16710 '99

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16710 '99

Anyone knows whats the price for a 16710, gmt master 2, black bezel? I got an offer, for a watch with pinhole, circa '99 and he is selling me for SGD 5500, we did some business together and i helped him before(its just a small favor), don't know if its really as good as a price as he said. Any bros here can comment whether its a good price? Has paper and in very good condition. Any advise is appreciated.

Originally posted by sngricky View Post
    Anyone knows whats the price for a 16710, gmt master 2, black bezel? I got an offer, for a watch with pinhole, circa '99 and he is selling me for SGD 5500, we did some business together and i helped him before(its just a small favor), don't know if its really as good as a price as he said. Any bros here can comment whether its a good price? Has paper and in very good condition. Any advise is appreciated.
    If it's a complete set, then 5.5 is a good price
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Ah, thank you so much, i was thinking of bargaining it down, it has pinhole though but still looks nice. Its a 8 years plus watch though with box and paper for 5500.

Comment

Ah, thank you so much, i was thinking of bargaining it down, it has pinhole though but still looks nice. Its a 8 years plus watch though with box and paper for 5500.
        It's rare these days. If you don't want, I don't mind considering this

Comment

i would suggest u counter offer @ 5k.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Hi Triton, you mean it should only be worth 5k?
            I will not bargain down if its really worth 5.5k but if
            its only worth 5k then i won't get then.

Comment

It's a complete set. 5K seems to be the price last yr before this model was discont. Now, can't find this model in most preowned shops already. A complete set is even more rare. Browse this forum, and you see others selling same model at higher prices.

Care to share where you saw the watch if you're not keen?

Comment

im not saying that it should be worth 5k. im factoring for service and authentication. if u intend to collect vintage or to be vintage pieces, then i suggest to you to get it serviced before reaching your hands.

if current owner does not serviced in the past 3-5 years, when u sent in to RSC, it would cost you around there to get it serviced. anyway, i believe in getting watch authenticated if bought pre-own because im sure u do not want to pay so much for a watch where later u find out a part is not original. anyway, it is 75 against 5.5k.
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Ah i see, i think i will go for it then!!! Thanks everyone!!

Comment

no worries. take pictures when u have it in hand......looking forward......

kindly email with
                    2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                      im not saying that it should be worth 5k. im factoring for service and authentication. if u intend to collect vintage or to be vintage pieces, then i suggest to you to get it serviced before reaching your hands.

if current owner does not serviced in the past 3-5 years, when u sent in to RSC, it would cost you around there to get it serviced. anyway, i believe in getting watch authenticated if bought pre-own because im sure u do not want to pay so much for a watch where later u find out a part is not original. anyway, it is 75 against 5.5k.
                      Ah i see, he told me it was just serviced recently and i have brought watches for authentication before, there was one time i brought 5 pieces to RSC, all the technicians kept looking for the siao guy who brought in so many watches. Got 5 nice looking pouches back but 75 dollar poorer for each.

Comment

so long as it has been serviced and authenticated. then i guess if u like the watch, bite the bullet. just like i did for my 6694

kindly email with
                        2. your nick

Comment

Ok then, biting bullet, once i get this, will take pics of all my watches and post here.

Comment

My friend aeroplane at the last minute, saw a couple of shops near beach road so went in, got 1 piece, very good condition at 5800 with a free black bezel thrown in. So in essence, i got it at 5650 since the guy claims the black bezel is worth 150. Comes with 1 year warranty at the shop so should be safe. Hope i didn't get chopped.

Comment

My friend aeroplane at the last minute, saw a couple of shops near beach road so went in, got 1 piece, very good condition at 5800 with a free black bezel thrown in. So in essence, i got it at 5650 since the guy claims the black bezel is worth 150. Comes with 1 year warranty at the shop so should be safe. Hope i didn't get chopped.
                              congrats on yr new purchase. dun worry abt getting chopped cos once u r into wearing rollies, our heads are already in the guillotine.
                              Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                              "Foreign affections"
                              1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                              2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                              3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                              4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                              What's NEXT?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X