Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do you place ur Rolex when not in use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i place mine dial up inside my watch boxes... but honestly, if accuracy is what watch enthusiasts want then it would make better sense to get a Quatz movement right... that few seconds in my opinion is negligible...

Comment

This has been asked and answered before and you can do a search on my thread. I keep mine face up. I guess some bros here maybe a little out of the element liao hahahahahaha Yes unless yr one of those who enthusiasts else who care's of it accuracy to the second?
      Every Rolex tells a story

Comment

Originally posted by breitling77 View Post
        I always like my watch to be rested on the crown. I feel the crown will help to prevent unnecessary scratches.
        I heard from a watch techician that resting watch on the crown will damage the mechanism directly. Its not advisable to do so.cos sometimes without knowing it,if we put the watch on any hard surface too hard,if the impact hits the crown too heavily, it will affect the movt cos the crown is directly link to the movt.

Comment

In the box, in a dry cabinet ...

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
            For the first 1 hr, I place it face up. 2-5 hr, I place it on the left side. 5th to 10th hour onwards, I place it on the right.

after that, I wear it on my wrist for 8 hours whereby I alternate between dial up, dial left dial right and rarely dial down and the cycle repeats. Only bad thing is, I hardly get any sleep
            Hi Bro,

Just get a Tresor watch winder (www.itresor.com) solved all your headache.
            Special discount for ROC member.

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
              For the first 1 hr, I place it face up. 2-5 hr, I place it on the left side. 5th to 10th hour onwards, I place it on the right.

after that, I wear it on my wrist for 8 hours whereby I alternate between dial up, dial left dial right and rarely dial down and the cycle repeats. Only bad thing is, I hardly get any sleep
              ^^Like that must hire a helper to monitor ur Rolex. LOL

Or you can choose to bring your Rolex to my place. I monitor for you for free. =P

Comment

Saw this from a website:

to self regulate your watches..

Comment

I wrap my rolex with rolex cloth and put it dial up.
                  the same way when you see the ladies at rolex centre wrap our watch when you send it for servicing.

Comment

In its box in my safe.

Comment

Yap... placing the watch in different position will affect the timing differently... I heard placing dial up will gain it a few sec in a week, and dial down will lose it some sec in a week... Any one care to try and tell us your experience?

Comment

this is correct and is due to the effects of gravity
                        placing with dial facing the side, ie crown facing up or down, does makes the watch run very slightly slower hence you lose time, compared to placing it with dial facing up, whereby you gain time

so if your watch has a tendency to run fast during the daytime, placing it with crown facing up or down over the night compensates the extra seconds gain
                        or vice versa if it runs slow

Originally posted by shou.biao.kuang View Post
                        Yap... placing the watch in different position will affect the timing differently... I heard placing dial up will gain it a few sec in a week, and dial down will lose it some sec in a week... Any one care to try and tell us your experience?

Comment

So, if the watch is placed in a watch winder when not in use, then this losing or gaining seconds shouldn't be happenning, right? Or it should fall within the COSC limit. If it is COSC certified.

Comment

When not in use for long periods, i place them inside my Mitch & Marc watch/jewellery box

Rolex owner since 2010
                            Previously owned:
                            Explorer II(216570) black dial AN serial
                            GMT-Master II(116710LN) AN serial
                            Current collection:
                            Datejust 36(116234) V serial
                            GMT-Master II(116713LN) AN serial
                            Upcoming/Wishlist:
                            "Hulk" green sub(116610LV)

Comment

bro, TS question is 'how', not 'where'

Originally posted by Matty View Post
                              When not in use for long periods, i place them inside my Mitch & Marc watch/jewellery box

Comment

Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post
                                bro, TS question is 'how', not 'where'
                                Hang round the next of a bottle filled with water.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X