Worth a good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worth a good?

Was in Tampines mrt area last night and I Saw a 116710LN in a pawn shop. February 2017, overseas AD. With certificate but no box. Looks new but I’m not expert so can’t tell if it’s real. Full links. Going for $11,800. Saw it’s listed on Rolex website for $11,300. What do you think? Pls advise what to look out for when buying in a pawn shop.

My advice to you: forget about what you have just seen.

Comment

Originally posted by super64 View Post
      Was in Tampines mrt area last night and I Saw a 116710LN in a pawn shop. February 2017, overseas AD. With certificate but no box. Looks new but I’m not expert so can’t tell if it’s real. Full links. Going for $11,800. Saw it’s listed on Rolex website for $11,300. What do you think? Pls advise what to look out for when buying in a pawn shop.
      It depends very much on your personal preference and threshold. Some prefer the watch to come in full set while others don't mind with one or two missing items. It still boils down to the watch itself, and the price. If you are keen and comfortable enough to get it from the pawn shop, request from the shop that you would want to do an authentication on your own. As long as the shop staff/owner honors it and put the condition down in writing, then you may consider to make the purchase first. Thereafter, you can approach those watch shops that can help you authenticate the watch, to do it.

As for the price, I can't really comment much. The pricing for ROLEX sports models now like crazy already.
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Thank you for the advice. I’m very motivated to get 1 but I can’t find any in local AD and I won’t be travelling this year. A bit frustrated that there isn’t local stocks and the waiting list do not favour me.

Comment

Thank you for the advice. I’m very motivated to get 1 but I can’t find any in local AD and I won’t be travelling this year. A bit frustrated that there isn’t local stocks and the waiting list do not favour me.
          Well, other than the pawn shops, there are many other independent watch shops and dealers around that you can get the watch from. This model is not difficult to find, as compared to the Daytonas and Seadwellers, etc. You can also browse thru' Carousell and I'm sure there are some pieces for sale.

Good luck shopping
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

it is possible to get it from local AD for this model as many are looking at other models.

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

If getting pre-own I’ll suggest to get the watch verified is genuine and not a stolen piece for peace of mind...

Comment

Sounds like you are very new. If you really are, and not confident whether real/fake, good/bad price, existing dings and scratches, running faster/slower... which might cause sleepless nights thinking over it... better get new from AD.
                ​​

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X