Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which are the countries to buy cheaper original rollies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which are the countries to buy cheaper original rollies?

Hi,

New to the group and wanted to start this thread so that we can get ideas on where to get cheap brand new rollies.

HK is definitely one of them. The RSC recept also confirmed this.

Our BNIB rollies came from Taiwan and Italy. The RSC recept told me that she is quite surprised as European countries are not cheap.But with the weakening of euro, situation might be different now.

Let's share this information so that if we travel, this is something that we can consider buying for investment,etc....

BTW, any idea on Seoul?

Firstly, allow me to congratulate you on your recent purchases of ROLEX watches. Now, if you do a search in this forum, you should be able to see some information on your queries.

Yes, you may be able to get slightly lower prices for branded watches overseas but how often are we, who are not watch dealers, able to get at those lower prices. Do bear in mind that we are still tourists in those countries, and how often do tourists get special discounts/lower pricings, as compared to the locals.

Few countries where branded watches were reportedly cheaper, which I often see here include Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Dubai and the US. But many of my friends and acquaintances who had the opportunity to live and travel to those countries, told me otherwise.

As I had been mentioning this, post these questions to those private watch dealers in this forum, especially to those who often sell "BNIB, overseas sets" (I won't name them and it is quite obvious). Ask them where/how they get their overseas watches to sell them here, at lower prices than our ADs. Then you may probably get a better picture of the situation. Likewise, I'd like to know too, else, all remains 'hear-say' only.

Any watch dealers here will like to try?

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

This is always a tough question!

Different models are often offered at different prices across the world. It all depends on supply and demand and popularity. Some models are offered a better price in overseas due to tax refund or strong exchange rate. There is no right or wrong answer, I feel. But if you are really keen to get a particular model in overseas, always do your own homework.

HK is a good choice, I guess. But when I was in HK a few years back, the Sub LV was still selling at premium with no stocks. Now it seems good as a recent forumer got it much cheaper than Singapore's list price. Bangkok is not bad too, 2 years ago, the SD was quite cheap there, but too bad, it's "reserved" so I also couldn't buy, otherwise, it's about 1k cheaper.

Euro is always not a good choice, even in Switzerland, the price are not very good, even after VAT. But you are right that now Euro is weak, so you can consider now. But with the increasingly higher airticket due to increase number of travellers to Europe and the unforeseen volcanic ash, the total cost of travelling and watch purchase may be about the same.

Not sure about Seoul. I have not been there. No time is good time, No place is good place, I guess. But if I can save more, why not???

Comment

Yah a friend bought his sub v series from HK few months back and paid around $7.2K. In this case, he is just a newbie and not dealer. He said it's probably even cheaper with the SGD strengthening. We bought our BNIB in Singapore for $7.5K and it's from Taiwan. But I don't mind the slight premium since the airfare and accomodation probably cost so much more.

So it does appear that overseas can be around 1k cheaper or more.... Imagine someone buy a sub for 6.8k and selling it at 7.5-7.7K here as BNIB still sounds like a good profit.

Comment

it does not matter whether it is HK, Italy, France, Germany, etc. if we are normal tourists traveling, the discount we get (if we do) is marginal.

the sellers who bought their watches overseas and post in garage section seems to be higher right? why? because, they just need to priced it lower than the lower AD price to entice buyers.

then you will ask why is it that some of the overseas set that is listed in garage section is higher? simple, these sellers also want to make a profit. if not why bother right?

in actual fact, the discount these sellers get CONFIRM is higher than what we tourists can get. so with higher discount, better exchange rate, tax rebate, they have their cost price.

some sellers have a higher cost, some have a lower cost. this will account for their different selling price. those sellers who have a lower cost will also want to sell higher to make more profit. there is no point under cutting because it will hurt them eventually.

below are examples of same watch model and series but different selling price between sellers

denheng
          dexter
          benjiyui
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
            below are examples of same watch model and series but different selling price between sellers

denheng
            dexter
            benjiyui

This is interesting.

Comment

why interesting?

Originally posted by loyfam View Post
              This is interesting.
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
              2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Adding to triton's point of varying prices for similar items, even our local ADs are operating like that. For example, a ROLEX watch at the Hour Glass @ NAC, may cost differently from another outlet, even when they are from the same company. I learnt that each outlet operates individually.
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                  why interesting?
                  Because going through each posting is quite tedious for a newbie to absorb all the information.

So seeing the vast difference between sellers' price in a snapshot is eye opening.

Comment

all the threads are found within the first 2 pages. all you need is to look @ the thread title. if you extend your effort a little more, u can use the search function.

kindly email with
                    2. your nick

Comment

Getting abit hostile in here, or is this forum not newbie friendly.

You definitely wont find cheap rolexs in australia. Everything here is double prices but ppl still buy them coz too many rich ppl. Theres a millionaire made everyday coz of the lottery :/

Comment

I juz bot a rolex sub 16610 v-series from switzerland 2 weeks ago at abt sgd$7.3k after tax rebates n discounts.. i tink its cheaper than sg price isn't it? somemore its from a v reputable chain in swiss..

Now the sgd to chf exchange rate is even betta so i tink can get it at ard sgd$7k after rebates.. the sub 16610LV is selling at abt chf$6106 after rebates n discounts if pay part by cash.. do ur calculations..

Comment

Then you are wrong. One forum member managed to purchase a Sub from Australia @ a price lower than what is being offered by most AD at the point of time of purchase *cant recall if it was 08 or 09*

Why?

Exchange rate was favourable, tax rebate and with some discount.

Also i would like to know what you mean by "double prices". Exchange rate between SG and Australia *since you mention here, take it that you are in Down Under* is currently 1.2X or there abouts. how did double come about?

Originally posted by spoony View Post
                          You definitely wont find cheap rolexs in australia. Everything here is double prices but ppl still buy them coz too many rich ppl. Theres a millionaire made everyday coz of the lottery :/

kindly email with
                          2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by spoony View Post
                            Getting abit hostile in here, or is this forum not newbie friendly.

Generally goods in Australia is abit pricey compared to overseas. That is not to say that its always the case. As for double price.... i dont think i understand what you mean. The price difference on a DJ is about A$1500-2000 if i not wrong, could be more/less.

Another factor in pricing is currency rates. AUD/EUR,AUD/USD, AUD/your currency...

As for the lottery, I wish I have the chance to clean up the division one prize one day; but I sure as hell dont see new millionaires everyday cept Friday
                            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                            Blue 6694
                            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X