Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion On Ladies DJ, S/S, Rodium Dial, Diamond Markers

Hi,

Went by Watch Palace just now and looked @ the above.

List Price: $10,444. Fella gave 15% niah - $8877. What do you all think?

Checked prices for others also.

Same as above except MOP with Diamond Markers: List @ $13,191

MOP Dial w/o Diamond Markers: List @ $9225

Plain Dial with Roman Lettering: List @ $8k plus (can't remember this one) but after disc about $6995.

How does this measure up to Pre-own?

pre owned usually about 50-65% of new price. Of course my estimates could be out. When I picked up my TT DJ with diamonds a while back, i paid just under S$5k (older model), when the list price was about S$12k.

Therefore you will have to make a decision based on your instincts whether you want to splurge the money to be the first owner.
    Many factors dictate what you are willing to pay for a watch.

1) superstitions - i do not mind preowned, infact i love it, but my mother dislike preowned, thus no matter how cheap, she will never bite.

2) condition - this is both inside and outside of the watch. are you happy with how the watch look on the outside and is it mechanically sound inside (you will need a trip to RSC to check this out)

3) Resale - If lets say you intend to upgrade later on in life, buying new would have meant that you bore the grunt of the depreciation. Just like buying a car. If you buy preowned, and at a decent price, then I think you shouldnt fair too bad, since the original owner bore the grunt of the loss, but do keep in mind that you are buying from dealer who has overheads and therefore a markup.

IMHO if I was buying for wifey (in the future), then I would buy new. However if the intended wearer decide that preowned is ok, then can go and see, and whichever suits both criterias should be ok.
    Last edited by seiko.citizen; 24-04-08, 08:35 AM.
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Thanks for your detailed thoughts. I'm quite torn between pre-own and new, ideally I would love to have new but then again, like you say, there would be a possibility of me selling it and funding a new watch? I would not dare rule that out. New would mean higher priced and yes, 1st owners bare the bulk of depreciation. Pre-own seems a better choice in this case, but the 'hassle' of going to RSC makes me damn 'xian'. If I do decide on a pre-own, I would prefer one with the whole works - box and papers. And all of this makes me - a newbie get confused most of the time...

Comment

good luck in ur quest for the pre-own ladies pieces. the selection is lower compared to men's collection.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by pebz View Post
          Thanks for your detailed thoughts. I'm quite torn between pre-own and new, ideally I would love to have new but then again, like you say, there would be a possibility of me selling it and funding a new watch? I would not dare rule that out. New would mean higher priced and yes, 1st owners bare the bulk of depreciation. Pre-own seems a better choice in this case, but the 'hassle' of going to RSC makes me damn 'xian'. If I do decide on a pre-own, I would prefer one with the whole works - box and papers. And all of this makes me - a newbie get confused most of the time...
          Seldom able to find a complete set for preowned ladies datejust.
          Rolex stainless steel daytona (black dial)
          Rolex LV submariner
          Rolex TT black submariner
          Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
          Rolex Non date submariner
          Rolex Explorer2
          More...

Comment

Wah! Ladies DJ hard to find and even more difficult with complete set? OMG! How come?

Comment

Wah! Ladies DJ hard to find and even more difficult with complete set? OMG! How come?
              Its easy to get preowned ladies datejust without complete set. Meaning no paper, manual or extra links.
              Rolex stainless steel daytona (black dial)
              Rolex LV submariner
              Rolex TT black submariner
              Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
              Rolex Non date submariner
              Rolex Explorer2
              More...

Comment

Originally posted by teo View Post
                Its easy to get preowned ladies datejust without complete set. Meaning no paper, manual or extra links.
                Also a link at the preowned shops will set you back around $20-40/link. Good to bear in mind.

Actually IMO, maybe you can put a Wanted to buy in the classifieds in your local paper, and im sure someone will contact you. As per usual, deal at RSC bearing in mind the cost of verification and service if required.
                Blue 6694
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

I emailed a couple of shops for availability. 1 of them came back with; A 10pt Mother-of-Pearl dial Ladies S/S watch, no paper. The model of this watch is 79174, it is a "F" series watch. Relatively new. Condition of the watch is quite good.Can give a Rolex box for this watch. It is a Pinkish-white Mother-of-pearl dial. Price: 6.7K (cash) What about this? Is it a good deal? No papers - is it ok?

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                    pre owned usually about 50-65% of new price. Of course my estimates could be out. When I picked up my TT DJ with diamonds a while back, i paid just under S$5k (older model), when the list price was about S$12k.

Therefore you will have to make a decision based on your instincts whether you want to splurge the money to be the first owner.
                    Many factors dictate what you are willing to pay for a watch.

1) superstitions - i do not mind preowned, infact i love it, but my mother dislike preowned, thus no matter how cheap, she will never bite.

2) condition - this is both inside and outside of the watch. are you happy with how the watch look on the outside and is it mechanically sound inside (you will need a trip to RSC to check this out)

3) Resale - If lets say you intend to upgrade later on in life, buying new would have meant that you bore the grunt of the depreciation. Just like buying a car. If you buy preowned, and at a decent price, then I think you shouldnt fair too bad, since the original owner bore the grunt of the loss, but do keep in mind that you are buying from dealer who has overheads and therefore a markup.

IMHO if I was buying for wifey (in the future), then I would buy new. However if the intended wearer decide that preowned is ok, then can go and see, and whichever suits both criterias should be ok.
                    I think seiko.citizen has already said what I wanted to say...so yeah.

Originally posted by triton View Post
                    good luck in ur quest for the pre-own ladies pieces. the selection is lower compared to men's collection.
                    Hahaha...yeah true and most of the pieces in the market are usually TT models from the 90s...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                      I think seiko.citizen has already said what I wanted to say...so yeah.

Hahaha...yeah true and most of the pieces in the market are usually TT models from the 90s...
                      im sorry for taking the words straight out of your mouth

I have one ladies TT DJ with linen dial in Oz, originally bought from THH in 1983. I looking at A$3.5K, but willing to talk price, and no reasonable offer will be refused.
                      Somemore I got bank a/c in s'pore so you can remit no worries, and I can arrange to meet in my uncle office (lorong 21A, geylang). I may/moy not be in the area come june.
                      Blue 6694
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Hi,

Went by Watch Palace just now and looked @ the above.

List Price: $10,444. Fella gave 15% niah - $8877. What do you all think?

Checked prices for others also.

Same as above except MOP with Diamond Markers: List @ $13,191

MOP Dial w/o Diamond Markers: List @ $9225

Plain Dial with Roman Lettering: List @ $8k plus (can't remember this one) but after disc about $6995.

How does this measure up to Pre-own?
                        paying by cash or card? if cash, can ask for more discount one.
                        Tag Heuer 2000 Professional Chronograph
                        Tag Heuer Formula 1
                        Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 16234
                        Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 116234
                        Rolex GMT II 16710
                        Sinn U1 SDR

Comment

Originally posted by evets View Post
                          paying by cash or card? if cash, can ask for more discount one.
                          Apparently not, seems its the max.

Comment

Opinion On Ladies DJ, S/S, Rodium Dial, Diamond Markers

Bro Pebz,

Don't know about the others, but for the last one (roman letters w/o diamond), I was quoted $7050 new after discount. I suppose that indicates the prices are about there......?
                            Just my 2 cents

Comment

Originally posted by puppyonfire View Post
                              Bro Pebz,

Don't know about the others, but for the last one (roman letters w/o diamond), I was quoted $7050 new after discount. I suppose that indicates the prices are about there......?
                              Just my 2 cents
                              It's sis Pebz...or Pebz jie jie for me

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X