subjective and i have not found mine).

and also, if you don't remove the bracelet, you won't scratch the back of the lugs...
              “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

I just prefer the watch to look as original as possible and it is nicer (to me). It also depends on how each individual wears the watch. Personally, I feel people with thick(er) wrists wears the softer straps nicer, so changing the watch to nato/leather straps will suit them no matter what. However, the bracelet will suit most other wearers, whether skinny or fat.
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I prefer original bracelets on sports models simply it looks best to me.

For vintage or 14060, a non tapered plain leather looks best to me.
                  Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                    would like to hear reasons for using orignal bracelet and strap
                    I have 2 rolex sport models. Wears them in original bracelet because:
                    1. the braclet is so well made and comfortable
                    2. I can wash the bracelet once a while to remove the dirt and sweat accumulated, making it shining like new after wash
                    3. I don't risk scratching the lugs

I have a Pam (1950 casing) that allows me to change straps easily. That I change strap regularly because:
                    1. it is so easy to change the straps without scratching the lugs
                    2. because I can change strap easily, the straps don't get too smelly or dirty cos I rotate them.
                    3. Pam is meant to play with different straps

Comment

I prefer the original too for 2 reasons:

1. Comfort/Look
                      2. Durability (More resistant against water/wear & tear etc)

Comment

def original, why would you change comething where a company invested tons of money in design to something else? Keep it original, that`s the way to go! Never change a winning team

Comment

you raise an interesting point here which was what i was waiting.

why is it that for panerai watches, the user can opt to keep changing straps even for those models that comes with bracelet and/or rubber straps. why is it not applicable to rolex? it does not seem common for asian to switch bracelets to NATO/ZULU straps but for others, they will experiment with rubber straps, nato/zulu straps, etc.

Originally posted by BAR_Honda View Post
                          3. Pam is meant to play with different straps

kindly email with
                          2. your nick

Comment

might be more fashionable, or at least historically relevant, for pams to be on straps than rolex...

i've got a few old pams that all don't have straps as i bought them that way a long time ago.

to wear them, i MUST buy a strap. mmmm... no thank you.

before the maxi-case rolex came out, the older cases do not look good with most aftermarket straps (20x18 or 20x20).

and 24mm straps were, admittedly, never off-the-shelf until the last 10 or so years... if you were making a custom strap (including straps for rolex watches), why not take a more unique/fashionable route?

the pam also seems designed for straps through their tube/screw/springbar design.

a rolex can be a pain to remove/install the bracelet without the right tool.

actually, even with the right tool it is a pain - just a lesser pain.
                            “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

I agree with taxico. Its the way the watch is designed for / meant for wearing.

Rolex only comes with its bracelet. That's it.

Pams comes with 2 straps (most of them) and strap/buckle change tool.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X