Who dictates the market prices?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who dictates the market prices?...

interesting to note that some pieces have gained such popularity in a short span of time that their resale prices can soar more than 10% in less than a week! the resale forum has but one or two of such examples. my humble take is at the end of the day, WE, the consumers and the market dictate the prices. of course, we cannot control what the AD is letting go but least we can do is to help regulate the resale market. the laws of supply and demand always work, but it must work in a concerted effort. examples of how things went beyond control were the Explorer I and the Sub LV, and look at the prices that they are commanding now. another example is the mm20, which i am glad, many are just watching. for those who are really keen, maybe good to take a deep breath before committing. we all love Rolex here but the love has to be realistic.

my humble take.

cheers and happy easter.
    Current pieces:
    Tag Heuer Pilot Chronograph
    Tag Heuer 2000
    Evant Tropic Diver Bronze Green
    Le Jour Mk I - 001
    IWC Portuguese 7-Days
    PAM 104
    PAM 233
    PAM 716
    Rolex 16570 (Polar)

Rolex 16234
    Rolex 116900 (Air-King)
    Rolex 114060
    Several Seiko New & Vintage

Wish-list 2018:
    More Seikos
    Rolex 126710BLRO (GMT2)

yes. consumers helps to move prices in certain scenarios.

1) the demand for a particular piece, daytona has driven the selling price to more than 60% of its MSRP.

however, the recent price increase is probably due to rolex increasing their prices between 5-14%.

the demand for 16610LV has somewhat declined over the years because the demand is no longer as strong as before.

it is the consumer surplus that retailers are eyeing.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by chershen View Post
      interesting to note that some pieces have gained such popularity in a short span of time that their resale prices can soar more than 10% in less than a week!
      Which one are you referrring to? The GMT Master II which has been discontinued?

The demand for Rolexes has always been ridiculous. Rolex produces 800,000 watches a year, which means there're hundreds of thousand new Rolex owners every year. But still Rolex sells all their watches that they make. The prices that Rolexes command at the end of the day is a function of the demand for them and the available supply. So long as the demand is there, Rolex will continue to sell all the watches that they produce. And so what if they increase their prices? People will still buy.

Amazing. Isn't it?
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

To me, when it comes to vintage and discontinued models like the 16700 and 16760.....Basically those who have it can dictate any price.Its up to you as a buyer .....whether its within your pain threshold to jump at that price.

jus my take on this issue.P.

Comment

Originally posted by problmchylde View Post
          To me, when it comes to vintage and discontinued models like the 16700 and 16760.....Basically those who have it can dictate any price.Its up to you as a buyer .....whether its within your pain threshold to jump at that price.

jus my take on this issue.P.
          true.....
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Right! As I've mentioned previously too, WE r all suckers!

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X