Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I change any exterior parts of my rolex during my next service visit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I change any exterior parts of my rolex during my next service visit?

All the diff versions of any Rolex models are now being well-documented these days. Should I change any exterior parts of my rolex during my next service visit? What I afraid is that it will no longer remains as the "true" version anymore.... but sometimes RSC insists on changing some exterior parts... HOW?????

BTW, here are some of the example websites showing us different version of some Rolex Sports. If you have any other sites please post here to share with us! Thank you!!!

http://www.network54.com/Forum/20759...ary+Submariner

http://stefanomazzariol.blogspot.com...freccione.html

From my understanding is that if any external modified parts found not to be original, RSC wont service for u. They very strict on this in the past. But now not sure. Better call them to doublecheck before gg down in case u make a wasted trip.

Comment

Thanks batamboy. I know that they will not service a watch with any non-original parts.

My question is every series of Rolex, besides its series number, MK1, MK2, MK3, etc has its own unique parts to distinguish them. What if RSC change that unique part away with a newer style part??? Will my watch not a TRUE version anymore although all parts are still original???

Originally posted by batamboy View Post
      From my understanding is that if any external modified parts found not to be original, RSC wont service for u. They very strict on this in the past. But now not sure. Better call them to doublecheck before gg down in case u make a wasted trip.

Comment

BUMP!

Comment

these subtle changes are hardly noticed. personally, if you want to trade with your rolex, then such things are important. just like there is the 3186 GMT Master II, it is internal. so abit hard to justify.

personally, i wont really bother since im buying to keep.

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
          Thanks batamboy. I know that they will not service a watch with any non-original parts.

My question is every series of Rolex, besides its series number, MK1, MK2, MK3, etc has its own unique parts to distinguish them. What if RSC change that unique part away with a newer style part??? Will my watch not a TRUE version anymore although all parts are still original???
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Can I ask to view the parts before changing? Or do they have specific dial? hands? or only the latest versions? I think if I ask these questions at RSC, those aunties will give a kind of look... I can imagine it now...

Originally posted by triton View Post
            these subtle changes are hardly noticed. personally, if you want to trade with your rolex, then such things are important. just like there is the 3186 GMT Master II, it is internal. so abit hard to justify.

personally, i wont really bother since im buying to keep.

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
              Can I ask to view the parts before changing? Or do they have specific dial? hands? or only the latest versions? I think if I ask these questions at RSC, those aunties will give a kind of look... I can imagine it now...
              Which model u servicing ?

Comment

1655 MK1

Originally posted by DM101 View Post
                Which model u servicing ?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X