Difference between Local and oversea AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between Local and oversea AD

Hi like to know what is the difference between a oversea and local purchase rolex ? No sure such question ask before. Your advise pls. .. Price , warrenty etc. Thanks
    Heng2009

No difference at all in terms of the watch,warranty and original packaging.

Price makes a diff...usually a huge few hundred gap to even thousands for certain models.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

And to add, the information of the warranty card might be different. Just minor issue.
      Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

u mean country code? or?

Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
        And to add, the information of the warranty card might be different. Just minor issue.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

It's actually not an issue lah...the country it's bought from..

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

its the same product. take for example an iphone bought in sg or oz. same product its not any better/worse. most important is it is 100% authentic.
            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
            Blue 6694
            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Thanks for all the input. Still puzzing why local set is still prefer ?
              Heng2009

Comment

Originally posted by heng2009 View Post
                Thanks for all the input. Still puzzing why local set is still prefer ?
                Local set is usually preferred because of 'ignorance' of buyers and sometimes what their friends tell them....in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by jamier9 View Post
                  Local set is usually preferred because of 'ignorance' of buyers and sometimes what their friends tell them....in my opinion.
                  agree...

But having said so, I'd very much prefer to buy pre-owned, out-of-production watches from Japanese grey dealers. The pre-owned watches there are usually in much better shape, complete with boxes and papers. Japs really know how to appreciate and treat their watches with care. My 2 cents.
                  "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
                  --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

There are many reasons as to why some people still prefer to buy a local set. Some maybe ignorant, but in most cases that I have seen, ignorance seemed to be the least encountered.

Other reasons include ease of payment, ie instalment scheme, where most local ADs provide at interest-free. Another is the ease of purchase and availability of aftersales service. On top of these, there's also the relationship built up over years between customers and their ADs.

There is no hard-and-fast-rule whether one should purchase from a grey dealer vs AD. If you have the cash in hand, you tend to save more if you buy from a grey dealer. As long as there is a way to authenticate the watch and you do not mind the hassle, I'd say, go for it!

To add to your curiosity, there's also people who buy not from the grey dealers; not even the ADs, but from the brand boutique. So is this the even more 'ignorant' lot? Ponder, ponder..
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Thanks for all the advises and inputs. Now I have a better understanding. Cheer
                      Heng2009

Comment

for me, i prefer to have the extra $$$ in my pocket, than to have the local AD. Regardless of Oz or Sg.
                        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                        Blue 6694
                        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

It's very interesting to see the different comments with regards to buying from a grey market dealer or a local AD.

I guess i stand on the side of buying from a local AD, not because of ignorance or installment plans (most grey market dealers i know also provide this service) but for assurance of purchase and to build to relationships.

Buying from a local AD might not necessary mean paying hundreds or thousands more. When i made my recent purchase, the price i got was the same or better than grey dealers or forum sellers.

Comment

hi there.
                            i am going to buy my 1st brand new 16610.
                            can intro me where to buy be it AD or PI ?
                            my concern is interest free installments.
                            i realise also some sub (btw internal dial & the bezzel) have rolex wordings alone the circle.
                            is it new design ?
                            diamond & sapphire glass are NOT friends!!

Comment

Ultimately,

Spend $$$ must spend happily can liao.... thats the MOST impt
                              相信我,这是最后一只了

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X