Has anyone noticed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyalOak View Post
    I recommend people to stop buying from flippers at current inflated prices, until Q2 2018.

The shipment of these popular sports models will continue from Q1 2018 again as I understood their shipment is currently on hold until end of the year. Just be patient.
    Not easy as there will always be people willing to fork out more to get it asap. Just like how iphone's price went crazy few years back especially iphone 6 era.

Comment

True

Comment

I recommend people to stop buying from flippers at current inflated prices, until Q2 2018.

The shipment of these popular sports models will continue from Q1 2018 again as I understood their shipment is currently on hold until end of the year. Just be patient.
        Time check on this.. does anyone know if the "regular" shipment of popular sports models has started to resume?

Comment

Originally posted by mirage View Post
          Time check on this.. does anyone know if the "regular" shipment of popular sports models has started to resume?
          Yes, but the majority of the 2018 shipment has gone straight into grey dealers.

Very odd...

Comment

Yes, but the majority of the 2018 shipment has gone straight into grey dealers.

Very odd...
            Just curious, what makes you think so that the new shipment has gone straight into grey dealers? Is the case whereby you have heard people enquiring them with the ADs but there is still no stocks?

Comment

Just curious, what makes you think so that the new shipment has gone straight into grey dealers? Is the case whereby you have heard people enquiring them with the ADs but there is still no stocks?
              It's very clear - you can go to the grey dealers' website to see for yourself. They have BNIB Daytona, Hulk, Batman, SD and Skydwellers (all at premium). Where do you reckon they got these brand new pieces from?

Straight from Rolex Singapore?

Comment

It's very clear - you can go to the grey dealers' website to see for yourself. They have BNIB Daytona, Hulk, Batman, SD and Skydwellers (all at premium). Where do you reckon they got these brand new pieces from?

Straight from Rolex Singapore?
                I think this is all speculation on our part. Maybe for some of you, you have your reliable source(s). The grey dealers (or PIs) have their own network of distributors, and some are from overseas. It's anyone's guess how and where these watches came from and to who they are assigned to. But most of the time, these (new) watches were from overseas ADs or dealers. Rarely do you see new local AD watches on sale by the grey dealers.

Even our local ADs have their own network of grey dealers
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

As well all know, the demand for the SS sports models have gone through the roof with Rolex not being able to keep up with demand. We also need to remember that Rolex makes other non sports models, DJs, DDs, precious metals, serti that stay on the shelves a lot longer. One just need to walk into any AD to see these non sports models on display. You can buy one on the spot. The ADs are expected to move these non sports models as well. The ADs cannot pick and choose and say to Rolex that I only want SS sports models. What gets allocated to the AD depends on what and how soon they move their stocks.

This is where I believe the benefits of the grey dealers come in. The grey dealers 'jiak' these slow moving models, often at a significant discount from the ADs so that these get off the ADs books. To Rolex, the AD has 'sold' these slow moving models. Therefore as incentive from the AD to the grey dealers, they are given some of these high demand sports models at no discount. The grey dealers sell these popular ss sports models at a premium to cover for the slow moving models that they 'jiak' from the ADs.

Unless Rolex decides to ramp up the production of SS sports models significantly and reduce the production of non sports models significantly, the situation of paying a premium will remain for some time.

Comment

Originally posted by rallyx View Post
                    As well all know, the demand for the SS sports models have gone through the roof with Rolex not being able to keep up with demand. We also need to remember that Rolex makes other non sports models, DJs, DDs, precious metals, serti that stay on the shelves a lot longer. One just need to walk into any AD to see these non sports models on display. You can buy one on the spot. The ADs are expected to move these non sports models as well. The ADs cannot pick and choose and say to Rolex that I only want SS sports models. What gets allocated to the AD depends on what and how soon they move their stocks.

This is where I believe the benefits of the grey dealers come in. The grey dealers 'jiak' these slow moving models, often at a significant discount from the ADs so that these get off the ADs books. To Rolex, the AD has 'sold' these slow moving models. Therefore as incentive from the AD to the grey dealers, they are given some of these high demand sports models at no discount. The grey dealers sell these popular ss sports models at a premium to cover for the slow moving models that they 'jiak' from the ADs.

Unless Rolex decides to ramp up the production of SS sports models significantly and reduce the production of non sports models significantly, the situation of paying a premium will remain for some time.
                    Yes, exactly how the situation has been since a long time ago, and until now. That is why you tend to see the grey dealers selling more pop sports models than the ADs. And because the grey dealers are not 'governed' by the watch manufacturers, they can set at any price they wish to for their watches. It's a vicious cycle.
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

very true
                      Present own
                      Rolex sub 116610LN
                      Tudor Back bay Bronze REF: M79250BM-0001
                      MILLE MIGLIA GT XL POWER control REF. No:168457-3001
                      Tag Heuer 4000 series

Comment

Latest info I heard from sources that Rolex will be significantly reducing the supply of sports model to ADs effective this year. Probably a drop of 30 to 50% range. To control and tighten up supply & demand? True? Oh.. and also be prepare for the price increased too. (4% to 8% roughly)

Comment

Bye bye Rolex, thanks for the great memories.

I will switch brand from this day on.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X