Has anyone noticed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They is always backdoor

AD usually will sell to gray market @ higher price which mean consumer will suffer at higher price. Sometime AD will sell their vip at retail price which is seldom. As for selling walk in Customer is totally waste of time because lower profit margin/if selling @ premium price they worry getting of complain, so they will choose gray market which whole sales to HK or other countries

Comment

Usually Rolex supply stock

Rolex usually supply 1-4 popular model to which outlet of AD. I believe this flipers won’t stop because rolex is controlling the stock Demand/supply. Right now all sport model is holding back because upcoming Rolex going increase their price 3-5% across all model on 2018 and I believe all AD already have the information 😁

Comment

Don't buy from flippers

Don't buy from flippers now. The stock will come in again to the AD soon.

I trust Rolex to resolve this.

Comment

In facts some of the AD selling premium price

I don’t think rolex can do anything because gray market for Rolex too huge & without gray market Rolex don’t hold value anymore 😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by Timetraveler View Post
            Sadly to say Rolex Singapore can’t do anything because AD rather sell to vip customer or gray market because of higher profit margin. You walk in AD if they tell you they selling @ retail price is BS, it because that they scare sell you premium price later on you will complain to Rolex. Overall if they choose not sell to you/*Out of stock which actually the stock inside safe*and you also can’t do anything about it
            AD usually will sell to gray market @ higher price which mean consumer will suffer at higher price. Sometime AD will sell their vip at retail price which is seldom. As for selling walk in Customer is totally waste of time because lower profit margin/if selling @ premium price they worry getting of complain, so they will choose gray market which whole sales to HK or other countries
            Rolex usually supply 1-4 popular model to which outlet of AD. I believe this flipers won’t stop because rolex is controlling the stock Demand/supply. Right now all sport model is holding back because upcoming Rolex going increase their price 3-5% across all model on 2018 and I believe all AD already have the information 😁
            I don’t think rolex can do anything because gray market for Rolex too huge & without gray market Rolex don’t hold value anymore 😂😂
            I cannot agree more. It's just disappointing for some; happy for some too.
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalOak View Post

ROLEX to resolve this

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

demand and supply.

Comment

How do you reckon Rolex can resolve such situation? Ultimately, it is up to AD's discretion on who they wanna sell the watches to even if they increase or regulate their supply of popular sports models. Grey market will still continue to operate as it is. The bottomline is a demand vs supply situation. If buyers can't wait, they can always pay a premium to grey market sellers. If buyers can wait, then they can see if they can buy at RRP (with some discount hopefully) from the ADs.

Comment

I just received news from my AD contact that there will no longer be any discount given for sports models (ss & tt) until further notice. That's disappointing news indeed. So @RoyalOak, you reckon the situation will improve upon Q1/Q2 2018?

Comment

Rolex manufactures a fixed amount of their models every year. Say hypothetically, they allocate their production of Batman to 15,000 pieces per year and SS datejust 41 black to 30,000 pieces per year, once they hit 15,000 for the Batman in a year, they will just stop. They will not decrease production of DJ41 to make up for the popularity of Batman to produce more Batman.

The demand for the sports models for year 2017 has been very good, resulting in early sold-out of said models. Hence, the ADs around the world have not been receiving a lot of these sports models towards the end of 2017.

Obviously the production and shipment for these sports models will continue in 2018 again. However, Rolex has always been secretive about their production per model and allocation, so it's anyone's guess whether we will see the same dearth situation of these sport models in the late part of 2018.

Back to your earlier question, Rolex has the right to rescind the authorised dealership of any AD if they are continually found not acting on Rolex's advice. This is the one thing that all the ADs fear given the lucrative Rolex relationship. The power is with Rolex here...

Comment

Originally posted by mirage View Post
                        I just received news from my AD contact that there will no longer be any discount given for sports models (ss & tt) until further notice. That's disappointing news indeed. So @RoyalOak, you reckon the situation will improve upon Q1/Q2 2018?
                        The is the result of our local ADs not being able to sell ROLEX watches at premium prices. Other contributing facts include the demand (of ROLEX sports models) far exceeding supplies, plus the usual price increases that would normally take place every year.

And of course, the main reason why this can happen is people will still buy these watches at their retail prices, even some models, at premium (from non-ADs).
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by mirage View Post
                          Glad I got mine a fortnight ago. Was given 8% discount.

Comment

Ever since Rolex instructed local AD to sell their watches at retail price, the prices now in the 2nd hand market are even higher than what they were before the instruction!

Does this even make sense? Lately I saw another member selling a Hulk at 15.3k in this forum! I remember the same piece was sold by the AD at 13-13.5k before the Rolex instruction. 2k price increase in half a year!

The Hulk, Batman, SD and the Daytona are now the flipper's grail pieces!
                            Even AD's mark up now!!! I think the pricing has all gone haywire!

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky23 View Post
                              Even AD's mark up now!!! I think the pricing has all gone haywire!
                              Really? For which models?

Comment

Rolex manufactures a fixed amount of their models every year. Say hypothetically, they allocate their production of Batman to 15,000 pieces per year and SS datejust 41 black to 30,000 pieces per year, once they hit 15,000 for the Batman in a year, they will just stop. They will not decrease production of DJ41 to make up for the popularity of Batman to produce more Batman.

The demand for the sports models for year 2017 has been very good, resulting in early sold-out of said models. Hence, the ADs around the world have not been receiving a lot of these sports models towards the end of 2017.

Obviously the production and shipment for these sports models will continue in 2018 again. However, Rolex has always been secretive about their production per model and allocation, so it's anyone's guess whether we will see the same dearth situation of these sport models in the late part of 2018.

Back to your earlier question, Rolex has the right to rescind the authorised dealership of any AD if they are continually found not acting on Rolex's advice. This is the one thing that all the ADs fear given the lucrative Rolex relationship. The power is with Rolex here...
                                Understood. Let's see if the situation improves once production resumes for 2018.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X