Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your First Rolex ...

Hi everyone,

Care to share the particular of your very first Rolex watch?

Then, maybe share what's the reason behind that made you commit to the particular Rolex watch...

Regards,
    Endless_
    • Rolex Cosmograph Daytona (116523)
    • Rolex DateJust Jubilee 36mm (116234)
    • Rolex Sea-Dweller 4000 (116600)
    • Rolex Submariner Date (116610LN)
    • Omega Speedmaster Professional Moon-to-Mars (3577.50.00)
    • IWC Schaffhausen Pilot's Watch Chronograph (IW377701)
    • Officine Panerai Luminor Marina 1950 Titanio (PAM00351)
    • Officine Panerai Luminor Marina 1950 Acciao (PAM00359)
    • Longines Conquest Heritage (L16114752)
    • Sovil et Titus 天長地久 1997 (06-0300-003)

Originally posted by Endless_ View Post
    Hi everyone,

Care to share the particular of your very first Rolex watch?

Then, maybe share what's the reason behind that made you commit to the particular Rolex watch...

Regards,
    Endless_
    Mine is the Sub Date. Rolexes appealed to me when I was just a kid. Told myself I must own at least one
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

My first Rolex is a SS Datejust which belonged to my grandfather,and my first Rolex I purchase was the white Exp II.

Started off with the SS datejust...was marvelled by it...went into greater detail doing some research 2 yrs back...and realised I was into this watch/brand. Went into forums and met some Rolex enthusiasts at HWZ and tadah...this site was born!!

Well it appealed to me and I was very motivated tks to this DJ which I won't sell. Love it totally!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Tay
        i got my first rolex when i was in sec school, in the 1980s.....a rolex manual winding, which my dad paid around S$500 for it.
        So lucky!!

Comment

first rolex 96 - explorer II good price.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

My dad passed away in 1970 (I was 10, my brother was 4), leaving behind 2 of his Rolexes. One was a 6694 and the other was a Gold Case / MOP face / leather strap. We had to split them between us.

I took the 6694 and recently had it serviced for $1050 Something about the 6694 that has a very Classic look.

Bought my very own SS Sub Date last month

Comment

Originally posted by robert View Post
              My dad passed away in 1970 (I was 10, my brother was 4), leaving behind 2 of his Rolexes. One was a 6694 and the other was a Gold Case / MOP face / leather strap. We had to split them between us.

I took the 6694 and recently had it serviced for $1050 Something about the 6694 that has a very Classic look.

Bought my very own SS Sub Date last month
              Well..I guess it's a wise choice though I am not sure if u made it or not. Though the gold 1 maybe worth more..imagine the service charge...it won't be $1050.

As for me...my grandfather left a SS DJ and a YG DJ/DD(not sure),my mum took the SS 1 and she let my auntie take the YG 1. I guess it is a gd move,I recently went to replace the bracelet,well I cant imagine how much I would be paying if I were to change the bracelet of the YG 1...ard 10k!!!.

Comment

Got my first ROLEX, a ss DJ,early tis yr. Same as most pple,hope to own a ROLEX tis lifetime. Am happy i did. Nw, wan mre..
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

well...mine was a blue dial 6694 from my father. he want to sell due to upgrade, but i love the watch too much, and now waiting for my insurance copmnay to pay out and i will completely overhaul the watch and change bracelet. i hope it will look like "brand new".

the second rollie was a TT DJ on jubilee dial with ten diamonds
                  [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                  Blue 6694
                  Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                    well...mine was a blue dial 6694 from my father. he want to sell due to upgrade, but i love the watch too much, and now waiting for my insurance copmnay to pay out and i will completely overhaul the watch and change bracelet. i hope it will look like "brand new".

the second rollie was a TT DJ on jubilee dial with ten diamonds
                    Sweet....but dun u find it abit young to wear TT? I mean esp with the jubilee bracelet? I heard from most bros here....TT not that suitable for ppl ard our age...when did u start wearing the TT DJ?

Comment

Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder..
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Bought my 1st Rolex SS Datejust pre-owned 10 years ago but lost it after a year of wearing it. I was so upset about it...
                        Only recently started to buy Rolexes for various reasons :
                        1. An anniversary gift for my wife (of 13 years) and giving me 3 beautiful daughters
                        2. Pamper myself abit after working for 17 years (and still have to continue to work for another 12 years...then retire...hopefully)
                        3. For their reputation as a daily beater and still tell accurate time.
                        Rolex Cosmograph Daytona 116520 M
                        Rolex GMT-Master II 116710 M
                        Rolex GMT-Master I 16700 U
                        Rolex Explorer II 16570 Z
                        Rolex Air-King 114200 M
                        Omega SeaMaster
                        Tag Heuer 6000 series, 90's Swatch watches, Seikos and Russian watches

Comment

This is my first.A vintage 5513.Did a lot of reading and research....and realised that vintage is the way to go.Modern rollies can be bought anytime.....so long as you got the cash.Not so for vintage......getting rarer to even see one in any shop.

Jus me.Peter.

Comment

Beautiful pc u hv thre.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by problmchylde View Post
                              This is my first.A vintage 5513.Did a lot of reading and research....and realised that vintage is the way to go.Modern rollies can be bought anytime.....so long as you got the cash.Not so for vintage......getting rarer to even see one in any shop.

Jus me.Peter.
                              You vintages are all in excellent condition .

Drool .....
                              1675/16610/116234/78240
                              Ball CM1092C-S1J-BR/NT BLUE MARKER
                              Hublot BB ASF
                              PAM 104J
                              Sinn 903 H2
                              Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW
                              U-boat classico AS-classico AB (53mm)
                              If you pick up a starving dog and nurse him well, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X