Price range of preowned Sub Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price range of preowned Sub Date

Hi, I was shopping around for the preowned sub date last saturday at a few of the preowned shops. Got one shop quoted about $5.1K but dunno which years and the one at beach rd above food centre quote at $6.8K because he said THG price up 5% that day and this is the best selling model. I was confuse by all the diferent price around and would like ask all the guru here what is the price range for this watch said 3-6 years old. Thanks.

Originally posted by bingo View Post
    Hi, I was shopping around for the preowned sub date last saturday at a few of the preowned shops. Got one shop quoted about $5.1K but dunno which years and the one at beach rd above food centre quote at $6.8K because he said THG price up 5% that day and this is the best selling model. I was confuse by all the diferent price around and would like ask all the guru here what is the price range for this watch said 3-6 years old. Thanks.
    the price range is quite big from the specific years you looking @.

a pre-owned piece market price is determined by some (can be all) of the following factors

1) series of watch aka D, Z, M series
    2) condition of watch
    3) availability of box and papers
    4) demand and supply of model concern.

the one @ beach road is it alfred png? usually if model in concern has an increase in list price, it does affect to a certain extent. you may verify the price increase with any current AD.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Yes. The beach road one is Alfred Png..He got good collection of watch but the price were slightly high. The one he quote for $6.8K is F series he said...

Comment

Yes. The beach road one is Alfred Png..He got good collection of watch but the price were slightly high. The one he quote for $6.8K is F series he said...
        6.8K for a pre-owned 16610 F series is a bit to the high side. Might as well top up a bit and get a new one...
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

if it's advice you need, you are in the correct forum. good luck in yr hunt.
          Remnants of my irresponsibility:
          "Foreign affections"
          1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
          2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
          3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
          4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
          What's NEXT?

Comment

Thanks for all the advice..My budget is around 6K n looking for preowned sub date or Exp II black face. At which series that price will meet my budget?

Comment

Thanks for all the advice..My budget is around 6K n looking for preowned sub date or Exp II black face. At which series that price will meet my budget?
              Sub date must search around in pre-owned shops.

As for Black Exp II, there're some preowned ones for sale in this forum. Can check these threads out--->

http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=1366
              http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=1175&page=4

Comment

Yup, sub date is a demand right now... get a new one if possible

Comment

I think with a budget of 6k, u will have better choices with the Exp II. For the SubDate, I think 6k would most likely limit u to Y (year 2002) and earlier series. Besides what the other bros had already pointed out, the fact that ADs don't offer discount for brand new SubDate is also a factor that would affect sellers' asking prices... juz my humble opinion
                  HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THOSE WHO
                  REALIZE THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT WAY.

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
                    6.8K for a pre-owned 16610 F series is a bit to the high side. Might as well top up a bit and get a new one...
                    If i'm nt wrong, a brand new SUBdate costs $7,931. So frm $6.8k, its "a bit" of more than a thousand dollars leh..
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                      If i'm nt wrong, a brand new SUBdate costs $7,931. So frm $6.8k, its "a bit" of more than a thousand dollars leh..
                      Well... depends on individual I think at the end of the day

For me personally, I see no diff in getting a >10yrs sub date or a F series one. Both are pre-owned anyway so probably what matters more would be the condition of the watch and the accessories that come with it. With some hard hunting in pre-owned shops, one might be able to get a >10yrs sub date at <5K. So for me, 6.8K for a pre-owned 16610 is a bit to the high side.

But then again, it really depends on individual's preference

Comment

Well... depends on individual I think at the end of the day

For me personally, I see no diff in getting a >10yrs sub date or a F series one. Both are pre-owned anyway so probably what matters more would be the condition of the watch and the accessories that come with it. With some hard hunting in pre-owned shops, one might be able to get a >10yrs sub date at <5K. So for me, 6.8K for a pre-owned 16610 is a bit to the high side.

But then again, it really depends on individual's preference
                        Well IMO if u are saying it is the Z series for 6.8k that's still considerable. BUt other than that no way...I expect to pay ard 5k for a sub date

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                          Well IMO if u are saying it is the Z series for 6.8k that's still considerable. BUt other than that no way...I expect to pay ard 5k for a sub date
                          I agree. My preowned subdate only 4.8K nia...

Comment

I agree. My preowned subdate only 4.8K nia...
                            Wei..enough la...u took the 1 i wanted to buy lor

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Actually I dun mind to get the sub date with >10 years if the condition is good and meet my budget. Now I set a new budget at 5K and will look around for a sub date or settle for a expII at 4.5k.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X