Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you wear your ROLEX, tight or loose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DM101 View Post
    Was at RSC last week to resize a new piece. All the while i like my to wear my piece loose (1 little finger space can slide in) The lady over counter advise me to resize it to be "SNUG fit" leaving about 4 to 5 mm in gap

She says the tighter it is the bracklet will not STRETCH over time. Once stretched she say nothing can be done.

Did some reading. I think she is right. Yes, the bracklet should be fitted TOO LOOSE or else will look like this in the long run

You can read more here... http://www.clockmaker.com.au/rolex/5513bracelet.html

I was also comparing the SUB/EXPLORER bracklets with those GMT2c/DTAEJUST found the older sports bracklets flimsy as compared to the new easylink Oyster bracklets - which are sturdier and strong and SOLID feel!

My SUB/EXPLs are all Z to M series which are Solid End Links but I feel still flimsy and light. BTW this is how u tell if U have SEL bracklets

http://bjsonline.com/watches/articles/0011.shtml

BTW any expert here can share how you define a bracklet is "loose"? i.e. gaps between the pieces > XXmm etc? or Curverature should not slag more than XXmm?

Advise appreciated.
    Read about this too. Logic is that loose fit causes the watch to swing and makes the bracelet to become loose. This seems to be the case for older models with hollow links. Not sure if this applies to the newer models with solid links.

Comment

I wear it snug fit.
      but i have this habit, when wearing steel bracelet watches, to flick my wrist to correct the position of the watch.
      this could contribute to the wear of the bracelet.

Comment

I love it tight, more feeling. lol.
        Loose no feeling. lol.
        Up to individual, most impt is whether u r comfortable with it!
        [SIZE=5][COLOR="#008000"][FONT=Century Gothic]Rolex[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="#0000FF"]AN[/COLOR]-series 116613 [COLOR="#0000FF"]LB[/COLOR]
        AN-series 116713 LN
        [B]G[/B]-series 116710 LN
        [B][COLOR="#2e8b57"]M[/COLOR][/B]-series 16610 [COLOR="#2e8b57"]LV[/COLOR]
        [B][COLOR="#2e8b57"]G[/COLOR][/B]-series 116610 [COLOR="#2e8b57"]LV[/COLOR]

Comment

I love it tight too. This becomes especially important in the case of slightly bigger watches like the DSSD. A loose fit won't do because there's too much movement - perhaps for the same reason a woman with big breasts prefers a tight fitting bra.

Comment

I wear them slightly tight but they can still be moved abit on my wrist when weather gets hot n sticky

Rolex owner since 2010
            Previously owned:
            Explorer II(216570) black dial AN serial
            GMT-Master II(116710LN) AN serial
            Current collection:
            Datejust 36(116234) V serial
            GMT-Master II(116713LN) AN serial
            Upcoming/Wishlist:
            "Hulk" green sub(116610LV)

Comment

i don't like the part when giving allowance causes my watch to fall to theother side, need to adjust again & again..

Comment

Originally posted by R-oyster View Post
                I love it tight too. This becomes especially important in the case of slightly bigger watches like the DSSD. A loose fit won't do because there's too much movement - perhaps for the same reason a woman with big breasts prefers a tight fitting bra.
                Manz..wat an example! Lol!

Comment

i like it slightly loose lah esp in the hot climate

Comment

I wore my watches slightly looser i.e. can slide a bit. I find it more comfortable that way especially living in such a humid environment.

Comment

neither tight nor loose for me, but rather, prefer a good fit
                      good meaning the watch can still slide on my wrist slightly in the 9 and 3 o'clock directions, but not loose enough for the case to move in the 12 and 6 o'clock directions
                      most important, the bracelet must never leave any 'bracelet marks' on my wrist after wearing it

Comment

i prefer it loose

Comment

general guide, light watches, bracelet can be snug fit but for heavy watches, its better to allow about one small finger space.

Comment

Wear the Rolex like it's part of you. Just fit, not tight, so that when you move your hand, you are aware of that expensive appendage on your wrist and avoid knocking into objects around you.

Comment

I like to wear my watches tight, but not so that it makes me feel there is a rubber band around my wrist. I don't like to have the watch face moving too much when I move my hand around.

Comment

very tight! hate the watch moving around my arm...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X