Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie question

Hi all

I am thinking of coming to Singapore to source a rolex watch. I would like either a TT sub or SS sub maybe a SD.

this would be a present for my 40th so need to do the research now

the trip would be an holiday, so thinking of killing 2 birds with one stone.

what are the prices of almost new pre owned and AD new watches at the moment.

I need to find out whether i can get a good deal in singapore as I am in WA australia which is rip off capital of the world

mick

G'day from Perth too.

best bet would most likely be TT sub in terms of discount imo, but the SD is getting more and more pricey, since many ADs selling with a premium. You may want to check with the Perth AD to see if they have any SD and what is the waiting list. You may want to consider buying and taking out of Perth to claim your GST.*Could* work out better........ could not go as planned. But check out all your alternatives.
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

so there are 3 forum members here from perth already.

SS Sub is going @ list now which is about 8228 while the SD is about 8751. both are selling minimum @ list.

as for pre-own, all depends on condition of watch, which series, availability of box and papers. u may refer to the FAQ where there is a thread on Pre-own, there is a list of dealers who does pre-own, some even have website. so you may like to visit their sites to get a feel.

if getting pre-own, kindly scout around all pre-owned shops noting down
      1) price
      2) series
      3) condition of watch
      4) availability of ORIGINAL ROLEX box and papers

if you buy brand new @ authorised dealers, they can prepare the GST claim form for you when u fly out of the country.

Originally posted by fastrhino View Post
      Hi all

I am thinking of coming to Singapore to source a rolex watch. I would like either a TT sub or SS sub maybe a SD.

this would be a present for my 40th so need to do the research now

the trip would be an holiday, so thinking of killing 2 birds with one stone.

what are the prices of almost new pre owned and AD new watches at the moment.

I need to find out whether i can get a good deal in singapore as I am in WA australia which is rip off capital of the world

mick
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

When I was shopping for a Sub just 3 weeks ago, Lee Chay at Peninsula Plaza was offering their last remaining SS Sub at $8100 inclusive of GST. Watch Palace at Lucky Plaza quoted slightly lower. Hopefully these prices have not been revised since.

They seem to be the only exceptions as every other AD was selling either at $8228, or rounding down to $8200.
        Last edited by dsdfan99; 02-06-08, 10:00 PM.

Comment

I am not a wealthy man, but have long admired rolex watches, I used to stand outside my local AD as a child and look at the watches on display. (sad I know)

I dont care to much about it being brand new, I would prefere to have a almost new watch if it means I can afford what I want.

My tastes have changed over the years, i have owned several omegas the last a 45.5mm PO, so I have always prefered the look of the divers/ sports models/

If i can source one I think i would like the black TT sub as I think i would be great watch to worn everyday.

My wife and I are coming to singapore to celibrate our birthdays which is on the same day in December, only this year I am 40 so she wants to buy me the rolex.

I would appeciate any help in hooking me up with a reputable dealer or pointing me in few places.

mick

Comment

when are u coming to sg? will it be in dec? if it is then, i would suggest u come here and find out the current prices as between now till end of the year, we are looking @ 6 months which a price increase could happen

I dont care to much about it being brand new, I would prefere to have a almost new watch if it means I can afford what I want.

If i can source one I think i would like the black TT sub as I think i would be great watch to worn everyday.

My wife and I are coming to singapore to celibrate our birthdays which is on the same day in December, only this year I am 40 so she wants to buy me the rolex.

I would appeciate any help in hooking me up with a reputable dealer or pointing me in few places.

mick
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I am not a wealthy man, but have long admired rolex watches, I used to stand outside my local AD as a child and look at the watches on display. (sad I know)

My tastes have changed over the years, i have owned several omegas the last a 45.5mm PO, so I have always prefered the look of the divers/ sports models/

mick
              standing infront of the display is something i do whenever I pass rosendorffs , I even go in, just to talk to the cute sales girl

I trust you will have a great time in S'pore. Generally a tight concentration of preowned watches are in the "chinatown" region, easily accessable via the train (MRT) to the stop of the same name, ask for "peoples park" and you will navigate yourself there with ease. There are others in other areas, so it will be wise to compile a list of the places you intend to go, and no purchase is complete without paying a visit to Tong Building (rolex office) to make sure that your Rolex is nothing but Rolex only.

As for brand new you can go to many dealers located throughout the island. whether you are in the tourist area district of Orchard Rd or further out of the city.
              You are bound to find an AD stocking rolex, the only questions being stock availability and price.
              Blue 6694
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Welcome to Singapore Mate! My only advice is spend some time and shop around. They are lots of ADs and secondhand watch shops in Orchard Road. So have a heavy breakfast and start your hunt! Don't forget to ask for your GST refund!
                Last edited by 116520; 03-06-08, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Nw if u dun mind, I can help u to show u around those places. It is purely on voluntary basis oni n oso if it coincides wif my break. No guarantee. Cheers!
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                    Welcome to Singapore Mate! My only advice is spend some time and shop around. They are lots of ADs and second watch shops in Orchard Road. So have a heavy breakfast and start your hunt! Don't forget to ask for your GST refund!
                    Singapore no need to have heavy breakfast, you will easily get lost looking for watches as you well as looking for food. Just like exiting s'pore via car, you need 3/4 full tank, just top up the stomach to 3/4 that way you can always sample more things as you walk past the food stalls
                    Blue 6694
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                      Singapore no need to have heavy breakfast, you will easily get lost looking for watches as you well as looking for food. Just like exiting s'pore via car, you need 3/4 full tank, just top up the stomach to 3/4 that way you can always sample more things as you walk past the food stalls
                      True true....this I gotta agree

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Experience!! But, the TS may not get used to it, because in Oz, we usually stock up on breakfast, and dont eat until evenings .... whereas in sg, you end up eating 5x/day
                        Blue 6694
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Experience!! But, the TS may not get used to it, because in Oz, we usually stock up on breakfast, and dont eat until evenings .... whereas in sg, you end up eating 5x/day
                          No wonder I so fat

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                            No wonder I so fat
                            i literally put on weight when i was in sg. my customer even say... so fat
                            Blue 6694
                            [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

I am different from the others, I put on weight in USA and Europe as the serving portion is much more than here in Singapore....
                              i literally put on weight when i was in sg. my customer even say... so fat

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X