Rolex centre verification fee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex centre verification fee

Hi, search in the forum but can't find, anyone know how much is the verification fee now in Rolex centre? Is the fee still $107 or increase?

Thank you.

Still $107 inclusive of GST.

Comment

Originally posted by parchiao View Post
      Still $107 inclusive of GST.
      Thank bro, appreciate the fast reply

Comment

u might want to know that there were horror stories from some forumers about watches being returned with scratches...
        elusive

Comment

Originally posted by satch View Post
          u might want to know that there were horror stories from some forumers about watches being returned with scratches...
          Watches are meant to be worn and if utilized properly, will always show eventually. Those people who shared their horror stories should not get so hung over the inevitable. If they want to keep in brand new condition, they should buy from an AD and put into safe deposit box. Some will then come up with other reasons e.g. watch will spoil if not wound constantly. The reasons will be never ending.

Comment

How long do the verification process take?

Any chance of watch movement being affected as a result of them dismantling to verify?

Comment

Originally posted by Yan7 View Post
              How long do the verification process take?

Any chance of watch movement being affected as a result of them dismantling to verify?
              Mine took almost 4 hours, and I was second in the queue. Best not to wait around. No comment about movement affected, I would not be able to tell.

Comment

Mine took almost 4 hours, and I was second in the queue. Best not to wait around. No comment about movement affected, I would not be able to tell.
                50% chance you will have scratches, especially on the lugs because they remove and put back the bracelet in double quick time.

there is no more on the spot verification, they will call you when it is ready. sometime later in the evening or the next day.

Comment

Watches are meant to be worn and if utilized properly, will always show eventually. Those people who shared their horror stories should not get so hung over the inevitable. If they want to keep in brand new condition, they should buy from an AD and put into safe deposit box. Some will then come up with other reasons e.g. watch will spoil if not wound constantly. The reasons will be never ending.
                  At least for me, there's a difference between someone else inflicting scratches on my watch and having wear and tear attributable to own usage, just don't feel good.
                  Last edited by satch; 04-02-15, 07:45 PM. Reason: Correct typo
                  elusive

Comment

I would suggest you save the $107.

Just go to any watch reseller, strike up a conversation and ask them to help you verify. All they need to do is pop open the caseback to inspect the movement. Won't even take you 3 minutes and if you are lucky, it'll be FOC.

I've done it many times already

Comment

rsc used to be a good option .. but now the waiting time is horrible... still its nice to sit there once in a while to watch drama between customer and the counter aunties

Comment

Cool... Thank for all this useful information and feedback... Anyway the watch I looking is pending for sale, I'm too slow haha... Do let me know if anyway selling 116710blnr batman...

Comment

Originally posted by taku View Post
                          Cool... Thank for all this useful information and feedback... Anyway the watch I looking is pending for sale, I'm too slow haha... Do let me know if anyway selling 116710blnr batman...
                          No worries will be more in this forum, keep a look up lol..

Comment

hi guys, sorry for hijacking thread.

So is the rough waiting time 4hours jez to verify a watch?
                            Is there any faster alternative for a genuine verification

How does this work. Do ppl who guy from 2nd hand shops, usually bring it for verification prior buying? or most likely seller would not allow?

Comment

The duration to verify a watch at the ROLEX Service Centre (RSC) is dependent on the queue on that day. It can be as fast as within one to two hours, or as long as a whole working day. It is better to do it shortly after the RSC opens.

Faster alternative will be at other watch shops such as JW Watch, Chuan Watch, Top Hour, etc. But I'm not sure if all of them provide this service and the exact price each charge. Better to call before you proceed.

Whether you want to verify a watch purchased from a second-hand shop or not is up to you. No right or wrong. It is how comfortable you are with the purchase.

From my personal encounters, most, if not all of these shops do allow you to verify a watch but only after you make the purchase. Within reasonable time, if the watch's authenticity has discrepancy, you can return to the shop and seek a refund or whatever has been agreed during the purchase.

It is best to communicate with the seller/shop when you make the purchase so there's no misunderstanding.

Good luck
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X