Wow lau..called RSC a moment ago to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newbie09 View Post
    Today i just went to RSC to check my Explorer II, they quote me $760 for servicing not including parts, waiting time is 6 wks due to CNY. Advise by the SA to come back after March for shorter waiting time... In Nov they quote me $560 including parts... Is like more then 50% increase.
    OMG and you decided not to get it serviced in last Nov ?

Comment

Originally posted by wjunkie View Post
      OMG and you decided not to get it serviced in last Nov ?
      i wanted to get another rolex but after seeing all these..it will be sufficient to convince me not to buy any more rolex.. cost of ownership is too high..

Comment

after we service, i heard we get 2 year warranty. is that right?

yeah is so high i can get another watch if i service 2 watches or more...then again i am still tempted by it....looking for a DJ2

i saw this on FB abt HK service center.scary man....

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?ui...684&topic=9536

Comment

After full service...There will be a ONE year international warranty included.
          [FONT="Verdana"][B]The Best Dive Is Always The Next One[/B][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by caeden View Post
            Indeed....
            Current:
            No More Liao...

Comment

Originally posted by leslie View Post
              how? wanna boycott rolex liao?
              Nope, looking to add 1 more in march...
              Current:
              No More Liao...

Comment

Originally posted by caeden View Post
                Oh. THG guy told me change to 2 when i bought my wife's watch just a few days back

Comment

Originally posted by iMac08 View Post
                  Oh. THG guy told me change to 2 when i bought my wife's watch just a few days back
                  Call up RSC to confirm...
                  Current:
                  No More Liao...

Comment

Originally posted by newbie09 View Post
                    Call up RSC to confirm...
                    new watch warrenty is 2 years..warrenty after servicing by rsc is one year i tink..

Comment

Originally posted by leslie View Post
                      new watch warrenty is 2 years..warrenty after servicing by rsc is one year i tink..
                      BINGO!!
                      [FONT="Verdana"][B]The Best Dive Is Always The Next One[/B][/FONT]

Comment

SG RSC began charging for verification because of pawnshops and dealers that used to bring multiple watches in regularly for verification.

unfortunately they spoiled the market for us regular-joe watch buyers.

i stepped into RSC today with a sub (no date) to ask about normal 5 year servicing - i specified no polishing of case/bracelet.

they took my watch away after registration and came back 10 mins later to inform me nothing is wrong with the watch, and it will cost $790 for a full service and take at least a month.

she explained they are clearing a backlog right now, and any watch that goes in for servicing will take as long as a daytona.

this includes tudor.

she also said that many watches are still coming in for servicing after the CNY period, and she is not sure when it will slow down again.

i think i'll use my watch for another 3 more years before i go back. i hope it won't cost more.
                        “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by watchlobby View Post
                          Rolex service prices are among the cheaper ones for brand watches. But SG RSC is overcharging. If you have friends staying in HK or going for long period, let them service the watch for you in HK RSC. For eg, inspection of watches is FOC in HK, SG you pay bloody $75. And who says HK is an expensive place????
                          if i sent in my rolex to check if it needs servicing, would i still need to pay 75? i thought its foc too?

Comment

I went RSC last week to service a Datejust and was quoted $730.

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
                              SG RSC began charging for verification because of pawnshops and dealers that used to bring multiple watches in regularly for verification.

unfortunately they spoiled the market for us regular-joe watch buyers.

i stepped into RSC today with a sub (no date) to ask about normal 5 year servicing - i specified no polishing of case/bracelet.

they took my watch away after registration and came back 10 mins later to inform me nothing is wrong with the watch, and it will cost $790 for a full service and take at least a month.

she explained they are clearing a backlog right now, and any watch that goes in for servicing will take as long as a daytona.

this includes tudor.

she also said that many watches are still coming in for servicing after the CNY period, and she is not sure when it will slow down again.

i think i'll use my watch for another 3 more years before i go back. i hope it won't cost more.
                              wow lau..$790 for a servicing? siao one.

Comment

Whoa! I just called up the RSC in my city (Mumbai) and they quoted $855 SGD for the basic service for a Sub ND! I remember when I was in Singapore in Nov last year, I was quoted around $400 for a full service including a crown change. I wish I had given it to them then
                                And I thought serviving in India would be cheaper
                                Buy less, but buy better!

My blog: http://watchesindia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X