Tudor black bay gmt reference: M79830rb-0001

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tudor black bay gmt reference: M79830rb-0001

Would like to have some input if it is worth to buy this Tudor Black Bay GMT M79830RB-0001.

https://www.tudorwatch.com/watches/n.../m79830rb-0001

Thank-you for all the input.
    Rolex Explorer II 216570 - 24 Aug 2014
    Seiko Criteria Cal 7T92 Model SNDF65P1 Limited Edition - 30 Aug 2014
    Armani Exchange AX2500 - 25 Jan 2015
    Tudor Black Bay GMT Reference: M79830RB-0001 - 16 Sept 2018

Originally posted by Neverland View Post
    Would like to have some input if it is worth to buy this Tudor Black Bay GMT M79830RB-0001.

https://www.tudorwatch.com/watches/n.../m79830rb-0001

Thank-you for all the input.
    I don't quite understand your "is it worth to buy". Do you mean:

- If the watch is well designed and built, and is selling at the right price?
    - Or, do you mean you have a good offer for it?
    - Or, if the watch will appreciate in value over time?
    - Or, if the said model will be discontinued shortly and the value will appreciate abruptly?

"Worth" is perceived very differently from person to person. If you like the watch a lot and will definitely wear it often and proudly, then it is definitely worth every cent. If you're just buying it for the sake of 'investment', and not that you truly like the watch, then the worthiness is close to zero, because no one knows now if the watch will even appreciate in the next 3 years. In addition, it will also depend on how much you are buying it for.

So, in response to your enquiry, it is "worth" if you really like the watch. However, it will not be "worth" (at the moment) if you're banging on it for investment.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I guess what I mean is your point 1, in terms of designed and built at that price in general. There are similar design like Rolex Pepsi 2018 model which is "hard to get" due to supply and demand and similar design from Tag Heuer but I prefer mechanical watch.

Comment

I guess what I mean is your point 1, in terms of designed and built at that price in general. There are similar design like Rolex Pepsi 2018 model which is "hard to get" due to supply and demand and similar design from Tag Heuer but I prefer mechanical watch.
        If that is the case, then I would think it is 'worthy' in your context. Tudor has been a very established and stable watch brand for many years, and their Black Bay models have been one of the more popular models in the past few years, until now. If you really like the watch, I'll say, "Go for it!"
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

when i first saw the watch online, i said "wow" i have to get it. however, couple of weeks later when i saw it online again. my perception changed to - it is not a must get. when i saw it up close and personal. i no longer have the same feeling when i first saw it.

if the rolex 2018 116710BLRO is the one that you want and knowing that it is tough to get it and you switch your attention to this. then i suggest that you give it a second thought or many even more. the last thing you want is what i call "buyer's regret". i would rather keep waiting for the rolex 116710BLRO just like i am still waiting for my 116500.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

From what I have gathered from the authorized dealer, the watch will be available early next month. There is already more than 10 people in their waiting list for this watch.

Comment

saw one on display at taka hour glass, went and bought one straight away, although it’s leather strap

Comment

Originally posted by Teaspoons View Post
                saw one on display at taka hour glass, went and bought one straight away, although it’s leather strap
                Congrats on your new watch ! What is the damage ? I am still waiting for them to call me for the steel bracelet model which according to the AD is more in demand compare to the leather strap model.

Comment

Congrats on your new watch ! What is the damage ? I am still waiting for them to call me for the steel bracelet model which according to the AD is more in demand compare to the leather strap model.
                  AD retailing for about 4.9k, think the steel version is around 5.4k if i’m not mistaken

Comment

Originally posted by Teaspoons View Post

AD retailing for about 4.9k, think the steel version is around 5.4k if i’m not mistaken
                    I have message one of the AD and they said waiting time is at least 4 to 6 months for the steel bracelet model even if I am number 10+ in their waiting list. More ever, they want me to place a deposit to confirm my reservation in their waiting list.

Comment

Finally got my Tudor pepsi junior after 2 months of waiting time.

Comment

Congrats!
                        what did you do to cut short your waiting time?

Comment

The AD request me to put a deposit to commit my reservation as they will give priority to those queuing customers who has placed deposit with them. Initially was told the waiting time is about 4 to 6 months when I placed the deposit but end up getting the watch in 2 months after pacing the deposit.

Comment

The AD request me to put a deposit to commit my reservation as they will give priority to those queuing customers who has placed deposit with them. Initially was told the waiting time is about 4 to 6 months when I placed the deposit but end up getting the watch in 2 months after pacing the deposit.
                            Oh? I'm surprised an AD would request for a deposit ... most I know did not ask for, and even refused to accept deposits for watches, especially watches that are more popular. Some ADs used to do that mainly for watches that were not popular and difficult to sell in a short time. Reason why, because if the customer changes his/her mind, then the AD would be stuck with the watch.

Anyway, enjoy the new experience
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Finally got my Tudor pepsi junior after 2 months of waiting time.
                              nice! what's the damage?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X