Prices prices prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prices prices prices

incredible that steel sports rolex is going thru the roof.
    Prices reaching or surpassing 2nd hand and some new ap roo for some models.
    Tudor is unable to capture hearts and minds. Black Bay got a beating after the initial mass public crush.
    Maybe forgo rolex and return to panerai for divers?
    Omega for value hunters?
    Date Just for the rolex die hard?
    Will be interesting to see how this supply shortage plays out
    In the meantime, hold onto your sports models.
    I will be happy to sell mine at triple price, and get a patek complication (wishful thinking) Lol.

Not sure what is Rolex sales strategy ????

This forum used to be more active than present.....

Less purchases - less posts from members it seems

Comment

Think some have moved to Carousell

Comment

Originally posted by DM101 View Post
        Not sure what is Rolex sales strategy ????

This forum used to be more active than present.....

Less purchases - less posts from members it seems
        Recently spoke to a few friends over this 'strategy' thing. I still remember our local ADs used to give discount for all ROLEX watches, and sometimes up to 25% (for the less pop models). That was like nearly 15 years ago. Look at the (pathetic) situation now. Not only do people continue to buy watches at zero discount, some are even willing to pay premium prices for selective models.

So, as you can see, one of the probable strategies ROLEX/ADs is deploying may be to eradicate the discount structure that has been in place until today. I still remember when ADs offered 10% discount for the Subs (16610) and 15% discount for the SDs (16600) in mid-2000. At that time, I bought my first ROLEX at 22% discount. Now, people will GRAB/SNAP a SD with zero discount or even with a little premium if there's one up for sale.

If this current situation persists, people's mindset of 'only-buy-with-discount', 'which-AD/outlet-gives-better-discount' will be gone.
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post

Recently spoke to a few friends over this 'strategy' thing. I still remember our local ADs used to give discount for all ROLEX watches, and sometimes up to 25% (for the less pop models). That was like nearly 15 years ago. Look at the (pathetic) situation now. Not only do people continue to buy watches at zero discount, some are even willing to pay premium prices for selective models.

So, as you can see, one of the probable strategies ROLEX/ADs is deploying may be to eradicate the discount structure that has been in place until today. I still remember when ADs offered 10% discount for the Subs (16610) and 15% discount for the SDs (16600) in mid-2000. At that time, I bought my first ROLEX at 22% discount. Now, people will GRAB/SNAP a SD with zero discount or even with a little premium if there's one up for sale.

If this current situation persists, people's mindset of 'only-buy-with-discount', 'which-AD/outlet-gives-better-discount' will be gone.
          If this is indeed their strategy, they may well have succeeded in eradicating most if not the entire discount structure. But I was wondering if the rise in demand being the primary contributing factor that led to the scarcity of supply?

Comment

Is there any discount for datejust model?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowspeeder View Post

If this is indeed their strategy, they may well have succeeded in eradicating most if not the entire discount structure. But I was wondering if the rise in demand being the primary contributing factor that led to the scarcity of supply?
              Not only have ROLEX succeeded in taking (painlessly) away the discount, they are still able to make people continue to buy their watches despite the decrease in discount rate/lack of discount. That's the magic!

I think it's both ways, i.e. the rise in demand AND scarcity of supply. As people get more affluent and well-informed (thanks/no-thanks to the Internet), they start to target the more expensive and popular ROLEX models. Hence, explains the rise in demand. Consequently, because people are buying these watches willingly and happily even w/o discount, and some even at premium prices, ROLEX begin to react to it. And one way is to limit production or control distribution of quantity. So this explains the scarcity which you are now observing. It's a worldwide phenomenon.

Another thing to note - many watch retailers have sprung up over the years across the globe. Current retailers or ROLEX ADs have increased their branches/outlets everywhere, new ones also come on board. Then what happens? Even if ROLEX did not decrease their production of watches, you will still see many watch outlets out there with very little stock or none at all for a longer period of time because there is just not enough to distribute to the increasing number of watch retailers around.

The only solution to this is for ROLEX to increase its production. Do you want this to happen?

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Elepng View Post
                Is there any discount for datejust model?
                At the moment, likely yes. But a lot lesser than you can get a year or two ago I guess. I'm not too sure about the current discount rate, maybe between 5% and 10% depends on model.
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Well I am glad I got my explorer 2 last dec when the AD gave me 8%.

Comment

Heard from AD recently that Rolex reduced production. Not sure how true is that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dove1234 View Post
                      Heard from AD recently that Rolex reduced production. Not sure how true is that.
                      From my understanding Rolex did not reduce production is just that AD prefer to sell those popular ss model to their VIP.. Walk in to one of the AD and was told by that.

Comment

AD guy told me they can't sell to normal walk in..

Comment

Oh man....

Looks like have to switch to DateJust....or MILGAUSS

Comment

Originally posted by Sgro123 View Post
                            AD guy told me they can't sell to normal walk in..
                            I qualify as a normal walkin for my first 2 SS models. I must be fortunate they sold to me instead of VIPs.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowspeeder View Post

I qualify as a normal walkin for my first 2 SS models. I must be fortunate they sold to me instead of VIPs.
                              To me you are very lucky..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X