Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad to hear that.

Originally posted by louie View Post
    buddy i hope you didnt discard the shipping boxes and the courier slips. Did you tell the police about the shipping weight is the same or close to the watch in the shipping boxes? This is a very strong point to prove the watch is the original watch the seller shipped...

I suggest you have the watch authenticated at RSC,cos you will need their papers. Bring along the police report to rsc and tell them what happened.
    Ya! bro louie.. agreed with your statement.

I was almost cheated of around S$1600( after exchange rate ) 1 year ago while buying some RC heli online. lucky i lost my patience and launch a fraud report first with Ebay and Paypal while the seller was buying his time to ask me to wait for the shipment. He gave me a shipping code to track but it was not coming to singapore and worst still was that the item with the tracking code came from a "bible book shop". Really A--hole seller ( Ang Moh ). I got the seller to pay me back all my monies and including the interest and exchange rate lost. Infact, paypal and ebay acted rather fast on that. Anyway, bro! may the force be with you ( get your monies back soon)

Comment

i would pursue the matter vigorously with paypal and ebay. the police report is a good start because it strengthens your case. i am sure this wasn't the first such scam and there must be ways for ebay/paypal to tell who is the guilty party.

i am not sure avoiding ebay or online sites is the lesson here. to me, it is a form of cheating if local sellers charges 30-40% more than they should. and i am sure scams happen in singapore as well. having said that, it makes sense to be extra careful when shopping online... nothing is more important than buying from reputable merchants or ebay sellers with a long history behind them.

Comment

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear your story about a watch deal gone bad. Sellers like this are scums!

I'm not to sure whether or not you have much recourse on this matter. This is my understanding of the process one needs to follow:

-submit a dispute claim through Paypal
        - Paypal will review the case by sending your complaint to the seller for response
        - Paypal will attempt to resolve with the seller the complaint you have lodged
        - Seller may choose to not comply (even more so if he's not a heavy seller on ebay)
        - Paypal will attempt to take back as much as possible from the account which you paypal'd the funds to. If this is empty.... this may be too late.

It's a lengthy process. Can't be sure if you can get anything back.

Good luck though.

Comment

The only best advice you can get... Louie pro sia...

May I know what is the seller name on ebay? Just wondering didnt you check the rating or something?

Originally posted by louie View Post
          buddy i hope you didnt discard the shipping boxes and the courier slips. Did you tell the police about the shipping weight is the same or close to the watch in the shipping boxes? This is a very strong point to prove the watch is the original watch the seller shipped...

I suggest you have the watch authenticated at RSC,cos you will need their papers. Bring along the police report to rsc and tell them what happened.

Comment

Amex is the best card in a dispute situation. Visa and Master can not help.
            For online transaction, I do recommend using Amex

Comment

Resolved!

Good day to all
              My dispute has finally been resolved. Justice has indeed prevailed this time.

I have received full refund on my purchase plus shipping cost.

I have learnt my lesson and will not shop for big ticket items online anymore. It is just not worth the ordeal, really.

Thank you all for the advice and support.

Note to kt2u:
              I don't know what's up with you, but do not make empty promises when you have no intention of helping. If you wanted to find out the seller's identity (probably to ensure that you are not bidding from the same seller), simply ask. Having a picture of your kid as your avatar does, at a subliminal level, have an implicit meaning that you would demonstrate a higher moral character in all your actions.

Comment

Originally posted by counterfeitrolex View Post
                Good day to all

I have learnt my lesson and will not shop for big ticket items online anymore. It is just not worth the ordeal, really.

Note to kt2u:
                I don't know what's up with you, but do not make empty promises when you have no intention of helping. If you wanted to find out the seller's identity (probably to ensure that you are not bidding from the same seller), simply ask. Having a picture of your kid as your avatar does, at a subliminal level, have an implicit meaning that you would demonstrate a higher moral character in all your actions.
                Great to know that you got what you deserve back!

Time to shop for one in Singapore!!

Comment

Refund from seller? Refund from paypal? Refund from creditcard?

Thanks!

Good day to all

Note to kt2u:

Comment

very glad that you got your money back.. I thought gone case liao..

Did you pm that guy to jeer him back.. you got a free watch free too!

Maybe you can report to rolex that he is selling a fake watch online, let him jialut jialut!

Comment

Hi

Originally posted by RTS View Post
                      very glad that you got your money back.. I thought gone case liao..

Did you pm that guy to jeer him back.. you got a free watch free too!

Maybe you can report to rolex that he is selling a fake watch online, let him jialut jialut!
                      Glad to know you got your money back
                      Focal JM_Labs .
                      "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
                      Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
                      Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
                      Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
                      Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
                      Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
                      Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
                      Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
                      Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
                      Cartier Santos 100XL
                      Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

Aftermath

Hi
                        The refund was by Paypal back to Citibank account. It does show they have a system for this but it's really not worth it. There are many horror stories out there about how Paypal was not helpful. I'm just glad it went my way.

Btw, Citibank never called until the morning I mentally decided to cancel all my Citi cards if they didn't call me by the end of the day. Someone called me that late morning and promised to do all he could. Then in the afternoon, I got email from Paypal that I'd get my money back.

Bro RTS, yes I did think of reporting to Rolex but couldn't find an avenue. Honestly, I was prepared to write to Obama if I lost the case. Not sure if it'd work but was willing to try anything.

But a full refund is letting off that arse too lightly. Any suggestions?

Comment

happy for you..that's good news!! initially, i thought you won't get your money back.
                          I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                          A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                          Audemars Piguet ROO
                          Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                          De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                          Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                          Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                          Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                          IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                          Panerai 270
                          Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                          Rolex 116610LV
                          Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

That's a good news indeed... but I am not sure why paypal is liable for such transaction? Should be Ebay be responsible to ensure no fake goods to be sold in their site???

Comment

Hi
                              The refund was by Paypal back to Citibank account. It does show they have a system for this but it's really not worth it. There are many horror stories out there about how Paypal was not helpful. I'm just glad it went my way.

Btw, Citibank never called until the morning I mentally decided to cancel all my Citi cards if they didn't call me by the end of the day. Someone called me that late morning and promised to do all he could. Then in the afternoon, I got email from Paypal that I'd get my money back.

Bro RTS, yes I did think of reporting to Rolex but couldn't find an avenue. Honestly, I was prepared to write to Obama if I lost the case. Not sure if it'd work but was willing to try anything.

Great to hear that you got your monies back! Now you understand why the auction site is also known as eprey, fleabay etc...
                              "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                              three times is enemy action and
                              over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                              ."

Comment

Hi

Bro! Your persistent and perseverance pays. Really Happy for you. Afterall, there are justice.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X