Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wrist size

Hi,

i am new to this forum. I have bee surfing this forum and have gained alot of knowledge and insights. I always been interested in rolex. I am really keen on the explorer II.

However, the only issue that has prevented me from buying one is my small wrist. A rough measurement of my wrist is around 6 inches or slightly smaller.

I would like to seek some opinions on whether the explorer II might be too big for my wrist. I am afraid the watch might just look too weird on such a small wrist. While i do not mind a watch that is slightly bigger, i just do not want to wear a watch that is outright too big.

I am currently wearing a mid sized seamaster which is 34mm. I think this looks just fine. Going on to 40mm, i am a tad worried that it might look ridiculous on my wrist.

I understand that the black dial would look and appear smaller compared to the white dial, hence i am intending to get the black dial. Thanks

Thank you.

at first i was shopping around for a mid size as i was wearing 6694 but now ive "upgraded" the case size to 36mm, and it seems fine. i have even tried the 40mm (expII) and 41mm (gmt master) and both looks fine on my wrist.

now im not a bulk person, so sport watches look abit funny on my wrist, but so far no complaints, there, i just tried at the watch store. of course YMMV.
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Thanks. Perhaps i should try it out.

The last time i breifly tried the watch on, it does look abit werid. I guess its about getting used to it. If i remember correctly, the lugs might have a protrude out slightly from the wrist.

Comment

My wrist is small too...took out all the links until cannot take out anymore for all my watches....but no matter how small is your wrist, 40mm to 44mm can fit our wrist. It is just a matter of perception. Once you start wearing a 40mm watch, the <40mm watches will looked puny on the wrist...
        Rolex Cosmograph Daytona 116520 M
        Rolex GMT-Master II 116710 M
        Rolex GMT-Master I 16700 U
        Rolex Explorer II 16570 Z
        Rolex Air-King 114200 M
        Omega SeaMaster
        Tag Heuer 6000 series, 90's Swatch watches, Seikos and Russian watches

Comment

Let me share my experience on this.

Your concerns are similarly to mine about four months ago, ie. small wrist vs big watches. Many people then advised me like how the few forummers had done so and trust me, it is true.

First and foremost, it still voices down to individual preference. However, those watches you'd mentioned are not too big at all for your wrist. Due to your habit of wearing a certain sized watch (like the 34mm you'd mentioned), a watch, a little too big would make you a little 'out of place' at first but overtime and having gotten used to it, you'd not feel that the bigger watch is big. In fact, I'd learn to appreciate bigger watches (of course, not too big) now, as compared to four months ago.

One good gauge is to observe people with small wrists wearing big watches. Then you try it out at the shop before buying it. Trust me, I'm now regretting not daring enough to get a bigger sized watch, while I was shopping for my first Swiss made, mechanical, automatic watch.

Again, I've to qualify that it still voices down to individual preference.
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by chalk View Post
            Hi,

i am new to this forum. I have bee surfing this forum and have gained alot of knowledge and insights. I always been interested in rolex. I am really keen on the explorer II.

However, the only issue that has prevented me from buying one is my small wrist. A rough measurement of my wrist is around 6 inches or slightly smaller.

I would like to seek some opinions on whether the explorer II might be too big for my wrist. I am afraid the watch might just look too weird on such a small wrist. While i do not mind a watch that is slightly bigger, i just do not want to wear a watch that is outright too big.

I am currently wearing a mid sized seamaster which is 34mm. I think this looks just fine. Going on to 40mm, i am a tad worried that it might look ridiculous on my wrist.

I understand that the black dial would look and appear smaller compared to the white dial, hence i am intending to get the black dial. Thanks

Thank you.
            I doubt it should be a problem...nice way to start ur Rolex collection with the Exp II can't go wrong with that

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Thanks. Perhaps i should try it out.

The last time i breifly tried the watch on, it does look abit werid. I guess its about getting used to it. If i remember correctly, the lugs might have a protrude out slightly from the wrist.
              yes. initially it looks weird. trust me, i started with 38mm to 40mm to 42mm to 44mm. now my 38mm looks weird on my wrist.

it is just a matter of time u get used to it.
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Hi,

Thank you.
                with any watches against any wrist size, most important is when they fit the watch on your wrist.

for example with bracelet, the person needs to fit it nicely. one important point to note is that the folding clasps of the bracelet should sit nicely across the wrist. another point to consider is that there should be a clearance of about ¾ the thickness of of your forefinger. this is to allow 'expansion' and 'contraction' of your wrist when you are moving from indoors to outdoors.
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                2. your nick
                3. your corresponding email address
                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

my wrist is around 6.25inch and I wear the SD (40mm) with no problem at all. A point to note is that as long as the lugs of a watch do not extend beyond the wrist, it should not look out of place or comical. I think if your wrist is between 6 to 6.5 inch, you can even pull off a watch at 43mm.
                  HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THOSE WHO
                  REALIZE THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT WAY.

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

Comment

one of my gf wear expI on her wrist and she is not very big build her wrist is quite small, then another girl i know wear expII and also ok.
                    once i was working and a japanese girl wearing MENS DD on her wrist, again, full size watches and all look very elgent on them
                    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                    Blue 6694
                    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

My small wrist....
                      Rolex Air-King 114200 M
                      Omega SeaMaster

Comment

keke.. i have the opposite problem my wrist like too big for the Ex II, esp switching from Pammy to the Ex II....but the black beauty still looks so sweet!

Originally posted by williamsgl View Post

My small wrist....

Comment

Finally know how to upload the pic to the forum...kekeke!
                          Last edited by triton; 19-04-08, 01:57 PM. Reason: edit HTML codes
                          Rolex Air-King 114200 M
                          Omega SeaMaster

Comment

wah !!! so BIG!.. keke

Originally posted by williamsgl View Post

Finally know how to upload the pic to the forum...kekeke!
                            Last edited by triton; 19-04-08, 01:57 PM. Reason: edit HTML codes

Comment

Now must learn how to resize the pic to smaller size...kekeke!
                              Rolex Air-King 114200 M
                              Omega SeaMaster

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X