Reaervation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reaervation

Hi, happy new year! I read that the waiting list in AD are like non existent and that hardly anyone gets the call. For a newbie like me with only an old and cheap Rolex, it’s unlikely they will call me because I have no prior relationship with them. So the question is if I walk into shops such as Kee Hing Hung, do I need to place a deposit for them to reserve or it’s just based on trust that they will call me up when the watch arrives? I read it’s easier to get 1 from KHH. Pls advise! Thank you!

Hi, if you were to refer to the sport series, definitely is no easy task but no harm trying to leave your name on their list? Personally, I never heard about putting down deposit. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by super64 View Post
      Hi, happy new year! I read that the waiting list in AD are like non existent and that hardly anyone gets the call. For a newbie like me with only an old and cheap Rolex, it’s unlikely they will call me because I have no prior relationship with them. So the question is if I walk into shops such as Kee Hing Hung, do I need to place a deposit for them to reserve or it’s just based on trust that they will call me up when the watch arrives? I read it’s easier to get 1 from KHH. Pls advise! Thank you!
      In the past, when stocks are easily available or more readily attainable in a shorter span of time, most ADs will offer to accept deposit from customers. And to my recollection, the deposit would mostly be non-refundable. However with recent developments where stocks for ROLEX sports models are almost always unavailable, or MAYBE available only after certain years, ADs no longer accept deposit. Normally, they would just 'entertain' customers by taking in their names to be on their (invisible) 'wait list'.

The more effective way (from personal experience) is to, now and then, pop in to the ADs to check for stock, and if you're offered, make an immediate purchase. I happened to witness these 'unbelievable' occasions when my friends casually walked in to an AD and asked for ROLEX sports watches and were offered immediately. But on condition that they had to make the purchase on the spot and with no discount given.

So what makes you think there's a 'wait list'?
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Thanks for letting me know there isn’t a deposit required. I read through the posts and there appears to be some waiting lists for the privileged few

Comment

Probably yes for the privileged few.To be a VIP or VVIP, you probably need to spend certain amount per annual and definitely it is not a small sum. These days, the sport series is seriously and excessively beyond the "reach", regardless of length of waiting or buying at AD price for any ordinary folks. Maybe, you can consider looking at other brands?

Comment

you have been a member since 2013, you don't qualify as a newbie.

if you have an existing relationship with an AD that sells other brands than rolex, then you if you have purchase other brands than rolex, you might be notified earlier compared to someone who has no relationship. else you may approach AD who just sells Rolex only. however, an AD who just sell rolex only, why would that AD want to sell to a customer without any existing relationship with them? if you can think of a reason that will benefit the AD, then the chance is greatly increase.

good luck

Originally posted by super64 View Post
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
              you have been a member since 2013, you don't qualify as a newbie.

Newbie in Rolex

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X