"m" Sd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "m" Sd

I happened to drop by at AD today for chit chat & sing song.....

Chap was egging me to get the SD (i was wearing another watch then) as he indicated that SD & Sub will remain firm at list price (or may increase)....
    SD @ 8751 & Sub @ 8228 (both no disc)

For SD, it is due to the incoming DSSD (dunno when will arrive) -but for Sub, he cannot give me an answer why - only say that due to demand issue.....

Then one of their staff kindly took out the latest M SD and asked me to try.....I noted that it does not have the latest ROLEX-ROLEX nor the watch serial no engraved within.........only the green tag indicates that it is M series

Notably, for the M series Exp2 - it seems that they have it engraved within...
    Also for DJs......

Dunno for Subs though as I did not look further.....

Maybe the M series SD may not have these features & that it will only be introduced for the DSSD.....

Anyone got any M SDs lately????
    The Current Squad :

14060M VSeries, DJ116200 MSeries, OmegaSMPO XL, Sinn U1, Breitling SuperO, Glycine Lagunare, ML PontosDay, ML PontosDayDate, SeikoSamurai White, SeikoSumo Blue, SeikoDiver's SKX007J, SeikoSinn SRP043K2

M series sub got the rehaut

M series sd got NO rehaut. *feudallordcult confirm pls*

Originally posted by apexi View Post

Chap was egging me to get the SD (i was wearing another watch then) as he indicated that SD & Sub will remain firm at list price (or may increase)....

For SD, it is due to the incoming DSSD (dunno when will arrive) -but for Sub, he cannot give me an answer why - only say that due to demand issue.....

Then one of their staff kindly took out the latest M SD and asked me to try.....I noted that it does not have the latest ROLEX-ROLEX nor the watch serial no engraved within.........only the green tag indicates that it is M series

Also for DJs......

Maybe the M series SD may not have these features & that it will only be introduced for the DSSD.....

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

M subs has got engraving...

i know SDs got no engaving whatever series... (lao jiao pls confirm) tempted to get one....hehehe pre-ownedlah
      In The Bag
      Him
      Tissot PR100 AutoQuartz T14.1.489.11, Longines Dolce Vita L56554736, Rolex SS Submariner 16610, Rolex Explorer II 16570, Glycine Airman SST 06 Ref:3856.186-D8, Seiko Blue Ti Samurai SBDA003, Diver SKX007J, Black Sumo SBDC001, Tuna Can SBBN007, Orange Monster SKX781, Vintage Diver 6309-7040, Vintage Bellmatic 4006-7002
      Her
      Tissot PR50 T27.2.281.13, Longines Dolce Vita L51584736

Next Target
      Damned! My wife's list is not growing...Rolex MOP Datejust for Missus...

Comment

Also for DJs......

confirm SD don't have

Comment

Originally posted by daveevan View Post
          confirm SD don't have
          i'm second to the confirmation too.

for all SD and GMT-MASTER II ( 16710 even for last production M series ) do not have the engraved chapter ring

Comment

Yes, confirmed 'M' series SD dun hv.....
            Stand up for wat is rite even if you r standing alone

Comment

well... that was perhaps 1 of the signs that lead to the speculation that the SD would be discontinued.. So no engraved rehaut for M series up till now. With the M series probably the last batch of the SD, juz imagine if it is really discontinued this year (no official confirmation from Rolex yet).. then you would only find late Y series, F, D, Z, & M series SD with no lug holes. It sort of narrows down to a few series of the SD with a subtle unique feature like no lug holes cases during this transitional period.
              HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THOSE WHO
              REALIZE THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT WAY.

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

Comment

...Then one of their staff kindly took out the latest M SD and asked me to try.....I noted that it does not have the latest ROLEX-ROLEX nor the watch serial no engraved within.........only the green tag indicates that it is M series

Also for DJs......

confirm my M series sub have the engraving.
                Submariner SS 16610 M Series
                Date SS 115200 Z Series (for her)
                BR 02 Blue

Comment

Originally posted by miza View Post
                  confirm my M series sub have the engraving.
                  sub have but SD don't have

Comment

My 'Z' series DJ got engraving.
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                      M series sub got the rehaut

M series sd got NO rehaut. *feudallordcult confirm pls*
                      feudal lord reporting, Sir!

SD confirm NO chapter ring although I was hoping that it would hv.

fyip: Some Z-series subbies got the chapter ring too. the ND sub cosc confirm got the chapter ring.
                      Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                      "Foreign affections"
                      1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                      2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                      3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                      4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                      What's NEXT?

Comment

Originally posted by Taurus75 View Post
                        well... that was perhaps 1 of the signs that lead to the speculation that the SD would be discontinued.. So no engraved rehaut for M series up till now. With the M series probably the last batch of the SD, juz imagine if it is really discontinued this year (no official confirmation from Rolex yet).. then you would only find late Y series, F, D, Z, & M series SD with no lug holes. It sort of narrows down to a few series of the SD with a subtle unique feature like no lug holes cases during this transitional period.
                        in addition, rumour has it that production of SDs are always lower than that of subbie cos it's not popular and doesn't "stand out" like the subbie. gosh, can't imagine the future prices of a SD if it really gets chopped.

coincidentally, i was checking out the prices of rollies at people's park yesterday. the prices of SD have gone up quite a fair bit. the owner even asked me if i wanted to sell my SD. I told him if he can get me a M series GMT-II 16710, i would gladly do a trade
                        "Foreign affections"
                        1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                        What's NEXT?

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                          in addition, rumour has it that production of SDs are always lower than that of subbie cos it's not popular and doesn't "stand out" like the subbie. gosh, can't imagine the future prices of a SD if it really gets chopped.
                          yup, heard abt the slow movement in terms of sales volume of SD prior to present rumours of its impending discontinuation too. As for popularity, I think SS SubDate is way way ahead of the SD and going this line of reasoning, that may justify a lower production run of SD by Rolex. From a personal experience, prior to the present development about a year ago, one could easily attain a 10% discount on a SD but is expected to pay full retail for a SS SubDate. But its a different story altogether now as evident in ADs refusing to back down on discounts for SD. This coupled with the 2 price hikes that Rolex had over the span of a year has indirectly pushed preowned SD prices up a few notches.

coincidentally, i was checking out the prices of rollies at people's park yesterday. the prices of SD have gone up quite a fair bit. the owner even asked me if i wanted to sell my SD. I told him if he can get me a M series GMT-II 16710, i would gladly do a trade
                          don't do that now!!! if the price development of the 16710 locally is any indication, the SD maybe in much more demand after its discontinuation and the 8.7K retail price for remaining BNIB SD at ADs may indirectly turn many to the preowned route. By then you will probably have bigger bargaining power if you do intend to flip it. my 2cents

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

Comment

bro taurus, dun worry, no way in hell am i ever gonna flip this SD of mine. save for life-threatening exigencies, this SD is gonna stay with me for LIFE.
                            "Foreign affections"
                            1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                            What's NEXT?

Comment

bro taurus, dun worry, no way in hell am i ever gonna flip this SD of mine. save for life-threatening exigencies, this SD is gonna stay with me for LIFE.
                              good decision bro ... I reckoned our SD are probably gonna last a life time anyway..

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X