Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello everyone! need your suggestion on my first Rolex :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DannyRage View Post
    Definitely the sub. It's the most iconic model plus it's easily noticeable as a Rolex. The date just at a certain angle it doesn't look like a Rolex unless someone takes a closer look or stares at it otherwise it looks like any normal watch. Sub on the other hand screams Rolex from far. The no date looks bad ass to me. Can easily go well with any attire. If you're a adventure type of guy then you can always hook on a NATO strap and it will still look as solid. Since you're comparing both I assume price are around the same then go for the sub man. Easier to sell or trade in also In case u wanna upgrade in future cos that's the model everyone wants.
    Sub with the iconic bezel, Datejust fluted bezel, and cyclops are among the most Rolex a Rolex could ever be. Which is why is the most copied design by other watch brands.
    The Lannisters send their regards.

Comment

i have a sub with date, and if date is important to you, i would suggest go for the date model, don't compromise on the sub no-date because you might regret it later and need to change again.

Comment

i would go for sub date as well.

Comment

Originally posted by radenferdy View Post
          Since you're asking for advice from people, I can say you'd take other people views into account. Well, here's something unorthodox.

When I see people wearing Rolex with a peeking cyclops and no diver's bezel, I always look at him as a mature guy. In a good way. Classy, elegant, and exactly knows what he wants despite what people say which Rolex you should heavily consider.

A Submariner, boy I gotta say this piece is timeless. I will look at you and assume you're going places. From a black tie event, to recreational diving on a boat. You will like it now and in a decade or two, you will look at it and will still love it.

I couldn't agree more, pick the one you want. The one you actually want, and build history with it.
          Totally agreed with you. I have bought DJ2 2 tone with black dial gold roman. I sold it because i need money that time and i really miss that watch. Currently, i almost want to buy GMT2 Batman which a lot of my friends said is very nice watch and a lot people wear it. I saw it people wear it very nice as well. But when say new DJ41mm blue dial, i straight away falling in love and forget about GMT2 Batman. So really is your preference so you don't regret it. Future still can buy for value keeping like submariners or daytona.

Comment

First of all, happy upcoming birthday! Secondly, congratulations on your decision to buy a Rolex!

But, it really makes little sense to ask other people for advise on which watch to get. The short answer is "whichever you like more"!

One thing is for sure: the sub-C is bigger and thicker and wears larger; if you have a small wrist (<6.5 inch), it may not look as good in real life, imo. The DJ is certainly more versatile as a watch and the blue dial is indeed something that stands out from the crowd. (I mean, "everybody" has a black sub, so to speak!). In terms of re-selling, sub will sell easier, but DJ won't be a tough sell either. Just a bit smaller market.

They are both great watches though. Whichever you choose, you can't go wrong!

Comment

go with the heart. you dont wanna plunge into 1 that will regret or wanna change later.

my 1st watch (a pam) was a rash purchase. shortly a couple of months, i was looking to change.

when i got my 1st rolex, the Sub, no regrets at all. and the best part was i find myself looking lesser elsewhere for a "mistress" and admiring it more. 1 year later, i still can look at it as if it was my 1st love.

as a 1st rolex purchase, go for something that's significant to mark this milestone.

secondly, looking at your wristshot, the DJ2 def looks better.

Comment

get both as double firsts!

Comment

when I buy watches I like to look at them and whichever makes my heart flutters more that will be the piece.

Comment

Comment

Prefer the blue one

Comment

nice

Comment

I would buy the Sub if I were you...

choice is obvious for me.

Comment

hi am new here

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop