Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex market value..

hi everybody,iam new here...
    just want to ask gurus here if i want to sell my rolex at a higher price,should i keep it for a longer period of time then sell or sell it asap...
    actually,my financial is very tight now and iam thinking of selling off my computer dial(78274) Y series rolex ..
    anybody knows what is the rough market value now??
    advise is greatly appreciated...

For datejust...price dun fluctuate much. sell now sell later no diff. It's only the price u want to sell.

Diamond dial? or normal dial?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

with 10 diamonds and cert..
      afraid i will kena carrot if sell off at too low price..

Comment

Darkie, this is not personal attack huh...

I don't agree with you... if you sell now, price is much lower that 2 years before... maybe bro z27ag can only managed to get around $5k+ with today's recession market... stock market starts to drop again.... sianz....

If z27ag tries to sell it when market is good, maybe he/she can fetch $6k+

even if z27ag want to sell now, not many dealers want to keep stock for datejust, so z27ag may only be able to sell it here....

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
        For datejust...price dun fluctuate much. sell now sell later no diff. It's only the price u want to sell.

Diamond dial? or normal dial?

Comment

watch selling price may be dependent on the following situation

1) sellling of watches depends on original buying price also.
          2) selling of watches also depends on how quickly seller wants to get rid of the watch
          3) selling of watches also depends on demand and supply
          4) selling of watches also depends on economic situation.

both Darkangel and 116520 are correct. i guess what Darkangel is trying to say is that DJ models are not so sceptical to major shift in pricing compared to some rolex sports models such as those double red....orange indicator on explorer II.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

yes yes... for datejust, price is always not very good but at least better than some other brands...

those double red....orange indicator can make you rich......

try posting it here, z27ag, I think yours with diamonds can be sold off easier, depending on how much you want.... if price is good, darkie will buy from you. He love bling bling

Originally posted by triton View Post
            watch selling price may be dependent on the following situation

1) sellling of watches depends on original buying price also.
            2) selling of watches also depends on how quickly seller wants to get rid of the watch
            3) selling of watches also depends on demand and supply
            4) selling of watches also depends on economic situation.

both Darkangel and 116520 are correct. i guess what Darkangel is trying to say is that DJ models are not so sceptical to major shift in pricing compared to some rolex sports models such as those double red....orange indicator on explorer II.

Comment

can i check with u guys is it possible to sell a rolex at a higher price than u bought brand new??
              personally i think it is possible because the price for rolex keep increasing,and when people have budget,they will look for 2nd hand ones...am i right to say this??

Comment

yes... depending on which model...

My dad's 6263 worth much more than what he had paid for....

My dad bought me a datejust (my first rolex) about 20 years ago for around $2k+, a dealer offered me $2k when I was buying a watch from him....

Originally posted by z27ag View Post
                can i check with u guys is it possible to sell a rolex at a higher price than u bought brand new??
                personally i think it is possible because the price for rolex keep increasing,and when people have budget,they will look for 2nd hand ones...am i right to say this??

Comment

It is possible. It just a matter of time. 20 - 30 years maybe? Factor in the inflation then not much different. Above is my point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by sagara View Post
                    It is possible. It just a matter of time. 20 - 30 years maybe? Factor in the inflation then not much different. Above is my point of view.

agree on the inflation part....unles.....................u have super rare ones?
                    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

yes and no. to the average person who does not do much research, can sell @ possible higher than your purchase price. but to a person who does research and monitor prices, abit hard. cause each rolex is has a production code aka W, Y, Z, M, etc. so if you search the internet, you can find out when the watch was produced. then based on current list price, can work backwards the price increase, this is because price increase is pretty standard over the years. discount is also about the same + - the region, so can roughly work out the prices.

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                      1. subject heading indicating your issue
                      2. your nick
                      3. your corresponding email address
                      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X