Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got good/bad customers/retailers. all i can say is caveat empor
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

warranty types

1) if you want tax free, ask shop staff before you start browsing.
      2) two types of warranty in Japan:
      a) paper warranty form: you need to fill in name and address, then Japan Rolex will post to you (even in Singapore) the credit card warranty after a few weeks. No worries there.

b) the usual warranty credit card type.

If it is (a), the prices are usually lower in price, because many foreigners, and especially local Japs treasure their privacy - if they happen to sell the watch later, their names and address will appear on the warranty - and usually the re-selling price is also lower.

Comment

Thanks for info!

Originally posted by malimu View Post
        1) if you want tax free, ask shop staff before you start browsing.
        2) two types of warranty in Japan:
        a) paper warranty form: you need to fill in name and address, then Japan Rolex will post to you (even in Singapore) the credit card warranty after a few weeks. No worries there.

b) the usual warranty credit card type.

If it is (a), the prices are usually lower in price, because many foreigners, and especially local Japs treasure their privacy - if they happen to sell the watch later, their names and address will appear on the warranty - and usually the re-selling price is also lower.

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
          i empathise TS situation. let's treat this as a learning experience. i encountered somewhat similiar situation in france as well.

so it is important that we know how the claiming of tax works in different countries. i was holidaying in france. was @ lafayatte. bought some LV items. saw the queue to claim tax - almost an hour long. ask the staff there, they replied can claim the tax before you leave europe. next stop was london. so it is a choice to stay in queue or leave the queue to join the group for dinner. chose to stay, another couple left after seeing the queue. the couple can claim up to 1k euros of tax.

when we were @ heathrow airport, they say sorry cannot MAKE claim there, it is only where you can claim the tax throught cash or credit card. they do not have forms for you to fill in also.

so does that mean one is going to ban lafayatte a big retail outlet? sometimes it is not the company fault, it is the staff fault. like what someone pointed out, could be because of language barrier. the staff @ lafayatte is not wrong to tell us that can claim tax any point of exit leaving the country. but did not say need to file the claim @ the point of sales.
          i did make my tax refund at lafayatte before, q was not so long maybe 20 mins wait and went next door to the cashier/money changer to get the cash refund.most in the q are chinese nationals.at london heathrow best is to get the refund theu ur credit card . takes 2-3 months thought but less the admin fee they charge for cash.
          Rolex TTsub
          Rolex precision
          Rolex air king
          Rolex ss datejust
          Rolex explorer II
          IWC Portofino Chrono

[U][I][B]Wishlist
          Breitling Avenger
          Rolex GMT master II
          Sinn Tempus Edt

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop