sub :16610 vs 16800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sub :16610 vs 16800

hi,may i know wat's the difference between them?
    1)the listing price?
    2)the pre-owned price?
    3)the difference on model.

thankx all gurus,pls help..
    1st) RXW 2-counter PLAsmiR mILgRapH
    2nd) PAM000J
    3rd) Sea-Dweller

WishliSt :
    1)AP diver
    2)Sinn U1

I'm no guru but watz te models in exact term? 16610 means ?? and 16800 means ??
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by skyline View Post
      hi,may i know wat's the difference between them?
      1)the listing price?
      2)the pre-owned price?
      3)the difference on model.

thankx all gurus,pls help..
      The 16610 aka sub date list at 8.3K, but I was able to get them at low 7k about a month ago. The 16800 should be the transitional sub which has already been discont, so there's no list price for them.

Sub date preowned prices hovers from low 5k to high 5k for anything w/o pinhole. Anything above that might as well buy new one. As for 16800, it should be close to 7k (watch w/o b&p)
      Last edited by minusplus; 19-05-08, 12:24 AM.
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Yep. Quite accurate. Just to share. Recently visited JW Watch and saw a BNIB ROLEX SUBmariner. Selling price on display was SGD$7,800. Made enquiries and was informed that I'd to add in another GST 7%, which after calculation, the watch costs SGD$8,346. Then when I made a request to pay by credit card(CC), I've to add another 3% service charge(for use of CC). This means the price is SGD$8,596!

Omg ..!
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

wat? hate this kind sales tactic. when u enquire, they say they yet to factor in the GST, next they say if pay by CC have to factor in another 3%?

CC service charge is 2% nia, unless they believe that u going to use AMEX.

i would ban such shops which employ such sales tactic. makes them no difference from those who intend to cash in on price increase.

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
          Yep. Quite accurate. Just to share. Recently visited JW Watch and saw a BNIB ROLEX SUBmariner. Selling price on display was SGD$7,800. Made enquiries and was informed that I'd to add in another GST 7%, which after calculation, the watch costs SGD$8,346. Then when I made a request to pay by credit card(CC), I've to add another 3% service charge(for use of CC). This means the price is SGD$8,596!

Omg ..!
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

wapiangz!!! more exp than AD liao leh....

Omg ..!

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
              wat? hate this kind sales tactic. when u enquire, they say they yet to factor in the GST, next they say if pay by CC have to factor in another 3%?

CC service charge is 2% nia, unless they believe that u going to use AMEX.

i would ban such shops which employ such sales tactic. makes them no difference from those who intend to cash in on price increase.
              yes i agree tat its a 'turn-off' sales tactic. when i learnt of tat, i got a little flustered n did nt feel gd to buy frm them. no wonder they always hide their watch prices in their online sales. anyway, whoever is interested in one of their onlines pieces which they hid the price, its going at SGD$11,200. OOPS! i mean te IWC ltd edition pc(white dial,brown leather strap). well, dun forget to factor in te 7% GST n 3% CC fee..
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
                The 16610 aka sub date list at 8.3K, but I was able to get them at low 7k about a month ago. The 16800 should be the transitional sub which has already been discont, so there's no list price for them.

Sub date preowned prices hovers from low 5k to high 5k for anything w/o pinhole. Anything above that might as well buy new one. As for 16800, it should be close to 7k (watch w/o b&p)
                ic..but how to differ the watch?
                i heard some say matt/gloss dial...etc...blur..
                so,16800 more abit ex la..becos it's discon..?
                1st) RXW 2-counter PLAsmiR mILgRapH
                2nd) PAM000J
                3rd) Sea-Dweller

WishliSt :
                1)AP diver
                2)Sinn U1

Comment

Originally posted by skyline View Post
                  ic..but how to differ the watch?
                  i heard some say matt/gloss dial...etc...blur..
                  so,16800 more abit ex la..becos it's discon..?

IIRC, the 16800 was introduced in 1977. It is driven by the caliber 3135 which introduced the quick-set date and a sapphire crystal. Also, the 16800 was the first sub to be rated from 660 feet to 1000 feet. And perhaps that was why they are now conveniently called the 'transitional sub'. Around 1985, the white gold surrounds were added to the luminous hour markers. Towards the end of the production run of the 16800s, for only about nine months, Rolex produced a reference 168000 in which the quality of the stainless steel was upgraded from grade 316 to grade 904.

In 1989, the Submariner Date received its last update, and became the current 16610. The change being the introduction of caliber 3135, which featured a 28,800 BPH rate versus the slower 21,600 BPH used in the caliber 1565.

Cosmetics wise, many say the dial looks a bit different. But I think both the 16800 and 16610 looks almost identical and it's almost impossible to distinguish the two...
                  Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

yes i agree tat its a 'turn-off' sales tactic. when i learnt of tat, i got a little flustered n did nt feel gd to buy frm them. no wonder they always hide their watch prices in their online sales. anyway, whoever is interested in one of their onlines pieces which they hid the price, its going at SGD$11,200. OOPS! i mean te IWC ltd edition pc(white dial,brown leather strap). well, dun forget to factor in te 7% GST n 3% CC fee..
                    Errr ... may I just add ... you guys talking about those watches at shop which I come to expect the price would be ex. What about those freelance dealers ... those without shop? I came across a few asking for high $$ almost to shop asking price ... then they talk up the model saying that it's discontinued blah-blah.
                    Cheers!
                    Den

Collection : PAM190 PAM88 PAM45

Comment

Errr ... may I just add ... you guys talking about those watches at shop which I come to expect the price would be ex. What about those freelance dealers ... those without shop? I came across a few asking for high $$ almost to shop asking price ... then they talk up the model saying that it's discontinued blah-blah.
                      Cheers!
                      Den

Comment

Originally posted by pingpong View Post
                        wapiangz!!! more exp than AD liao leh....

Agreed. Was considering getting a LNIB IWC SS Ingy from the said shop some months back but after adding the GST, etc., it turned out to be more expensive than buying from ADs ... eventually bought a brand new piece of that same watch from AD (at a slightly lower price) ...
                        运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Originally posted by SabaDen View Post
                          I do agreed with you.

Anyway, this is a free market and anyone can set sky high asking price.

But, you probably have to consider that the product won't move on.

Cheers,

Comment

Originally posted by SabaDen View Post
                            You mean SingaporeRolexCentre. Ya.
                            Rolex stainless steel daytona (black dial)
                            Rolex LV submariner
                            Rolex TT black submariner
                            Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
                            Rolex Non date submariner
                            Rolex Explorer2
                            More...

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lee^ View Post
                              I do agreed with you.

Anyway, this is a free market and anyone can set sky high asking price.

But, you probably have to consider that the product won't move on.

Cheers,
                              Yup ... agreed on the 1st sentence. Ultimately, it's the buyer's choice whether to pay or not ... if it's for own use & u like it, shud be ok cos you may get stuck with it if you wanna let go next time.
                              Cheers!
                              Den

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X