X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keltzar View Post
    so papers are the most important thing?
    They are not the most important. But they are good to have for preowned

What I think will be more important is the condition of the watch!
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Older with papers for me
      运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

so papers are the most important thing?
        Personally it's not....though it does affect the value alittle,once expired I dun really bother I prefer boxes...I love collecting boxes

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

the boxes are a treat, aren't they...
          esp. the old ones with real wood panels.

Comment

I was also looking at GMTs lately.

Which would be a better buy -

a GMT 16700 with papers, or a GMT 16750 without papers for 10% more?
            if its 10% more and for collection, I would go for the 16750. But that is, if you don't mind the Acrylic crystal on it.

Sometimes it annoys me that my current sub is dark all the time because the tritium is dead.

Does it annoy anyone else? I was thinking of having my vintage sub re-lumed.
            Personally, I wouldn't do that if I were u. If u get a re-lume, u will have a dial that will most likely be incompatible to the age of your watch. Besides, the tritium really ages to a nice colour and a lot of collectors would die to have them. The main challenge, I think, would be to preserve the condition of the bezel insert cos when the pearl too ages to a similar colour like the hour markers, u will not be bother by scratches on bezel insert and toy with the idea of replacing it. juz my 2 cents.
            HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THOSE WHO
            REALIZE THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT WAY.

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

Comment

Well, I would like to have all of them but resources are limited!
              I do prefer the 16750, but I am thinking that 16700 (while already ex.), at least I can still afford with papers.
              16750 with papers is now almost unaffordable.

When I had my SD bezel insert changed last Dec, it was really funky.. I now walk around at night with a watch with one green dot (from the bezel). I asked RSC and they said that for SD (post 1665?) ... and late model subs (I think 16610 and 14060/14060M), the dot comes on the bezel insert when changed.

For older models (5513/5512, 16800 etc.), the bezel insert comes without a dot... so you retain the old dot .

That said, I do miss the dark blue of the old bezel insert on the SD. The new 'black' is so common.
              Last edited by keltzar; 10-05-08, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X