Rolex warranty 2 year vs 5 years warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex warranty 2 year vs 5 years warranty

many times this question always pop up - what do you look out for when buying new/pre-own rolex from private/gray sellers or from pre-own shop. since 2010 rolex decided to abandon the alphabet series naming convention to alphanumeric.

recently rolex just made it tougher for end consumers to purchase new/pre-own rolexes. with alphanumeric naming convention,one cannot be certain when the watch was first OFFICIALLY bought from an AD without the original receipt.

now with the introduction of 5 year warranty tag, if a seller can get hold of the new 5 year warranty tag and pair it with a pre-own watch bought in 2011 and pass it off as a 2015 preown watch especially if the warranty card is un-dated. an unsuspecting consumer may have inadvertently possibly pay a higher price for the watch for a older watch.

as such, for end consumers i would suggest that you practice due diligence.

below is a screen shot of a conversation between a forum member and myself after i told him about the new rolex 5 year warranty tag.

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

All i know is that , i wont buy a new Rolex.

The pre alphanemeric are, to me, better built, hardier, nicer and more classy.

The newly launched Rolexes are a joke.
    All the way from pearlmaster to yachtmaster to the latest daytonas.
    Just feeding the market for profits.
    There is no need for Rolex to do what AP does.
    Pwui!

A true Rolex will never need any warranty.
    It is to be so well made when it leaves the factory, it will run under tremendous pressure at least for the next ten years.

Comment

I concur, Rolex are built to last even under extreme usage unless subject to ridiculous "abuse".

I hv yet to experience any major repair on all my post or current collection, some dated 1960s.

The Alphanurmeric serial seem to deter or make Rolex watches records/details "untraceable" for reasons only known to them. Rolex has never acknowledge most, if not all, informations we found online about Rolex.

Hving said, end users like us hv to practice due diligence be it buying/selling Rolexes even in daily life aspects.

My two cents view

Comment

i guess the best way is to authenticate at RSC to make sure it is really the 5 years warranty

from my purchase experience, rolex keys in certain details at the time of purchase, so the purchase date is officially recorded in their system, whether the warranty card is undated, named or not is irrelevant.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
        Working...
        X