Wondering whether I wanna get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wondering whether I wanna get

new rolex? Currently I have a 16710, a tudor prince date, a sinn 356 a glycine incursore 46mm and 2 seiko automatics..

was thinking of getting a 2nd hand 114270 for keeping..but i thought that all those watches I have seldom get any wrist time..

the last time i worn my 16710 was in jun 09 then kept it until 2 weeks ago and started wearing again..

because i rotate watches every 2-3 months so all the watch I have will get only 2-3 months wrist life each year..

thinking of getting a 2nd hand 114270 to keep for investment but then resale prices seems quite bad for the explorer leh.. back in 2003-2004 can fetch up to 8k (takuya kimura worn that time)

back in 2005 the price was around 5k and till now 2010 can only sell around 3.6k..seems like losing money lor..

one thing i dun wanna have too many mechanical watches is the servicing cost lor..never wear much also have to spend 300-400 on servicing every 5 years..

for investment purposes, never get watches.

besides looking for investment purpose, why is it you want to this model?
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
      for investment purposes, never get watches.

besides looking for investment purpose, why is it you want to this model?

bro,

Actually i dun really like this model, but consider it because the price is reasonable. But then I got this habit leh. I keep rolex at home very scared thief come in take lor even when I already got a safe liao. keep wanting to find a more powerful safe..

but then rolex investment also consider not bad. back in 2002 I went KHH buy tudor time asked them and was quoted 3.6k for the 14060m then 2004 i went to buy it at 4.8k..now even more scary lor.

then my 16710 brought in 2006 at 6.1k new now become 7k at 2nd hand shops..considered better than fix deposit in banks liao..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
      Working...
      X