X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value for money...

Hi,
    Just curious about some issues:
    1) Is a rolex which is bought in SG more valuable than buying in overseas?
    2) If yes, why is it so?
    3) Does it depends on which country I buy from too?
    4) So, if I were to buy a daytona from europe, will the price be lower than what i expect if I intend to sell it off?

I hope that the experts out here will give me some advices on this!
    Thanks...

ans 1) no
    ans 2) -
    ans 3) -
    ans 4) no

Originally posted by Daytonalover View Post
    Hi,
    2) If yes, why is it so?
    4) So, if I were to buy a daytona from europe, will the price be lower than what i expect if I intend to sell it off?

Thanks...
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Hi,
      2) If yes, why is it so?

Thanks...
      hi there daytonalover,

1+2) how do you define valuable? or are you refering to preference? some consumers prefer local set to oversea set, so it doesn't really matter. guess it's a free market, so if there's someone out there willing and able to pay higher price for local set, so does it justify being more valuable? my take is that it just boils down to personal preference, as there's no issue with the warranty at all, as it's international.

3) guess as long as you buy it from authorised dealers from the listed countries with rolex service centres, you're "safe"....

4) as for the selling price, it will depends. the local retail price for daytona is more or less fixed, subject to discount depending on ADs. usually the RRP will be used as a benchmark....

hope it helps....
      Rolex TT Submariner Date Blue Dial (Ref#116613LB)
      Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller (Ref#116660)
      Rolex 18K/SS Oyster Perpetual Datejust (Ref#16233)
      Omega Seamaster 300M Chrono (Ref#2920.80.91)

Comment

Hi,
        2) If yes, why is it so?

Thanks...
        1) No
        2) No
        3) Personal preference. Some want local, others dont care.
        4) No

Originally posted by nottinghill View Post
        hi there daytonalover,

3) guess as long as you buy it from authorised dealers from the listed countries with rolex service centres, you're "safe"....

4) as for the selling price, it will depends. the local retail price for daytona is more or less fixed, subject to discount depending on ADs. usually the RRP will be used as a benchmark....

hope it helps....
        You can find out a list of AD from rolex website, so you know who is good and who is not. However I heard that usually the price is same in the countries, with marginal differences, most gains are usually from currency exchange rates.
        i hear in Switzerland, the selling price is firm with little to no discounts on list price.
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

To add, the warranty issued by Rolex is an international warranty.

If the watch is brand new, it really doesn't matter where it's bought since the warranty is INTERNATIONAL

If the watch is preowned, then it also doesn't matter from which country it's from since the warranty already expired liao.

So bottomline is, it doesn't matter where the Rolex is from. More importantly, it's a genuine Rolex
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

My answer to your question is the same as the rest.

Just like to add something, prices are controlled all over the world,in s'pore the dealers are selling the daytona at a premium. But what I can add is if you were to buy from overseas it could be cheaper(YOUR PURCHASING PRICE), but the thing is IF you can get it because they usually have a long wait list. So it would be your advantage if you can get it from overseas and bring here to sell you might make a profit la. That's what I can say.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
              My answer to your question is the same as the rest.

Just like to add something, prices are controlled all over the world,in s'pore the dealers are selling the daytona at a premium. But what I can add is if you were to buy from overseas it could be cheaper(YOUR PURCHASING PRICE), but the thing is IF you can get it because they usually have a long wait list. So it would be your advantage if you can get it from overseas and bring here to sell you might make a profit la. That's what I can say.
              Isn't that what some of the forummers here are doing?
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                Isn't that what some of the forummers here are doing?
                I dunno wad u talking about heheh

Comment

Rolex is Rolex. So same same... unless Rolex set up a production line in Thailand then different story loh...

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                    Rolex is Rolex. So same same... unless Rolex set up a production line in Thailand then different story loh...
                    Like that ah...we dun need to buy Rolex already...haha

And fakes might not be that easy to tell

Comment

Thanks!

Thank u guys for the valuable info which is given, I do intend to get it cos right now in overseas...
                      Cheers!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X