No announcement yet.

Rolex Submariner - Date or No Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did notice that the foreign forums tend to prefer the 1460M in general...at least that's the vibes I get.
    Anyway, there is no right or wrong & most importantly, I do not regret getting the 16610. After all, I did not get a Rollie with the intention of re-selling it. I guess only time will tell which model is actually more valuable or more of a "collector's" piece.
    & for my sake kormaking, I hope u're wrong...ha!

Comment

Originally posted by Rolax View Post
      .... & for my sake kormaking, I hope u're wrong...ha!

Comment

16610lv

Hello everyone..went to THG to look at the 16610LV....quoted at $9009....no discount given, and seems quite rigid....

another locations to get a brand new rollie? thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by tick View Post
          Hello everyone..went to THG to look at the 16610LV....quoted at $9009....no discount given, and seems quite rigid....

Check out rolex website n u get almost all the AD. Y not check the garage for BNIB set, some going at very gd price...
          Current:
          No More Liao...

Comment

Originally posted by newbie09 View Post
            Check out rolex website n u get almost all the AD. Y not check the garage for BNIB set, some going at very gd price...
            x2.always look for good deal brought to us by some of the bros in the rolex garage.cheers.
            累了才放慢脚步; 错了才想到后悔;苦了才懂得满足;伤了 才明白坚强; 醉了才知道难忘 ; 笑了才体会美丽!

是否我沉默了,你才能听到我的心声?是否我停止了,你才能看到我的眼泪?是否我心碎了,你才会摸到我的心痛?是否我消失了,你才会知道我的存在?

Comment

I'd go with the 16610...it has a classier look and feel.

In regards to the AD and sales person. I too agree that I'd be happy to fork out a little bit more for the service. Look at it as a relationship building excercise for furture purchases. He or she will probably give you a much better deal on your next purchase. Excellent service these days are hard to come by. Enjoy the experience...cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by tick View Post

Grey dealers or this forum's garage... Should be able to get one BNIB for under $8k...

Comment

Hi everyone,
                  New member of the forum all the way from Australia.
                  This seems like a very nice place with lots of useful information.
                  I am looking at acquiring my first rolex. Currently have an omega seamaster aqua terra but would like to join the ranks of rolex.

This thread has attracted my interest because I have the same dilemma.
                  In the end I have decided on the no date 14060M.
                  Could someone please tell me what the list price at an AD is. Also whats a likely reduced price I can negotiate. I am planning a holiday to Singapore at the end of the year.
                  Do you get a cheaper price for paying in cash?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by omat View Post
                    Hi everyone,
                    I am looking at acquiring my first rolex. Currently have an omega seamaster aqua terra but would like to join the ranks of rolex.

Could someone please tell me what the list price at an AD is. Also whats a likely reduced price I can negotiate. I am planning a holiday to Singapore at the end of the year.

Cheers
                    Firstly, welcome to Singapore. You said right. This forum is full of relevant information. Any choice on a ROLEX watch is a good choice. And yes, you made one correctly.. . The list price of this watch was S$7,664 at the local ADs. Discount varies from zero to 10%. You may try to bargain for more by using cash payment.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Rolax View Post
                      I did notice that the foreign forums tend to prefer the 1460M in general...at least that's the vibes I get.
                      Anyway, there is no right or wrong & most importantly, I do not regret getting the 16610. After all, I did not get a Rollie with the intention of re-selling it. I guess only time will tell which model is actually more valuable or more of a "collector's" piece.
                      & for my sake kormaking, I hope u're wrong...ha!
                      Congrats on your new purchase! I think you have made the right choice because you've selected the best option that you can afford and will enjoy... imagine if you'd bought the no-date and later keep thinking about the date...

I agree that one shouldn't be thinking about reselling when buying a Rolex watch. Otherwise it will just be "another watch" rather than one that you will truly enjoy. As for buying experience, I would rather pay a little bit more for good customer service than facing some arrogant stupid sales men/ladies who think they own the brand... after all, good service completes the experience of buying a premium watch, especially when it is your first one

Comment

same boat

hi, also looking to purchase a sub either no date or date when i visit singapore this october.

I think singapore price is cheaper and dealers are more trustworthy. Plus for foreigners they can claim refund on GST.

I like the sub with date because you can literally wear it anywhere. plus the cyclops look is an iconic figure.

However, I like the sub no date because it serves its purpose, when you constantly use it, you no longer have to adjust to months where there are no 31st. Therefore less fidgeting... Its just me I guess..

I think the more appropriate question is why do they make so many beautiful watches its so darn hard to choose with limited funds. =)

Comment

Hi omat,

Welcome to Singapore in advance! If you have decided on the 1460M (No Date), I have good news for you. I know of a salesperson from a certain AD who can give you a 10% discount off the list price of S$7664. That is provided they still have it in stock by the time you arrive. Its the same place where I got my 16610.
                          Drop me an email on go_prague@hotmail.com or send me a private message if you want the details eg. which AD, salesperson and location and I would be glad to provide you with the info.

Originally posted by omat View Post
                          Hi everyone,

Cheers

Comment

So many choices...such limited funds....I know the feeling...I've been there...its hard when you "have to be logical" and have a budget huh...in an ideal world, I would get both.....

Originally posted by dublinfunk View Post
                            hi, also looking to purchase a sub either no date or date when i visit singapore this october.

I think singapore price is cheaper and dealers are more trustworthy. Plus for foreigners they can claim refund on GST.

I like the sub with date because you can literally wear it anywhere. plus the cyclops look is an iconic figure.

However, I like the sub no date because it serves its purpose, when you constantly use it, you no longer have to adjust to months where there are no 31st. Therefore less fidgeting... Its just me I guess..

I think the more appropriate question is why do they make so many beautiful watches its so darn hard to choose with limited funds. =)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X