Would RSC Refund Me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would RSC Refund Me?

say seller and buyer meet at rsc to verify but it turns out to be a fake. would rsc still request for $75? if you are a buyer, would you still pay the $75 or ask the seller to pay instead?

Why should RSC refund you $75? YOu paid them to do a job, they've checked and found its fake, you save thousand(s).
    If I am a seller and found my watch to be fake, then I should be gentleman enough to pay for the $75.00. Had I assured the buyer that the watch was genuine, he paid me, then go RSC himself to get an assurance but found out to be a fake, then he could have reported me (no matter how innocent I claim to be)
    But that just me..

But of course, both buyer and seller should come to an agreement before meeting. Save both parties time

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
    - GMT II
    - GMT IIc TT
    - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
    - Master Eight Days (1608420)
    - U1
    - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Do not think RSC should refund you as they only offer a service which you already utilise.

I would how-ever, bring the seller to a police station if there is an evident intention to cheat me. Otherwise, willtry to work out a 50-50 split with the seller if he proves he is a fellow victim. Otherwise, he's a cheat.

Its my own perspertive, i'm not a judge, i'm not right 100%. Its just my own course of action.

Comment

Originally posted by sooqing View Post
        say seller and buyer meet at rsc to verify but it turns out to be a fake. would rsc still request for $75? if you are a buyer, would you still pay the $75 or ask the seller to pay instead?
        You can't be serious. Of cause you will get charged for the service performed.

Comment

you need a service to be performed by RSC. it is rightfully they charged you a sum for the service.

why not you ask the seller to send it in for authentication. in this case, if it is fake, seller has to pay for it since it is 'registered' in seller's name for authentication purpose. that is why sellers always say authentication @ buyer's cost.

if a seller dares to send it in for authentication @ RSC, chances of the watch being fake is minimal.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Agreed that if seller dares to meet you at RSC, min chances that it's a fake. Cos he cannot pull a fast 1 with the expert inside...unless in the very rare situation that he got cheated by someone else or wad lah.

And no RSC would not refund you the $75 in any case, as they said, service rendered...you save the few ks..wads $75 man? Beats spending 10k on a fake right?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Caveat Emptor! Buyers bears all the costs to verify and depends on the seller to bear or share costs.

Comment

RSC will not refund since you pay them for the job. Buyer and seller should have the agreement prior the event takes place.

Comment

Maybe if i put this in simple terms.

You and your friend go to hawker centre, you order pork chop rice, even tho he is a silent muslim. You ordered duck rice, does the hawker have to refund your money for the pork chop rice because you didnt make prior arrangements first?
                  [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                  Blue 6694
                  Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Split lah... best.. since both parties also kena cheated...

Comment

Well.. kinda clean cut to me.

Qn 1: The answer is clean cut. Walk over.

Qn 2: I thought it is quite clean cut too.
                      We are talking about the authenticity of a watch. If the seller presents and positions his sale as a real Rolex, then what else is there to discuss? Seller bears fees if it is fake.
                      Even if the seller sincerely thought that it was real for all the time that he had it, it did not for 1% justify for fees splitting.
                      Yes, it is good to cover such aspects by going through this topic in pre-sale talk. But to me, it is "given".

On this topic, I find myself in 100% sync with Jazz Samz.

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                        Maybe if i put this in simple terms.

You and your friend go to hawker centre, you order pork chop rice, even tho he is a silent muslim. You ordered duck rice, does the hawker have to refund your money for the pork chop rice because you didnt make prior arrangements first?
                        Bro...this is a very funny and good example lah....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X