2nd hand rolex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd hand rolex

hi guys..i intend to get a 2nd hand rolex..those that they are selling at the pawnshops..are they 100% genuine?or is there a need to get it authenticated at rolex svc ctr?may i know how much do rsc charge for authentication?thanks guys...
    Only a Rolex will do for me..a tradition passed down from my father and his father..
    I have a love-hate relationship with rolex, i hate the prices but love the pieces..
    Proud owner of a Rolex Explorer II 216570 polar since 27/2/13..okay..not anymore

$75 for verification in rsc..
    Do a search here and give yourself sometime I guess you will find a good deal in here rather than shops...
    DRSD-1665 mk4
    SD-16660 matte mk1
    Sub-1680 red mk6
    Sub-5513 matte/ meter first
    Exp2-16570
    Date Just-116234 MOP
    MS no date-67480

Comment

send to RSC for authentication casts you $75 and you get a peace of mind.

Comment

If you do a search in the forum, this topic has been asked, discussed and advised. It is up to you if you wish to authenticate a ROLEX watch that is bought from a pawnshop. Usually, in Singapore, ROLEX watches from pawnshops are seldom fake. At least so far, that's all I've heard. But there are still people who will authenticate the watch for a peace of mind.

Authentication fee varies between $75 and $100, depending on models. Just give them a call to find out.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

to buy rolex from pawnshop

Do you know there is a pawnshop auction every mid fri or sat of the month where auctioneers place thier highest bids. Amd someone happens to bid for a fake movement. Usually when you buy watches from pawnshop, normally they dun unlock the back case for you. Not necessory you have to go rsc to verify, there are repair shops at 2nd floor at golden landmark shopping. They r willing to verify for you. Just pay $20-$30, they will do the job.

Comment

authenticating by RSC does not mean they just check the movement and parts.

they also let you know if the watch has been 'transformed'.

certain rolex models dont have diamond bezel. but customers can always put on a diamond bezel. though the diamond bezel is original rolex, but if the particular does not have a diamond bezel, the watch is not considered TRULY 'original'. RSC has the right not to service just for this reason.

another possible scenario is that the movement parts maybe for X model but when it was serviced outside RSC, the watch technician used a part from Y model which is compatible and used it for the X model. this is also termed as not TRULY 'original'. no doubt the parts used are genuine rolex parts.

if you choose to get the watch authenticated outside RSC, make sure you fully trust the technician who can point out to you such scenarios i listed above if there is. there could be more discrepancies, i listed 2 as possible issues

yes, it may be a fraction of RSC cost, but should you want to sell/trade the piece in future and your potential buyer wants to authenticate @ RSC and such problems surface, it is a lose-lose situation for both parties.
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I agree. The best bet would be to send it to the service center for authentication. That would be the most prudent thing to do

Comment

Buying Rolex from any pawn shop then go verify in RSc, it will be great if they say is genuine and not Frankenwatch but what if otherwise, do you really think the pawnshop is willing to refund you. Think is better to deal with grey importer or private seller, get it verify at Rsc before closing the deal also at the same time you will be advise whether is the watch due to service. Just my 2 cents......

Comment

Most will honour. Mind you, they have a shop front to operate long term business, and why should they take such risk? Of course, one has to be reasonable. If one intends to do authentication, then he/she must sound out with the shop and do it immediately after purchase, or at least within that day, or next. You can't expect the shop to honour if one verifies the watch after many days, or even weeks/months later, right?
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X