Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a Sub date

Hi Rolex Bros,

Omega SMP was my first purchase of an expensive watch. Have since liquidated it and now planning to get my 1st Sub.

Trying to get a pre-owned local AD set at 6K+, so far not found one yet.
    Had called few pre-owned shops all no stock. One pre-owned shop quoted a BNIB M series set at mid 6k, is that a good buy?

I am not sure if I shld just fork out 1k more and get from AD like THG, WP, is most AD out of stock? Any difference b/w M or V series?

Thanks in advance

U will never go wrong buying a 16610 (Sub with date).
    Good choice.
    Can consider with Sub with pinholes (5K to 5K+)

Comment

Originally posted by aikon View Post
      Hi Rolex Bros,

Omega SMP was my first purchase of an expensive watch. Have since liquidated it and now planning to get my 1st Sub.

Had called few pre-owned shops all no stock. One pre-owned shop quoted a BNIB M series set at mid 6k, is that a good buy?

I am not sure if I shld just fork out 1k more and get from AD like THG, WP, is most AD out of stock? Any difference b/w M or V series?

Thanks in advance
      You can get a BNIB V series...fresh from the oven...mid 6k...from our garage

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

I think it is easier for you to head down to preown shops in person. I was in people's park complex and i saw a few shop selling the watch you want.

you sound contradicting, first you say all the shops you called NO stock, this was followed that one pre-own shop quote u a price.

if earlier batch of M series, maybe dont have the chapter ring. other than that of course there is difference between M and V series. different period of production.

Originally posted by aikon View Post
        Hi Rolex Bros,

Thanks in advance
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Thanks for all the advice, shop I called have no preowned set. But one shop has a M series BNIB.
          Darkangel, can pm me detail of getting V series BNIB.

Will be doing some legwork this afternoon in LP and Pple Park. Thanks again

Comment

Why don't you look at the garage. Always got BNIB ones.......
            My Current

Rolex Daytona 116515
            Rolex Submariner 16610
            Rolex Submariner 116610
            Rolex Date 1550
            IWC Spitfire Chronograph 371705
            IWC Portuguese 7 Days 500107
            Omega Ocean Planet 22015000
            Bell & Ross Heritage BR126
            Grand Seiko GMT SBGM021
            Seiko Sumo SBDC001
            Seiko Sumo SBDC003
            Seiko Marinemaster SBDX012
            Seiko Brightz SDGZ013 Chronograph

Comment

yup..sub is quite common...not difficult to search for...unless you looking for vintage pieces...
              Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I think the earlier 'Z' series has no engraving. The 'M' series shld all have. If your budget is around there, then I don't see any problem for you to get the BNIB 'M', right? It's mid-$6k? I'll say, go for it.
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Thanks all, just got 2 quote for '05 local and 07 set oversea set at ard 6k. Will vist thes shops. Both set w paper no box. If both cond equal, shld get the local or new oversea set?

Comment

I meant both set preowned, b/w older 05 local and newer 07 oversea set

Comment

Its all in your mindset, whether you can accept an overseas set or not.

Factually, so long as it is genuine rolex, there is virtually no difference in that RSC will still service your watch anywhere worldwide thereafter.

Comment

Sub-Date is an excellent choice! Personally, I'm comfortable with both local ADs' & overseas ADs' papers ...
                        运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

newer
                          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Getting a Sub

Ok, managed to secure a pre-owned set.
                            The BNIB M series no more when I called this afternoon, anyway, went another shop with a local pre-owned set Z9xx.. series with paper, but no box. Paid high 5k figure, cond is mint, sent to RSC after purchased for verification, everything ok n original.

here is a pic of my 1st Sub , very pleased and think this will stay with me for a long time.

Thanks to all for your kind advice, and lotsa of useful info in this form.

Comment

5800? haha... Ok la, congratz n tx for sharing!
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X