Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can 116610 ceramic change bezel?

Hi,

I read that the 16610 can change bezel that's why some people prefer it to the new ceramic one...Is it true that 116610 can't change bezel as easily ?

Originally posted by Sgdividends View Post
    Hi,

I read that the 16610 can change bezel that's why some people prefer it to the new ceramic one...Is it true that 116610 can't change bezel as easily ?
    Huh? Change bezel? To what color?? Both are equally easy and difficult depending what your requirements are.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Feel weird for ur question

Do u mean by damage the bezel so change new one or change after market bezel?

Comment

OK think I'm mislead since I have this response from laojiao.

So 116610 I can just change the bezel insert to an after market one and to a 16610 bezel non ceramic one?

Basically if I got a 16610 , I go buy a ceramic bezel insert , I can just insert into my 16610 to get a ceramic one?

Comment

do you think rolex would make it possible for the 116610 ceramic bezel insert to be fitted on a 16610 bezel?

OK think I'm mislead since I have this response from laojiao.

So 116610 I can just change the bezel insert to an after market one and to a 16610 bezel non ceramic one?

Basically if I got a 16610 , I go buy a ceramic bezel insert , I can just insert into my 16610 to get a ceramic one?
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I think you should it this way.. "Do 16610 have Aftermarket ceramic bezel"

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
              do you think rolex would make it possible for the 116610 ceramic bezel insert to be fitted on a 16610 bezel?
              I never owned a rolex watch so not sure. Doing my due diligence.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgro123 View Post
                Yeah you put it in a more efficient way..thanks!

Comment

the forum does not support such items. please do not continue such discussions in this forum.

Originally posted by Sgro123 View Post
                  Yeah you put it in a more efficient way..thanks!
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Let me try to understand this. Pardon my slowness.

There is no ceramic bezel insert for the discontinued model Submariner 16610. It comes ONLY in black steel bezel insert. It had the 16610LV (anniversary model) that comes with a green steel bezel insert but there was a difference in the dial. In the 16610LV, the dotted indexes on the dial, the hands were all bigger, as compared to the 16610. So it is not difficult to spot a 'hybrid'. You will know something's changed if you see a black steel bezel on the 16610LV and vice versa.

16610s.jpg

For the new (current) Submariner 116610, it comes ONLY in black ceramic bezel insert. Of course there are other variants of the Submariners, from the 116610LV (aka the "HULK") to the bi-gold models and full precious metal and stones models. Each have their own distinctive color ceramic bezel inserts.

I have not come across any ceramic bezel inserts for the 16610 or 16610LV. Nor have I come across any steel bezel inserts for the 116610 and the HULK. Even if there are, they are fakes. Having said that, I have seen some people using the original bezel inserts on different models, i.e. the green steel bezel on the 16610 and the black steel bezel on the 16610LV. At least, it is an original ROLEX part on an original ROLEX watch.
                    Last edited by Oceanklassik; 19-10-17, 12:14 PM.
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Thanks Ocean.

Another fact I learnt just in case I come across a seller who is trying to hoodwink me with a funny combination!

Comment

I believe the bezel inserts for ceramic Subs are thicker in dimensions and will not fit your 16610. You can do a search on ebay and you'll notice the bezel insert sizes are different for 116610 and 16610.

Comment

Thanks stevef for the reply and sharing

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X