Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• after 40 years.....

got this information from AD

RSC will not service a watch after 40 years. this is because they do not carry parts anymore.

unlike patek phillip who will service watches regardless how old.

so if you intend to pass your rolex to next generation. maybe have to bear this in mind.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

hahahha..... sound like their advert....

You never actually own a Patek Philippe... You merely look after it for the next generation ...

Comment

agreed,

which makes me think twice if i want to pass my rolex to the next generation
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
      2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

ya loh, dont pass down loh... before u 'byebye' u sell cheap cheap to me lah hor .... ay sai boh ??

Comment

soccer season lai liao.

can i pawn to you instead?

kindly email with
          2. your nick

Comment

pawn to me lor... but pawn to me = cannot claim back liao leh..

Yah.. i love their slogan..
            "You never actually own a Patek Philippe... You merely look after it for the next generation"
            A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

not to worry too much..........

the general guideline is they would not guarantee the parts inventory 30 years after a movement has been discontinued............it would then be subject to the availability of the required parts........

it is very different from not servicing a watch after 40 years...........that's very misleading........
              the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
              visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

im looking for beyond the 40 years.

theoretically, assuming that you bought/inherited a watch when you are 20/21. for the next 40 years, there is periodically service. if the last service is done on the 40th year. this is also assuming that the piece is already EOL.

what happens if this piece was pass to me by my dad. i would like to keep it. say on the 55th year, certain parts needs to be changed. where can one get the parts? hopefully there is original.

with patek, i know that even if the watch is already 50 years old, any parts that needs to be replaced, there are parts available at least @ headquarters. however for rolex, one can be certain that there will be no parts @ RSC.

kindly email with
                2. your nick

Comment

then buy patek lor......
                  the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
                  visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

but patek watches does not appeal to me.

however, there are ways to get the watch serviced still. it is just whether one know where to look for them.

kindly email with
                    2. your nick

Comment

My DJ that my grandfather passed it down,is about 38 yrs now. It's getting alittle screwy now...I gonna hav to bring it for overhaul soon.

But as wad ohlins said...RSC only keeps parts for 30 yrs...not like after it is 40 yrs old they won't service

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

go to RSC and see if they can service it for you. If cannot. pm me. I pass you the information to get it service.

kindly email with
                        2. your nick

Comment

Actually we don't really have to worry about passing on to the next generation. The next generation has to appreciate what we left behind. And the next generation usually has their own ideas. So why don't we just leave it to them to decide if they want to a a Rolex new for themselves?

Comment

Originally posted by ivan View Post
                            Actually we don't really have to worry about passing on to the next generation. The next generation has to appreciate what we left behind. And the next generation usually has their own ideas. So why don't we just leave it to them to decide if they want to a a Rolex new for themselves?
                            agreed

kindly email with
                            2. your nick

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X