Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collective model for Sea Dweller?

Hi,

I am new on rolex. Anyone there can advised as i was told that sea dweller have been discontinued?So which model will be collective model to buy?Manyt thanks!

Many will tell you the 16600 is very collectible.I beg to differ.They are still easy to find, and plenty can be found in the SG-ROC market itself.To me, its the early model 1665 with the small HEV that are the ones to go for.

Thay are hard to find, so its a nice challenge to get yr hands on one.

Cheers,P.

Comment

I second that!!!
      Every Rolex tells a story

Comment

it depends on how we define 'collectible'. i think many say it is collectible may be true to a certain extent. because we all know that when an item is discontinued, it means production has stopped. we never know when demand will far exceed availablity of stocks available. everyone is predicting and trying to sell their watches higher through such marketing talk. but we wont know right?

just like back in 70, how many would have predicted that the double red will be such a big hit.

for those who want to read up a little more, this article may shed more light.

Originally posted by problmchylde View Post
        Many will tell you the 16600 is very collectible.I beg to differ.They are still easy to find, and plenty can be found in the SG-ROC market itself.To me, its the early model 1665 with the small HEV that are the ones to go for.

Thay are hard to find, so its a nice challenge to get yr hands on one.

Cheers,P.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

To predict or determine a model to be collectible is not that straight forward. Take the Explorer II 1655 (the one with the Orange 24 hour dial) as a case in point.

It was not a popular model during its production run. The dial was considered to be cluttered and non-legible. But now look at the market price for this model...it's shooting for the moon!

Comment

Originally posted by ejaan View Post
            To predict or determine a model to be collectible is not that straight forward. Take the Explorer II 1655 (the one with the Orange 24 hour dial) as a case in point.

It was not a popular model during its production run. The dial was considered to be cluttered and non-legible. But now look at the market price for this model...it's shooting for the moon!
            Agree with that. As this model has juz discontinued, there are still plenty around, as time passes, you will see lesser and lesser in the market. In 5, 10 to 20 years time, we will see the result. Time will tell.
            Current

Rolex DSSD
            Rolex SD
            Pam 162
            Pam 351
            Tudor Hydronaut
            Fortis 24hrs Automatic
            Seiko Sumo Automatic

Comment

Originally posted by ejaan View Post

Moral of the story? Buy ugly n weird watches to keep... because someday...some siao person will buy

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by honda8899 View Post
                Hi,

I am new on rolex. Anyone there can advised as i was told that sea dweller have been discontinued?So which model will be collective model to buy?Manyt thanks!
                the sea dweller aka SD is discontinued but don't count on it as being a collectible piece just yet, at least not for the next 2 decades IMHO. Their production run was just too long and the numbers in the market were far too many to push it into the collectible status. So if u are interested in getting one, purchase it solely because u like the watch and u would not be disappointed with whatever developments the future beholds. As for which Rolex model is collectible, none in the current line-up IMO.
                HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THOSE WHO
                REALIZE THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT WAY.

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

Comment

i like the watch a lot, but prices now are crazy.

Just the other day when I was talking to my AD, he told me that theres still a lot of BNIB V,M series aroud. If I want he can help me find from other ADs.

got a shock that still have. Might be that some ADs are stashing stocks for a while jut like when they stash stocks for the LV during its initial release. Anyway, me no money now so never ask price.

anyway, ya, within the next few years, theres no way this piece will be highly sought after. Most prob a few decades from now (I might be long gone by then )

since cash is king, i would say, wait it out till the demand falls. Price will def fall. Look at it this way, prices for series in D, F, etc were being priced between 6.5-7k a month or 2 back. Look at their supply and prices now within just a span of 2 months.

moral: for models other than V and M, price will continue to fall in the next few years due to the lare supply. Wait if you can hold on. Else, just get it if you like it as 6k or below at the moment is still a good price
                  I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

I would say that's very sound advice...

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                    Moral of the story? Buy ugly n weird watches to keep... because someday...some siao person will buy
                    I second this. Buy what you like...you'd be least likely to be disappointed.

Originally posted by Taurus75 View Post
                    So if u are interested in getting one, purchase it solely because u like the watch and u would not be disappointed with whatever developments the future beholds.

Comment

Prices in the US for SDs seem to have soften already.

seen 2-3 being priced in a forum at about 5.5k SGD inclusive of shipping after convertion based on 1.55SGD per 1 USD. (2 still available with no one rushing to take up the offer).

A pity that its too far and the difference in pricing after factoring the risk of getting from there is not worth it.

Anyway, the above info is just fyi on how much diff 1-2 months had done to the prices of preowned SDs in the mkt. Hence, the morale is as stated, buy only if you really like the SD and not hoping that prices will rocket just cos it got discontinued recently.

time for me to save up for an other watch haha....
                      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X