incident - rolex watch indicated as stolen by RSC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chiu_peow View Post
    If I report the watch stolen in Singapore police, I take the police report to RSC. Someone takes the watch to RSC, will RSC retain the watch and contact me?

Can some expert advise me please.
    Yes, the RSC has to. But not to contact you directly though. Once a Police report is made, they are supposed to contact the Investigation Officer (IO) in charge. Correctly, it'll be the IO who should contact you to identify (ID) the watch at RSC together. Once you have positively ID the watch, the IO shall seize the watch as a 'case exhibit' (since it is an item involved in a crime of theft/robbery/murder, etc) from RSC and issue them an acknowledgement form.

The IO shall, from there, continue with the investigation to trace the person who had handed over the watch to RSC for follow up.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      RSC HAS TO hold on to the watch until the authorities are notified and hand it over to them. Failing which, and investigation subsequently surfaces that the watch did 'pass thru' RSC and despite having record that the watch is "crime-related item", they will be summoned to Court to explain why they have failed detect it and allow it to pass thru' them and continue to remain "unfound". If RSC cannot provide a satisfactory explanation, the Police/Court may consider legal action against them. Again, highly unlikely, but not impossible.
      Agree on this point. How can a big organization like RSC let go of a purportedly stolen goods without doing any thing? Any legal person here who can advise us this logic?

Comment

One thing I don't understand,

"he has since contacted the seller and the seller will be refunding him the money upon receiving the watch."

If the watch retained by RSC how can the seller get back the watch and give buyer a refund?

Comment

the watch was not retained by RSC.

Originally posted by guaibebe View Post
          One thing I don't understand,

"he has since contacted the seller and the seller will be refunding him the money upon receiving the watch."

If the watch retained by RSC how can the seller get back the watch and give buyer a refund?
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

RSC will only retain the watch if they receive instructions from the Police.

Comment

The watch in the first place is reported stolen overseas not locally. Therefore right thing RSC sg should do is to politely returned the watch to owners(to wait for further instuction from rolex HQ Geneve, meanwhile they will take your particulars down and photocopy the invoice where you purchase the watch). To me, RSC has no rights to retain your watch unless RSC has enough evidence to prove otherwise.There is always a risk to purchase 2nd hand watch. This is one of them. Purchase luxury watch from reputable 2nd hand shop who follows strict guidelines even if it cost a bit higher as they will offer full refund if it is not authentic or stolen.

Comment

So with all our discussions on this matter, and reference to this case:

http://www.sgrolexclub.com/threads/1...ore-got-robbed

If a ROLEX watch, during verification at the RSC, is found to be one of the pieces involved in the above robbery at the ROLEX store, should RSC hold on to the watch. Or should they return it to the owner/customer?
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Great123 View Post
                  The watch in the first place is reported stolen overseas not locally. Therefore right thing RSC sg should do is to politely returned the watch to owners(to wait for further instuction from rolex HQ Geneve, meanwhile they will take your particulars down and photocopy the invoice where you purchase the watch). To me, RSC has no rights to retain your watch unless RSC has enough evidence to prove otherwise.There is always a risk to purchase 2nd hand watch. This is one of them. Purchase luxury watch from reputable 2nd hand shop who follows strict guidelines even if it cost a bit higher as they will offer full refund if it is not authentic or stolen.
                  I agree with the comment above and this is what I have been saying from the start.

RSC has no right to retain any watch unless our Singapore Police Force gave RSC specific written instructions to retain the watches.

However I doubt very much the US police will inform our Singapore Police about this case. For cross border corporations are usually targeted at terrorist, money laundering, drugs or organised crime groups. Too busy to deal with missing Rolex watches.

The US watch dealer will claim from their insurance and bought a new batch from Rolex to sell by now.
                  They won't bother tracking down the missing watches since they are covered by insurance.
                  My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
                  1) WG DIA 18239
                  2) YG DIA 18238
                  3) WG 18239
                  4) YG 18238
                  5) YG 18248G Bark
                  6) WG DIA 18039
                  7) WG 18039
                  8) YG 18038
                  9) Tridor DIA 18039B
                  10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
                  11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)