Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dilemma to buy what brand watch winder...pls advise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dilemma to buy what brand watch winder...pls advise.

Pls help ... ..Intend to buy a watch winder but found that in the market got so many brand ( of course price different...), i belived some of you also got such experiance and highly appreciated all bro&sis can advise which brand is better and pls tell me where i can get it.... thanks is advance......
    My collection:
    AP Novelty Rose Gold , AP ROO Rubber Clad Rose Gold
    PAM424 California dial 47mm
    Rolex 6694 , Rolex DSSD

I would go for Rolex winder! It's nice but only for 1 watch.

Comment

Thx, brother..... actually i'm try to looking 4 , 6 watch winder...... just wander TRF member they normally use what brand winder to maintain thier " toy " .......in the market found many winder , some from German , some from taiwan or some from US or OEM factory.....very confused leh....
      My collection:
      Rolex 6694 , Rolex DSSD

Comment

I have been using winders from Orbita and Underwood and have been happy with them.
        运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

i have used eilux and orbita. serving me well. you may try our forum advertiser - iTresor or in our garage section

some considerations

1) each winder to be operated INDEPENDENTLY from the rest since you looking @ 4-6

2) after sales support is important for warranty issues

3) battery and/or DC support

4) make sure the TPD is within 650-1000. no more no less.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Thx, brother! .........
            My collection:
            Rolex 6694 , Rolex DSSD

Comment

Myself not a huge fan of watchwinder and IMHO not necessary with any watch with say a simple date complication.Without doubt the best winder is your own wrist,not any problem whatsoever to wind reset any watch.If resting any watch just give them a small wind once a month that will be fine.If I was going to recommend a winder then it would be Orbita.

Comment

Originally posted by daytona 6263 View Post
                Myself not a huge fan of watchwinder and IMHO not necessary with any watch with say a simple date complication.Without doubt the best winder is your own wrist,not any problem whatsoever to wind reset any watch.If resting any watch just give them a small wind once a month that will be fine.If I was going to recommend a winder then it would be Orbita.
                +1

I don't use watch winders too. I think it is not necessary. There is also say that it is not wise for the movement to be run all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by hst View Post
                  +1

There is also say that it is not wise for the movement to be run all the time.
                  Ehrr.......meaning one should not always wear your watch?

Comment

Originally posted by superguard View Post
                    Ehrr.......meaning one should not always wear your watch?
                    I think what was meant that watches should not be moving more than necessary or it will invariably lead to quicker wear and tear...
                    Sweet 16:
                    PP Aquanaut
                    VC Overseas
                    AP ROO Black Themes
                    A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                    Breguet Type XXI
                    Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                    JLC Navy Seals
                    GO Senator 60s
                    GP Laureato
                    Zenith Pilot Extra Special
                    Rolex DSSD
                    IWC Big Pilot
                    Pam 112
                    Omega Ploprof
                    Breitling Super Avenger
                    Glycine F104

Comment

Contrary to what people think, I get a little irked sometimes when salespeople tell me to be mindful of winders from china, taiwan or whichever third world country that will 'put the watch to great stress and wear and tear.'

I believe all these are really just sales talk BS to cover up their product's in-ability in comparison to the products of competitors'.

Look at it this way, you pay thousands of dollars for a watch which can do what? Go to the moon, tolerate extreme changes in temperatures hot and cold, operate in a vacuum, tolerate and keep accurate time even when faced with up to XXX number of G-forces, survive in the deepest depths of the ocean...etc and you are telling me that an innocent watch winder that slowly goes round and round and round a few thousand times daily is going to screw up my watch?

If that's the case, then we might as well throw away our omegas, pams, breitlings, etc.

It'll be funny to have a quote "The Omega Speedmaster - To the moon and back......but seriously crap!"

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X