RSC : Changing dial and Bazel insert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSC : Changing dial and Bazel insert

I have done some research online and have found post that are dated back to 2008-2014 of submariners / GMT masters owner changing their Bazel insert Colour or dial directly at RSC. I came across some thread of GMT master owners changing their original black Bazel to the Pepsi Bazel and sub owners swapping their black Bazel to green

Any Bros here have done this before ? I have a 16613 black two tone sub and I wish to change the dial and Bazel to blue. I heard RSC will not give you back your old parts. I tried checking out other reputable dealer / service shop and all of them tell me if they can get the parts , changing is not hard and will only take 30min and less then $100 bucks. I tried searching for the parts online but most reputable shop selling are very bad quality, scratches here and there.

I assume RSC should have the original part. Since my 16613 version is made in year 1991, all 16613 were produced all the way to late 2000s and I have seen someone online using the latest submariner 116613 dial on his old 16613 sub.

Hope you Bros can share your advice. I do love my black sub but I always wanted a blue sub. Every shop I went to said blue sub is the best. Even my friends lol. I'm not fussy and I appreciate my black gold sub but if I can get the blue one for some eye candy satisfaction then why not.

now you want your gold sub black dial to have a blue dial?

there are a few variants of blue dial primarily

• tt - non sunburst dial
    • tt - sunburst dial
    • wg - blue dial

i am not sure if RSC will sell you the blue dial. RSC is unlikely to sell you the blue dial because each dial is meant for the specific model.

however, if you have a TT sub with non sunburst dial and you want to change it to the sunburst dial, it may be possible. however, it will not be period correct because it is a "old " model with a modern dial. some buyers who are particular will not want to buy the watch. others will not mind.

as for changing bezel, as long as it is the same type aka ceramic to ceramic/metallic to metallic, it is possible. however these parts have to source and finding the real one may not be easy if you can't tell the difference.

Originally posted by DannyRage View Post
    I have done some research online and have found post that are dated back to 2008-2014 of submariners / GMT masters owner changing their Bazel insert Colour or dial directly at RSC. I came across some thread of GMT master owners changing their original black Bazel to the Pepsi Bazel and sub owners swapping their black Bazel to green

Any Bros here have done this before ? I have a 16613 black two tone sub and I wish to change the dial and Bazel to blue. I heard RSC will not give you back your old parts. I tried checking out other reputable dealer / service shop and all of them tell me if they can get the parts , changing is not hard and will only take 30min and less then $100 bucks. I tried searching for the parts online but most reputable shop selling are very bad quality, scratches here and there.

I assume RSC should have the original part. Since my 16613 version is made in year 1991, all 16613 were produced all the way to late 2000s and I have seen someone online using the latest submariner 116613 dial on his old 16613 sub.

Hope you Bros can share your advice. I do love my black sub but I always wanted a blue sub. Every shop I went to said blue sub is the best. Even my friends lol. I'm not fussy and I appreciate my black gold sub but if I can get the blue one for some eye candy satisfaction then why not.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Meaning RSC won't approve the sale of a different color from your model?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
      Working...
      X