Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello everyone! need your suggestion on my first Rolex :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone! need your suggestion on my first Rolex :)

Hi all, I have decided to reward myself with a Rolex for my 29th birthday present this upcoming July..
    I have researched into several kind of models for about a year and it comes to these 2 beautiful watches which I have hard time to choose:
    Datejust 2 116300 Blue Dial with Baton Index vs Submariner no Date 114060

The reason why I like Datejust 2 is because I usually wear watches that show date, and I love the simplicity of the polished metal bezel with the stunning blue dial. it is simple, elegant, and quite versatile to match with any outfit. I have been craving for this watch for almost a year.

Problem is, last month I went to local AD, and I stumbled into the legendary Sub C no Date.
    I didn't like it at first because i thought the watch is too commonly replicated, and It is a bit too 'showy' for my personality. But after I studied it further, apparently this watch has very great review from almost everyone, and can hold its value quite well compared to Datejust 2. Furthermore this watch has historical value for me because I'm a great James Bond fan (Sean Connery era).

Sorry for the long post.

Bottom line, I need your help to highlight the pros and cons of each watches (e.g. is the Datejust 2 bezel more prone to scratches compared to Sub C?) for me to pull the trigger

and please don't advise me to get another watch model

many thanks for your time and attention!

is it for keeps or you have intention to sell/trade later.

if it is for keeps, go with your heart.

if it is meant for sell/trade in future, the safer option is sub no date.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
      is it for keeps or you have intention to sell/trade later.

if it is for keeps, go with your heart.

if it is meant for sell/trade in future, the safer option is sub no date.
      Thank you for your input.
      As this will be my first "real" watch, I think I will keep it for as long as I could.

my indecisive heart says 60% DJ2 and 40% Sub

Comment

Wow..congrats in avd!your age almost same as me.between this 2 model,I'll get submariner.After future,if really no choice need date then just upgrade to sub with date.
        Owned
        Seiko The Great Blue Chrono
        Rolex DateJust
        Rolex 116710LN G,AN
        Rolex 16710BLRO
        Rolex 116710 BLNR
        Rolex 14060
        Rolex 14060m
        Rolex 16610LN
        Rolex 116610LV
        Rolex 16610LV
        Rolex DSSD 116660
        IWC 3777 schaff chronograph
        Tag Heuer Carrera M.wind
        Montblanc Timewalker
        Bell & Ross BR01
        Invicta black chronograph
        Deutsche Master m.winding
        Pam233
        Pam104
        Pam359
        Pam372
        Pam024N
        Pam632s
        Mido GMT baroncelli
        Omega speedmaster ck2998
        Gshock Alti-Thermo
        Gshock G'Mix
        Gshock Gw9400BJ

Comment

aiyo... TS already said don't give him ideas for another watch model

IMO, if it has been the DJII you have been wanting for a long time, it makes more sense to get it now that you are able to. The Sub somehow, came along halfway in your pursuit of a ROLEX watch, and though it may sound more decent to have, it is still the DJII you are eyeing for.

After all these discussions, you may eventually settle for a Sub, but deep down, you will always look back at the DJII and hope that you can still own it one day.

As Triton has said, go with your heart.

Good luck
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Sub C no Date...can't go wrong

Comment

Since you're asking for advice from people, I can say you'd take other people views into account. Well, here's something unorthodox.

When I see people wearing Rolex with a peeking cyclops and no diver's bezel, I always look at him as a mature guy. In a good way. Classy, elegant, and exactly knows what he wants despite what people say which Rolex you should heavily consider.

A Submariner, boy I gotta say this piece is timeless. I will look at you and assume you're going places. From a black tie event, to recreational diving on a boat. You will like it now and in a decade or two, you will look at it and will still love it.

I couldn't agree more, pick the one you want. The one you actually want, and build history with it.
              The Lannisters send their regards.

Comment

Originally posted by radenferdy View Post
                Since you're asking for advice from people, I can say you'd take other people views into account. Well, here's something unorthodox.

When I see people wearing Rolex with a peeking cyclops and no diver's bezel, I always look at him as a mature guy. In a good way. Classy, elegant, and exactly knows what he wants despite what people say which Rolex you should heavily consider.

A Submariner, boy I gotta say this piece is timeless. I will look at you and assume you're going places. From a black tie event, to recreational diving on a boat. You will like it now and in a decade or two, you will look at it and will still love it.

I couldn't agree more, pick the one you want. The one you actually want, and build history with it.
                Couldn't agree more with you Sir.. well said!

Comment

Perhaps it's very subjective but I prefer DJ with fluted bezel.

My view is that sub is timeless and classic with good value retention I.e. gives you a choice to switch watch if you want to.

My 1st rolex watch started unexpectedly with a sub and I haven't look back since. So glad that I was convinced to buy a sub when I thought I would want another model then.

Comment

I guess everyone has their very own unique taste. Just go with your heart. For me, it is explorer 2 love at first sight. Never regret getting it.
                    Rolex Explorer II 216570 - 24 Aug 2014
                    Seiko Criteria Cal 7T92 Model SNDF65P1 Limited Edition - 30 Aug 2014
                    Armani Exchange AX2500 - 25 Jan 2015
                    Tudor Black Bay GMT Reference: M79830RB-0001 - 16 Sept 2018

Comment

If you are someone who needs a date watch (like me), better you go for the DJII.
                      I've owned a Daytona in the past but no matter how much I loved the watch, I couldn't live with it for long because of the no-date function.

Comment

it's a no brainer choice..

sub c no date is the choice you should get..
                        HOME THEATERPHILE

MY HUMBLE COLLECTION
                        ROLEX SUBMARINER 116613LBD 8 POINT DIAMOND DIAL "G" SERIAL
                        Rolex Submariner TT 16613LN "s" series<<<[TRADED]
                        Rolex Datejust 1601 "5 mil" series<<<[SOLD]
                        Breitling Sirius Automatic 18K/SS B10071<<<[SOLD]
                        TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Date CV2010
                        G-Shock mudman g9300 ( daily beater )

HER'S
                        Rolex ladies datejust
                        vintage Cartier tank 18k
                        TAG Heuer Formula 1 ceramic diamonds

Comment

Between this 2 I guess sub is a better option.

For u I think getting the djII u will not regret coz as u had said, u already eyeing it for almost a year. Now u r able to own it y wan to go for other models? Ur heart is still with djII even after u get the sub.
                          My opinion is go with ur heart, get the djII n if u really like the sub, save up n get that as well. No regrets for both.

Comment

Go for Sub, safer!

Comment

Definitely the sub. It's the most iconic model plus it's easily noticeable as a Rolex. The date just at a certain angle it doesn't look like a Rolex unless someone takes a closer look or stares at it otherwise it looks like any normal watch. Sub on the other hand screams Rolex from far. The no date looks bad ass to me. Can easily go well with any attire. If you're a adventure type of guy then you can always hook on a NATO strap and it will still look as solid. Since you're comparing both I assume price are around the same then go for the sub man. Easier to sell or trade in also In case u wanna upgrade in future cos that's the model everyone wants.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X