Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victim of Ebay Seller Fraud

Hi to all
    I recently bought a Rolex Sea Dweller from Ebay. The seller is from the States. I bought the watch based on the seller's words that it was a 100% genuine Rolex and Paypal's Buyer Protection Policy. By the way, I'm new to the Ebay scene.

The watch turned out to be a counterfeit, albeit a good fake. I'm currently pursuing the matter with Paypal. I've already escalated the case to a Claim. But to date, Paypal hasn't even contacted me for any document or proof.

Looking back, I feel really silly. It was really a case of following the heart. There were tell tale signs such as the blur pictures and no close-up shots of the watch. But then I followed my heart and threw all caution to the wind, with the Paypal Buyer Protection as my main driving force, and went ahead to bid and pay for it, seeking an honest deal.

Well, now that I checked it's a fake, I realised that I didn't think through the deal through properly. The seller insists that he sent me a real one and is accusing me of switching the watch. But at the same time, he's avoiding some of my questions about the watch.

It feels ****ty to be cheated of the money and at the same time be accused of being a scammer. I've learnt my lesson now. Hope everyone can benefit from my case.

At the same time, I'm wondering if anyone can give me pointers to strengthen my case to get back my money from Paypal. My credit card bank, Citibank, has refused to help. Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by counterfeitrolex View Post
    Hi to all
    I recently bought a Rolex Sea Dweller from Ebay. The seller is from the States. I bought the watch based on the seller's words that it was a 100% genuine Rolex and Paypal's Buyer Protection Policy. By the way, I'm new to the Ebay scene.

The watch turned out to be a counterfeit, albeit a good fake. I'm currently pursuing the matter with Paypal. I've already escalated the case to a Claim. But to date, Paypal hasn't even contacted me for any document or proof.

Looking back, I feel really silly. It was really a case of following the heart. There were tell tale signs such as the blur pictures and no close-up shots of the watch. But then I followed my heart and threw all caution to the wind, with the Paypal Buyer Protection as my main driving force, and went ahead to bid and pay for it, seeking an honest deal.

Well, now that I checked it's a fake, I realised that I didn't think through the deal through properly. The seller insists that he sent me a real one and is accusing me of switching the watch. But at the same time, he's avoiding some of my questions about the watch.

It feels ****ty to be cheated of the money and at the same time be accused of being a scammer. I've learnt my lesson now. Hope everyone can benefit from my case.

At the same time, I'm wondering if anyone can give me pointers to strengthen my case to get back my money from Paypal. My credit card bank, Citibank, has refused to help. Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks in advance.
    sorry to hear this, bro. to be honest, i doubt you're going to get your money back because the seller indeed shipped a watch to you (though it's fake).
    I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
    A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
    Audemars Piguet ROO
    Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
    De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
    Habring2 Pilot Time Date
    Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
    Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
    IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
    Panerai 270
    Patek Philippe 5711/1a
    Rolex 116610LV
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

One hand pass money, one hand pass goods.... basic theory of buying something...

Comment

u parted with a few thousands $$ just by looking at the pics?

Comment

sad to hear that...you may need to consult a lawyer on this matter...

Comment

if credit card funded, you call your bank, revoke the charge, and let your bank deal with paypal/scum
            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
            Blue 6694
            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Asking Citibank to Revoke Transaction

Hi bro Seiko.citizen
              I tried to get Citibank to revoke the transaction but they refused, saying the transaction can only be revoked if it was fraudently instructed by someone else but me. So, since i authorised the transaction, Citibank doesn;t wanna help.

I surprised Citibank is taking such a hands off approach. I would expect that of a local bank but not of a big international bank like Citibank.

Someone told me this happened to him once. However, his credit card issuer, Amex, helped him all the way to get back his money.

Any experience on this?

Right now, i can only do this

Comment

I am sorry to hear your situation, that is why i never buy things online when it is above 1000. i would suggest that you make a police report, printing the the site, any communication aka email correspondence. the delivery box and items and paper work. with that, head down to the main branch and request to see a person rather than do it on phone.

if they do not take up the case to help you, then cancel their card and complain to CASE. however, chances of you recovering the money is not that high considering that goods delivered, money transacted.

did the seller claim that the watch is authentic in print or email, etc. information such as these will help.

anyway it is a painful lesson to learn. honestly, as mentioned, seller will say an original was sent. cause there is no way to verify otherwise.
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                2. your nick
                3. your corresponding email address
                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

i am sad to say but its gg to be hard to get back your hard earned money.

Thats why i nvr buy such exp stuff via ebay..have to face to face

all the best and hope something good turns out for you.
                  I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Hi

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                    i am sad to say but its gg to be hard to get back your hard earned money.

Thats why i nvr buy such exp stuff via ebay..have to face to face

all the best and hope something good turns out for you.
                    Hi bro, I remember 1 of our bro here kena a case similar to yours not too long ago , in the end got back his money , maybe you wanna read the tread and see what you can do .
                    Hope everything turns out well for you .
                    Focal JM_Labs .
                    "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
                    Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
                    Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
                    Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
                    Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
                    Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
                    Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
                    Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
                    Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
                    Cartier Santos 100XL
                    Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

sorry to hear about your misfortune. this hobby of ours is really too bewitching!
                      i have heard about how unhelpful ebay/ paypal (I think you cannot even put up a -ive review now) may be but i am surprised to hear that your bank's taking a hands-off approach...*note to self - avoid....*
                      "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                      three times is enemy action and
                      over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                      ."

Comment

sorry to hear that. good luck with paypal claim. i believe they have a singapore paypal line: 6510-4650. give them a call to get a status update.

Comment

From info given, it is a clear-cut cheating case. As suggested, retrieve all relevant docs and lodge a Police report immediately. Do update us on development and outcome.

Tx for sharing in first place.
                          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I think your chances are slim in getting back your payment.

Ask your lawyer to stop the payment, if possible.

My views for EBAY stuffs.... if its not more then 300 bucks, else might as well get it here in Singapore.

Good luck
                            Every Rolex tells a story

Comment

Still Waiting For Paypal

Hi all bros
                              Thanks for the advice.

I'm not sure if a police report would help, since this is an overseas seller? But I guess it will help with my documentation.

As I see it, Citibank is in the best position to help me. But I'm just so disappointed with their stance so far. But the Call Centre staff are only following the rules. I'm trying to contact someone who has the power to make decisions. Anyone knows the relevant personnel?

Bro Brabus mentioned that there is a similar thread not long ago. Anybody knows the link? I will trawl the site myself also.

Well, once bitten twice shy, not gonna touch ebay for such pricey sales anymore. Only my thrid transaction and this happens.

Really hope justice prevails.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X