Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do you place ur Rolex when not in use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use a bottle filled with water

Originally posted by foofam77 View Post
    do you place it upwards, on the left, on the right?
    Hang around the neck of a bottle filled with water to prevent rubbing between metals.

Comment

Me too! I will rest my watch on the crown to minimize scratches and to let the sweat on the bracelet and caseback dry first before I put it back in my watchbox.

Originally posted by breitling77 View Post
      I always like my watch to be rested on the crown. I feel the crown will help to prevent unnecessary scratches.

Comment

A Rolex reseller recently told me to never lay the watch face down as it detrimental to the movement. I read in the past that your watch loses less time on its face. No sure. Placing on side would stretch the band so I place face up.
        Rolex Sub 16610
        Rolex Explorer 14270
        Rolex Yacht-Master 16622
        Rolex DJ 116200
        Patek Philippe 3820R
        It's hard to be a married watch collector

Comment

does this rolex reseller know that in order to be a COSC certified chronometer, COSC test a movement over 15days in 5positions over 3different temperatures, and one of these position is dial facing down for 2days ?

no watch maker will send in their movement for testing if the test method is detrimental to the product

Originally posted by Spirro View Post
          A Rolex reseller recently told me to never lay the watch face down as it detrimental to the movement.

Comment

I just keep it in the box. Never know there are so many things to do out for storage!

Comment

any position, i will place my GMTllc when not in use, whatever i like
              在幻变的生命里, 岁月, 原来是最大的小偷...

Comment

Faced up for me. Thats the way it was shipped. Hehehe
                Only a Rolex will do for me..a tradition passed down from my father and his father..
                I have a love-hate relationship with rolex, i hate the prices but love the pieces..
                Proud owner of a Rolex Explorer II 216570 polar since 27/2/13..okay..not anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Jtaa05 View Post
                  Hang round the next of a bottle filled with water.
                  Where= bottle .........
                  How= hang .....
                  Why= to prevent scratches etc

Comment

I don't think there is a proper way to keep it . But I guess it would be normal to just store it in a dry place . Preferred not a damp location

Comment

What i do is clean it before wrap it with the cloth thats come with it and placed it nicely in the box.... GENTLY....

Comment

Originally posted by jasonsouza77 View Post
                        Faced up for me. Thats the way it was shipped. Hehehe
                        Haha I like this the best

Comment

My watches are always in the winder.
                          But i have noticed that time will vary from watch to watch.
                          I think losing or gaining time on mechanical watches is something that we all have to live with CSOC certified or not.
                          Honestly I think, I'm not sure, but I think that a $100 casio is more accurate than my $10,000 IWC.
                          We're paying the price because it mechanical, it's a piece of art, not a photograph, and art is not always accurate...
                          If you really are so worried about accuracy get a high end CSOC Certified Quartz, like a Aerospace, I got mine just for that reason.

Comment

back in the winder to queue for the next day out.

Comment

eight watches in a box, 5 never saw the outside of my home after i brought it home, all faced up in the box

Comment

back in the winder for few hours

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X