No announcement yet.

Something for Newbies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These exchanges made me recall one incident which I came across many years ago at a Cold Storage supermarket here. I wonder if it has to do with the law? I saw a Caucasian lady actually demanding to refund (from the cashier) what she had just bought minutes ago. The said item is totally normal and there was no defect whatsoever. The main reason for the refund was that the same item was a few dollars cheaper just two to three shops down the alley ! And what happened was the lady got the item at the cheaper price

You may comment on the above scenario.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
      ha ha ha... seiko.citizen, I think these people are not silly but normal men... ha ha...with gals selling rolex, very hard to resist....
      very true....... our weakpoint.... watch and ladies, dont exactly mix well with the brain
      Originally posted by ppbaby59 View Post
      Looks like newbies like us not so welcome here.........
      If my comments werent what you wanted, I sincerely apologise to you. I was not making fun, rather we are eager to know who else has been done by them, afterall, its interesting from a commercial point of view on how others can still survive charging so high prices, etc.
      Originally posted by HerzAusStahl View Post
      Bro, how true. You remember my alfa? Also bought from the zilch brigade. As is the case with my other 2 cars. One of them after purchase, brand new price plunged 20k in 3 months. LL man.

Must write in to you officially, maybe you can do something for us victims.
      my parents one worse, they signed contract, then honda started to ship out new Legend with a massive price cut

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      These exchanges made me recall one incident which I came across many years ago at a Cold Storage supermarket here. I wonder if it has to do with the law? I saw a Caucasian lady actually demanding to refund (from the cashier) what she had just bought minutes ago. The said item is totally normal and there was no defect whatsoever. The main reason for the refund was that the same item was a few dollars cheaper just two to three shops down the alley ! And what happened was the lady got the item at the cheaper price

You may comment on the above scenario.
      common in western world to get a refund for any reason. I have seen it many times in Oz. Therefore when angmohs go to asia and expect to be able to refund they are shocked.
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Well I think in my scenario, the caucasian lady knew it was 'COLD Storage' she was demanding such stuff from, and not 'NTUC'
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

what ever it is, i find the angmohs who come to s'pore quite arrogant. they want to do everything THEIR way.
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by HerzAusStahl View Post
            Perhaps driven by our passion in watches, we sometimes unwittingly become accomplices to the bull-run of prices.
            Bro, u wanna buy a SANDOZ?! Whatever for?! Here i thought i was the ONLY one who was weird abt it!

There is no true love, just a finely tuned jealousy

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
              very true....... our weakpoint.... watch and ladies, dont exactly mix well with the brain

If my comments werent what you wanted, I sincerely apologise to you. I was not making fun, rather we are eager to know who else has been done by them, afterall, its interesting from a commercial point of view on how others can still survive charging so high prices, etc.

my parents one worse, they signed contract, then honda started to ship out new Legend with a massive price cut

common in western world to get a refund for any reason. I have seen it many times in Oz. Therefore when angmohs go to asia and expect to be able to refund they are shocked.
              Great to hear that you're not....... Have to accept this, no point crying over spill milk.... Life have to go on.... Agreed wif you, how can they survive????
              Rolex SS GMT II 16710 (2008)
              Rolex SS Datejust 178240 (2008)
              Rolex GMT IIc 116710LN

Comment

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                Bro, u wanna buy a SANDOZ?! Whatever for?! Here i thought i was the ONLY one who was weird abt it!

You mean to say you also like SANDOZ? Yeah I wanna buy some. Value for money leh...and I thought they are pretty well-built. I used to have a few, but got sold over the years. read somewhere that some new colours have come out, but haven't had the time to hunt for them.

sms/whatsapp to 9OO3-8999

Comment

Haha i bought them years ago...2004...was corrupted by the poor man's watch corner! Waayyyy before i got the gumption to get into rollies...

There're Sandoz Sg, Hk and pseudo-swiss types....they're responsible for the most reliable rolex homages eh? 99 % of the uncles and aunties sporting roly lookalikes with jubilee bracelets are prob sandoz?

I went and got the Sandoz blue sub and yachtmaster...250 a pc
                  There is no true love, just a finely tuned jealousy

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X