your wish for rolex models for basel 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your wish for rolex models for basel 2017

the sea dweller will be 50 years old.........

will we get a 50th anniversary edition? i doubt it will be a stainless steel model. likely precious metal. will it go the way of white gold? i hope not.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

My guess is 50th anniversary sea dweller "date" indicator will be in green. The word "sea dweller" in green too.
    Discontinue of milgauss gv black dial. Since there r now already two green glass version. Time to take away one of the green glass version. Wow no more matt black dial gv.

Discontinue of deepsea. If they really release 50th anniversary sea dweller there will be too many diver watches in the line. They may take away the deepsea which is harder to produce.

Comment

It's anybody's guess. First of all, we can ask ourselves this:

1. Why hasn't ROLEX used precious metals/stones on their Seadwellers and Submariner NDs till to-date?
      2. Why do they only used the Submariners (w/date) to "dress" them up with half-golds, full WG & YG, diamond dialed them, etc?

I guess it may be that ROLEX want to keep the SDs and Sub NDs cleanly "tool watch". If I'm not wrong, I haven't seen or heard a half-gold Sub ND, or a half-gold SD, or DSSD. Not even in full gold or other precious metals. It would really be a big shift for the company if an SD or DSSD comes out in half/full gold or diamonds.

I am not too clear why or how ROLEX came out with the SD4K after they produced the DSSD but yes, I agree that there are a little too many divers' models currently. Especially so, with the SD models - SD4K and DSSD. I feel that one of them should go, and I'm not sure if it should be the DSSD. To an extent, the SD4K looks somewhat too similar to the Sub ND. In terms of looks, size and appeal, it just doesn't justify how much more you would have to pay for it as compared to a Sub, with or without the date. And if it's a true blue, solid divers' you want to buy, the DSSD shld be the one that would stand out more, and which paying more for it than a Sub makes more sense.
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

If at all they want to take away, and between the two SDs, it should be the SD4K AND the blue DSSD, leaving the black DSSD as it is. This will leave them having a REAL divers' dive watch that is huge and thick to serve its purposes (for pro and wealthy divers as well as big watch lovers).

And with this, the SD4K can be "celebrated" to be reproduced in precious metal to mark its 50th anniversary of their SD. This can be somewhat similar to what they have done to their GMTII - the "Pepsi" in full WG.
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I really hope they will be releasing the GMT II Ceramic with ' Coke ' bezel in stainless steel but im not sure if they will be releasing it in steel tho as the pepsi itself is in white gold. Hope these rumours and speculation on releasing the ' Coke ' comes in steel not precious metal 😬

Comment

Speculations of a SS Coke has been the hot topic as of late and surely one can't put off a surprise move by Rolex if the Coke was to be reincarnated in SS just like how far fetch it was for Rolex to put the Ceramic bezel on the SS Daytona bypassing the PM, but it happened.

As much truth that introducing a SS Coke alongside the BLNR and LN Gmts will kill not only the BLNR and LN sales but could probably caused an even lower demand for the PM Pepsi, with the current economy and the state of sale for Swiss Watches, Rolex could be doing just that. And if it doesn't make senses to be having too many choices under the same model, that has always been the case anyway with the 16700 and 16710 in 3 different insert colors, Pepsi, Coke and Black. The Gmts has been the only sports model that had many choices at any given point of time.

Another interesting speculation is the Explorer 216570 getting a ceramic bezel. Maybe not now...but eventually there be ceramic in most if not all of the Sports model.

Its coming in March anyway...we will just have to wait and see what Rolex have to offer...

'It ain't how hard you hit;
            it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
            How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
            That's how winning is done.'

Comment

Regarding the SD and DSSD, there's no way Rolex will discon the DSSD. It's just too much RnD put in it and the engineering feat it represent plus the bragging rights it has generated over the period of close to a decade.

I think it's tough to take it off the list. No doubt it's a sleeper in terms of sale (the original black anyway) hence introducing something that was not usually done (commemoration piece for an individual achievement) with the unique dual gradient dial, it should be able to stay where it's at.

If they would discon the Dssd, it will be one of the dials but not the model. Warrant the fact that the D blue is a more "successful" seller then the black (which is subjective as the black was around since 08 and the blue was only in 14) , and the story that the blue dial ties itself with, with that major breakthrough in exploration, they should keep the blue and discon the black.

And the SD, since the discon back in 08 and brought back to life in 14, it had failed to get into the Rolex divers market share with the many choices under the same category and the falling in between doesn't help either like what OceanKlassik have pointed out.

So it's even more interesting to see what Rolex have in store for the SD 50th Anni. It would be like its given a lifeline, another chance, to make it right with the SD.

We will see coming this March...

Comment

I'm imagining this:

Instead of "killing off" its SD4K completely, ROLEX may use it to celebrate its 50th year by giving the SD4K a d-Blue like dial and blue ceramic bezel, while still keeping it in stainless steel (SS). Thereafter, they discon the regular black dial SD4K. And with this new 50th anniversary blue SD4K, they may discon the d-Blue DSSD, while still keeping its regular black DSSD in production.

So you will have:

1. A blue (dial & ceramic bezel) SD4K - 50th anniversary model.
                2. No more black SD4K.
                3. No more d-Blue DSSD.
                4. Continue to have the black DSSD.

If ROLEX can have so many colors on the Submariners - black, green-black, green-green, blue WG, blue HG, black HG, diamonds, etc, they can and should consider more colors for the SDs.
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

i doubt rolex will introduce a variety of colors for SD.

given how things have been on the 50th anniversary models of the GMT and submariner, they could just introduce a colored bezel and i hope not.

will they follow the way tudor re-make their vintage series like LHD model, where they introduced some red font, vinage lume, alt colored date......

simple and subtle.

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                  If ROLEX can have so many colors on the Submariners - black, green-black, green-green, blue WG, blue HG, black HG, diamonds, etc, they can and should consider more colors for the SDs.
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post

1. A blue (dial & ceramic bezel) SD4K - 50th anniversary model.

I can't imagine as much as I want to.

Dont think they gonna do another blue as its reserved for the WG sub and that's it's exclusive color including its bezel. The closest one can get with the blue is to go TT. And they surely won't do another green as that's reserved for the Sub 50th Anni and even after more than a decade since the Sub turned 50, it became a permanent offering, so green is out, dial and bezel.

Reason why the sub have more variant was just because the sub is the most popular sports model, appealing to more majority of consumers which the SD AND the Dssd do not.

So there's still surprises expected from Rolex this year....can't wait, though I don't think I need any as I am covered in all bases.

Air, Land and Sea....

Comment

What do you guys think about the 6 Predictions for Rolex this Baselworld 2017?
                      http://www.thewatchology.com/6-rolex...7-predictions/

Comment

Highly unlikely but I do hope for a ceramic version of the Kermit sub !

Comment

a cyclops for 50th anniversary sea dweller?

read about it here

kindly email with
                          2. your nick

Comment

I really hope they do an Explorer II with ceramic bezel

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X