Metal detractor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal detractor

Hi guys can anyone advice weather if I need to pass through metal detractor many times a day due to work will it spoil my rolex sports watch.thanks

Any expert bros to advice thanks

Comment

i won't use the word spoil. however i would more likely to say it may affect the accuracy of your watch.

this is because metal detector works with magnetic field (IIRC), it is always advised not to place automatic watch near magnets or any devices that emit electromagnetic signals.

if you own the milgauss, then it won't be affected.

Originally posted by kelvin View Post
      Hi guys can anyone advice weather if I need to pass through metal detractor many times a day due to work will it spoil my rolex sports watch.thanks
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Thank you triton bro for your advice after hearing what you said I better don't wear my watch to work thanks

Comment

I am quite curious about that too :/ When you guys travel, do you wear it through the detector or into the x ray with your carryall? I presume both shouldn't magnetize the watch in any way right?

Comment

i think if you are going through a metal detector or getting wanded regularly (a few times every day), the chances of the watch getting magnetized is higher.

it doesn't mean it definitely will. it might (as triton has said).

but you can also magnetize ferrous metals by striking it accidentally... or doing something you might not think would magnetize stuff... but it's also not definite, just maybe.

i've never had problems x-raying my watches (at the gate in my carry-on) but i've had a problem once after some serious wanding in afghanistan (4 or 5 times back to back, watch was on my wrist).

i still wear my watch through the detector today, because there's no point worrying about such things - i prefer to enjoy wearing it than thinking about what might happen.

degaussing a watch is usually free, quick and easy. many watch shops overseas (since we're talking about travel) do it for free.
            “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X